DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Despair watching overseas at the frequent mass shootings in the United States of America and how nothing ever changes. Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Uvalde. We had Dunblane school in 1996 and we've never had another. Very rare to have mass shootings here.

Didn't Britain move quickly to outlaw handguns from regular folks after that one tragedy? Pretty good indication that it was very effective. Sadly, people now carry knives if they are feeling violent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shartnado said:

Didn't Britain move quickly to outlaw handguns from regular folks after that one tragedy? Pretty good indication that it was very effective. Sadly, people now carry knives if they are feeling violent.

Right on both counts. Yes, it was Dunblane and unfortunately knife crime is really prevalent in the UK.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:41 PM, porksweats said:

Well I'll be damned, I always considered Cash to be the Tully of the FTR Brainbuster comparison but here he is channeling Arn.

They were both Tully-sized Arns, but that's neither here nor there. I would have assumed that they both were done messing with Guns after the title change, but I guess not!

• Haha 3

On 8/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

I’ve been preaching the gospel of Confess, Fletch whenever there’s an opportunity, think it’s a great time. Maybe about as well deployed as Hamm has been in a movie (not sure what would even be second place, maybe Baby Driver?). Some fun, brief interplay with John Slattery in there too that should definitely scratch an itch if you’re  a Mad Men fan.

Thanks for this. We just watched it. Wasn’t on my radar at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two years ago today, Punk debuted in AEW. Him returning to wrestling is something I never thought would happen. I remember watching his Starrcast 2019 interview and it seemed pretty concrete that he had moved on.

In a week, he’ll be wrestling Samoa Joe in front of over 80,000 people.

A lot has changed in two years, especially regarding how a lot of the (online) fandom view him. But he’s still one of the bigger attractions AEW has, but I’m sure some will try to argue that.

Pretty crazy two years as a Punk fan, though. From that Rampage show, to his return match, the short Kingston feud, the program with MJF, then Brawl Out, up until now.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2023 at 11:06 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Obviously I’m not a Florida lawyer but from what I’ve been able to gather without reading any pleadings, we have this one bitch complaining about some car driving around passing people. Pulls up along side said reckless driver and says dude stares at him and pointed a gun. And then there’s no stop, Cash isn’t interviewed. No video of altercation, and police don’t have the gun. 

Anger management and dismiss, if the state can get that.

As a fully cynical American, I suspect Cash will get charged with whatever the Khan family tells the DA to charge him with, either directly or via the various state officials they have in their pockets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

As a fully cynical American, I suspect Cash will get charged with whatever the Khan family tells the DA to charge him with, either directly or via the various state officials they have in their pockets.

Eh, he's a white guy with no priors charged in Florida with simple assault with no injuries and no physical evidence, he would be fine even if he hung sheetrock instead of wrestled.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Anyway, I've seen The Iron Savages now a few times and the gimmick is not an improvement on Bear Country. However, if they insist on being the way they are now, at least tweak the gimmick into Cocaine Bear Country!

That would certainly add fuel to the rumor that Tony Khan is a cokehead. I honestly don't think he is. Personally, I think he may have adult ADHD, but what do I know? I'm just a funeral director. I know death. If Coach TK still lurks here, I don't want to offend him with my amateur diagnosis. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That would certainly add fuel to the rumor that Tony Khan is a cokehead. I honestly don't think he is. Personally, I think he may have adult ADHD, but what do I know? I'm just a funeral director. I know death. If Coach TK still lurks here, I don't want to offend him with my amateur diagnosis. 

I mean, obviously they are not going to DO that, but he could always lean into those rumours and as a FU to unfounded speculation while also capitalize (albeit very late at this point) on the popularity of that amazing comedy of SharKnado proportions! They could still act the way they do now, but they'd be bears AND there's an explanation for their behavior!

Edited by Shartnado
added "point"
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:11 PM, Octopus said:

Ok, I have a lot of catching up to do:

D1-D68686-BB2-F-450-E-82-E9-2-B7-F8-E79-

Alright, today’s Top Ten: Cash Wheeler zingers

Reveal hidden contents

10. Just fists, not clips

9. Cash Concealer (and carry)

8. FTR stands for Florida Turnpike Rage

7. Sounds like Cash is All Out *reads more* sounds like Cash is All In (?)

6. Live at Wembley, The Young Bucks vs Wiley Wheeler and the Surprisingly Calmer Dax

5. Cash couldn’t hit that Shooting Star Press but he was pretty confident he could hit that Drive by shooting

4. No really, Dax is the more chill one

3. Dax may want to be like Bret, but right not he’s the Shawn to Cash’s Jannetty 

2. That wasn’t very Wheeler Mercedes of him.

1. Worse case scenario, strap a bunch of twenty dollar bills to Yuta and no one could tell the deference.

Octopus will be right back with Regis Philbin!

• Haha 6

On 8/22/2023 at 12:47 AM, Go2Sleep said:

If that is going to happen, we will also have an explanation for Swerve getting away with crime broadcast on television. Doesn't explain Jeff Hardy actually getting a punishment for his crime, (although that may not have happened in Florida). And hell, neither did Swerve filming the attack on Billy Gunn and Later Nick Wayne, so maybe Khan's political pull wouldn't explain those either? Dammit!

23 hours ago, Casey said:

AEW are releasing the original ALL IN on blu-ray and DVD. Preorders start tomorrow, for 2 weeks only.

https://www.shopaew.com/more-items/dvds/pre-order-all-in-2018-dvd.html
from the ShopAEW website:

"The following program has been modified from its original version, including to remove certain segments and to change certain audio."

"Zero Hour is not included"

I wonder how much they're changing. I assume the audio line is most referring to theme music. Will they take out Joey Ryan's return with the penis druids? maybe something with Marty Scurll?i haven't watched in a few years, but don't remember anything else problematic. Will be preordering as soon as it goes on sale regardless.

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, twiztor said:

https://www.shopaew.com/more-items/dvds/pre-order-all-in-2018-dvd.html
from the ShopAEW website:

"The following program has been modified from its original version, including to remove certain segments and to change certain audio."

I wonder how much they're changing. I assume the audio line is most referring to theme music. Will they take out Joey Ryan's return with the penis druids? maybe something with Marty Scurll?i haven't watched in a few years, but don't remember anything else problematic. Will be preordering as soon as it goes on sale regardless.

Good catch, mate. Theme music and Joey Ryan I can see getting cut. Possibly Kazuchika Okada vs. Marty Scurll as well.