Matt Hardy

Jake Hager 
Shawn Spears

CM Punk

Don't forget Christian Cage.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Holiday's cancer is in remission and he's back in training, brother!

Furthermore, he became a free agent while he was out on sick leave so a Dynasty reunion in AEW is not as unlikely as some might think, especially if Khan just throws wads of money at Court Bauer to buy Hammerstone's release.

Training? He’s wrestling! He main evented Wrestling Open vs Max Caster a week or two ago.

He has a moustache now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steventon said:

Gut feeling is they've set it up for Cole to turn and betray MJF, which will be NUCLEAR. 

MJF saying that he learned to turn on people before they turn on him in the promo foreshadowed Cole’s eventual turn perfectly. 

• Like 3

As much as I liked the Dynasty (and three in a group is A-OK by me)... we really, really, REALLY don't need anymore 5+ member factions, or any other factions at all really. AEW is getting as bad as New Japan with the belts and the factions. It's getting to the point where the only solo wrestlers will be Punk and Kingston.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holiday's cancer is in remission and he's back in training, brother!

Furthermore, he became a free agent while he was out on sick leave so a Dynasty reunion in AEW is not as unlikely as some might think, especially if Khan just throws wads of money at Court Bauer to buy Hammerstone's release.

I'm seeing the Holiday name dropped here and there. I've yet to have any Holiday moments etched in my head or heart that would have me all that favourable on his abilities. Tho, I've only seen maybe one or two of his MLW matches from the last couple years. I can't say whether it was good or bad because I don't remember it. Most of my Holiday viewings were from the MLWTV run prior to the AEW launch. I thought he was green. He was unlikable, but I think in the positive sense. He was running with MJF who, at the time, was incredibly sloppy and brutally green. I think I thought more of Holiday's in ring work between the two. It still amazes me how talented and smooth MJF became.

What's a Holiday match to check out on the Youtubes and/or Daily Motions?

All that said, even without having seen anything particularly special from young Richard, clearly there's a story here that could potentially play pretty well on national television. More so a reference to his personal battles than an old MLW stable. 

I think turning Cole would be a mistake too, though not as egregious as turning MJF again. Cole only came back for his first national babyface run a couple months ago, and their bromance has been the driving force of humanizing MJF. I think Strong/Kingdom vs. MJF/Cole/Holliday makes more sense. Let MJF and Cole develop as faces together instead of running a predictable jealousy angle that leaves Cole nowhere to go after he loses the feud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps they can have Cole homage Davey Boy’s promo from 92: “Max, you’re my best friend and I’ll always love you. But when that bell rings… I’ve never met you.”

I love the idea of AR Fox/Swerve Strickland/Prince Nana taking their beef to the streets and garages. Having said that, this new Swerve joint was embarassingly long. Still, better than whatever that distant awful memory of Strickland and Daddy Ass' sack is. The video could've been a lot stronger with some judicious cutting - half the time and select Jumpcuts would've been fine. Bloodied Nick Wayne (Acting!) unlocking his phone seemed like a hilariously unnecessary touch. (Presumably) Jim Jacobs is passing an Impactful gas on Dynamite. I suspect from the end result of the awkward Cole-MJF series that these Skits are working. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

On 8/3/2023 at 5:16 AM, Dog said:

NO ONE TOLD ME TONY KHAN WOULD HAVE A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Actually...

Well, I said my money's on exactly that, so no I didn't "tell" it, but A REF could have seen that coming from three feet away!

...not Aubrey, but some other ref!

Edited by Shartnado
Aubrey would have looked the other way...
  • Haha 1

Swerve and Fox heading to Nick's gym reminded me of the Horsemen tracking Dusty down in a parking lot to break his hand. Strickland likes to add a little too much sneering movie villain to his act for my tastes but I enjoyed the execution of this segment. It did go a little long but the lack of cuts added realism for me, the base assumption I make when I see a cut is that the segment was stitched together from multiple takes so the fewer the better as far as I'm concerned

• Like 2

Not going to lie, Swerve and Fox attacking Nick Wayne ruled. It reminded me of the shit Homicide would do to Colt in their feud and that's one of my favorite feuds of all time. I mean, they've done so much worse shit on AEW TV, so why not go for attacking Nick or Darby with some Drano?

