DVDVR Message Board

THE AFTERMATH - WWE TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Spoiler

FswqiUwWAAE-drR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Well, well... that's what happens when you don't acknowledge him!  Reigns is now 54 days away from entering the 1000 Club.  He's 81 days from passing Pedro Morales for 5th longest run ever.  He'd pass Bruno's 2nd reign right before Royal Rumble '24.

Time to board the ship to Puerto Rico! 

I've heard switchblades are really popular there...  I wonder if that'll have anything to do with tonight's show? 

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

They really should have moved to the main roster years ago. 

Probably, but I can understand why they haven’t.  They’re good in-ring, but neither guy ever struck me as dynamic or charismatic.  

The Schism is ok - I thought it might have gotten them all to the main roster eventually - but I feel like Grizzled Young Veterans have disappeared into their gimmicks since getting repackaged,  I had to look up their new ring names and they were renamed almost a year ago.  I couldn’t tell you if commentary still uses their names much even though I watch the show.  They’ve shown the personality of Undertaker’s druids since they joining Schism last summer (and gotten just as promo time).  I feel like they weren’t going to come out of Schism with much momentum.

I liked them as GYV but wouldn’t call them up with Creeds or Pretty Deadly.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

1 hour ago, Red King said:

Triple H will make an announcement tonight on Raw.

In my fantasy booking mind: HHH will show the footage of Solo Sikoa interfering and costing Cody the match to the referee that was there last night and has Reigns/Cody match re-started immediately where Cody wins. He can say to Reigns what he said when Jericho won years ago: "The win didn't happen." Reigns doesn't like it, well he can forfeit the titles.

In reality: Nothing, probably something to do with the WWE draft or something with Raw changing networks due to Endeavor acquisition.

Edited by Andrew POE!

13 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Probably, but I can understand why they haven’t.  They’re good in-ring, but neither guy ever struck me as dynamic or charismatic.  

I somewhat disagree with this. Gibson seemed to know how to get an audience to hate him and was one of the more over people in NXT UK. That translated over well enough as a team and they were over for a while in NXT as well. That said it felt like they lost themselves more and more as things went on with Schism finally  killing anything they had left resembling momentum. 

While I am still super disappointed with the result of the main (I'm just bored of Roman personally), this weekend was a solid win overall and I'm excited to see what they do tonight. I hope Cody gets a really great fired up promo and they set up something cool for Bianca.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I somewhat disagree with this. Gibson seemed to know how to get an audience to hate him and was one of the more over people in NXT UK. That translated over well enough as a team and they were over for a while in NXT as well. That said it felt like they lost themselves more and more as things went on with Schism finally  killing anything they had left resembling momentum. 

I didn’t see them at all in NXT UK and didn’t watch a whole lot of them prior to the USA show.  I feel like they probably got pidgeon-holed as tag team experts better in the ring than on the mic before I saw them.  That’s generally a  death slot in the WWE.

I feel like the problem now is that NXT already has several teams waiting for callups who are more obvious fits for the main roster and how many tag team are you going to call up this year?

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

The final era before the merge. World Wrestling Entertainment Inc, which was started as Titan Sports, Inc. in 1980 will cease to exist in this year. So the third operating company starts in 2023.

Titan Sports, Inc. (1980–1999) World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc. (1999–2002) World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (2002 to 2023 and defunct soon).

Stock for the new company in the future will be traded under as TKO. I expect the new stock to surge.

1 minute ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

If the ending of this RAW isn't Vince flexing on the "nothing's going to change with WWE and I'm going nowhere" overarching sentiment from today, I don't know what is

That's enough WWE for me until next year

I mean please go but what in god’s name are you talking about? 

• Like 3

I thought it was brilliant. Lesnar is the perfect badass heel. Cody is somewhat a perfect underdog babyface. Him getting murked heats both of them up. It makes great sense. The crowd reactions show it. The only thing I was scared of was Lesnar Germaning him on the steps, which they'll probably try to do on the inevitable match. 

• Like 4

One of the flattest "post WrestleMania" RAWs I can remember. I usually only watch RAW a handful of times a year, and this is always one of them but what an uninteresting show with a bizarre ending. Nothing that makes me want to watch RAW again, but I'll watch Backlash anyway.

• Like 1

Okay since people who never post about WWE are now posting about how much they hated an episode of Raw:

1) Cody gets to now have a hot feud against Brock. That is a main event level match depending on whatever Roman is doing that PPV. It is also a new matchup. 

2) It frees Roman up for the next part of The Bloodline saga. And they already teased his disappointment with The Usos. 

• Like 6