DVDVR Message Board

2023 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

RIPPA

Is he actually dead?

When I looked this morning everyone said it was just another Internet Hoax and that the publicist said he was alive

15 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

He was great in everything he was in, his scenes in "So I Married An Axe Murderer" are hysterical. 

Having discussed the Inspector Cleaseau movie on the pod, I can only 99% agree with this statement. 

20 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

He was great in everything he was in, his scenes in "So I Married An Axe Murderer" are hysterical. 

His little moment of self-doubt after yelling at Anthony LaPaglia is fucking magic.  

Julian Sands is getting slept on here. The scene in Warlock: The Armageddon where he walks down off the building on the invisible stairs is one of the coolest moments in any film ever. I know that has little to do with his acting, but he was so good anyway. And he was in a shitload of movies. I always wanted to watch that creepy-ass Boxing Helena.

• Like 1

Long time soap opera star Andrea Evans - best known for playing Tina Lord on One Life to Live - has passed away at the age of 66 due to breast cancer

She also appeared on The Young and the Restless, Passions and Bold and the Beautiful

• Sad 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:04 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Julian Sands is getting slept on here. The scene in Warlock: The Armageddon where he walks down off the building on the invisible stairs is one of the coolest moments in any film ever. I know that has little to do with his acting, but he was so good anyway. And he was in a shitload of movies. I always wanted to watch that creepy-ass Boxing Helena.

Julian Sands was my best hope for live action Elric of Melnibone at one point in time.  Now everything rests on Matt Smith.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oof, this one hurts.  Pee Wee's Playhouse was a huge part of my childhood and very influential on my developing sense of humor.

If you haven't seen his HBO special that preceded Playhouse you should absolutely check it out.

• Like 5

On 7/11/2023 at 9:15 AM, J.T. said:

Julian Sands was my best hope for live action Elric of Melnibone at one point in time.  Now everything rests on Matt Smith.

My perfect Elric was 30ish John Hurt but Sands... yeah that woulda worked

James

14 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Oof, this one hurts.  Pee Wee's Playhouse was a huge part of my childhood and very influential on my developing sense of humor.

If you haven't seen his HBO special that preceded Playhouse you should absolutely check it out.

I randomly caught that special as a kid, before the show was on but I think after Pee Wee's big adventure. I was not prepared for the blue show. And then seeing it translated to very sly kids TV which I loved as a teenager was brilliant.

So sad, huge loss.

• Like 1