COME ON TK, YOU ROH MARK! You know this is the path you want to go down.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I thought that segment was totally Taker beating up David Flair, especially with them attacking the random trainees. You should also go watch that segment if you want some peak Bikertaker.

With appearances by Jose and Joel Maximo as trainees getting beat up, for some reason.

AR Fox went from being JAG, a voiceless, practically faceless dude who just worked in the ring, to maybe the only other person aside from Swerve that I give a shit about in the Mogul Embassy. And they did that in one vignette/segment. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

His best physical feature is the smile with the grill. God what a devious looking bastard. 

His weird-ass entrance music is a nice piece of the puzzle as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Swerve and Fox heading to Nick's gym reminded me of the Horsemen tracking Dusty down in a parking lot to break his hand. Strickland likes to add a little too much sneering movie villain to his act for my tastes but I enjoyed the execution of this segment. It did go a little long but the lack of cuts added realism for me, the base assumption I make when I see a cut is that the segment was stitched together from multiple takes so the fewer the better as far as I'm concerned

You could be surprised how, in the right hands, an editor can splice together a piece of footage. Think less Kevin Dunn and more 'documentary cinema'. That said, these skits are clearly finding an audience. Wherever I may have thought this missed the mark, I  can see what it provided. That said, even with an inspirational back story, Nick Wayne feels like a difficult sympathy sell. That face in combination with that haircut reeks of being a Heel. Regardless, great, great bloody visual from the young upstart. Here's hoping the skits assist in getting AR Fox, and Swerve, further up the card. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

You could be surprised how, in the right hands, an editor can splice together a piece of footage. Think less Kevin Dunn and more 'documentary cinema'. That said, these skits are clearly finding an audience. Wherever I may have thought this missed the mark, I  can see what it provided. Even with an inspirational back story, Nick Wayne feels like a difficult sympathy sell. That face in combination with that haircut reeks of being a Heel. Here's hoping the skits assist in getting AR Fox, and Swerve, further up the card. 

I guess that’s part of it, I don’t want to think of it as a skit, cinema, or a documentary I want to think of it as real footage Swerve paid to have shown on TV cause he’s a jerk and has the money to rub it in on national television

Of course, if it were real real you wouldn’t show an assault on TV so I appreciate there’s different levels of belief being suspended here

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I guess that’s part of it, I don’t want to think of it as a skit, cinema, or a documentary I want to think of it as real footage Swerve paid to have shown on TV cause he’s a jerk and has the money to rub it in on national television

Of course, if it were real real you wouldn’t show an assault on TV so I appreciate there’s different levels of belief being suspended here

Nick needs to say he will not press charges if he gets a no DQ tag match with Darby against those two TURDS!

• Like 1

Tonight looks pretty good.

• Parking Lot Fight: The last one is one of the few 2019-mid 2021 AEW matches I went back and saw and it was a fun, violent spectacle. They went and filmed this special and you know that they wall wanted to make it something good.
  • Keith Lee/Hardys vs Butcher/Blade/Kip: Just enough here to be interesting. How will the Hardys and Keith Lee work together? Will Keith Lee and Butcher brawl? Will Keith Lee crush Kip? Matt used to have B&B in his stable, etc. Shouldn't wear out its welcome.
  • Anna vs Skye: It's something of a fresh match. Neither really has direction. Let's see where they're going with it?
  • I think we're all kind of excited to see what heel AR Fox looks like working with Swerve. They probably have a bunch of stupid, painful looking tandem moves.

Plus we get more Collision matches.

• Like 3

Daddy Magic Appreciation Society?

You can tell Jack Perry has truly embraced the dark side cause he has a beard, RVD is a good case for legal weed.

Loved the trios match, especially the little bit where Jeff was Flair and Kenny was Steamboat. Hope they stretch this feud out.

Shidas bodysuit gear looks a lot better than her wearing my dads tighty whitys 

• Haha 1