DVDVR Message Board

2023 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, I see season 2 of Winning Time is gonna move through time a while hell of a lot faster than season 1.

I don't know why, but the thing I'm most curious about, is how they handle the Bird-Magic relationship. Part of me thinks this show will go the route of saying they never actually liked each other, even though that is the least interesting path.   With the show moving through time so quickly, that also means less Jason Seigal unfortunately.

I already miss unhinged Wood Harris.

• Like 1

I didn't know what to think of the first episode of Winning Time. I think I liked it, but it also felt like it dragged on and on. Also, the whole, yeah, Magic was fucking a lot of women, I wonder how he got AIDS thing is already pretty tired.

And I figured Jason Segel wouldn't be in this season much because he was filming Shrinking.

9 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I don't know why, but the thing I'm most curious about, is how they handle the Bird-Magic relationship. Part of me thinks this show will go the route of saying they never actually liked each other, even though that is the least interesting path.   With the show moving through time so quickly, that also means less Jason Seigal unfortunately.

I already miss unhinged Wood Harris.

I assume they'll eventually get to that thing where they became friends off the court.

I'm curious to see if it gets into the Magic/Isiah/Mark Aguirre friendship that should theoretically be popping up by the middle of this season at the pace it's going. (Man, if the three of them had been in the NBA thirty years later, you know damn well they would've tried to team up together. I mean, Thomas and Aguirre did anyway, but...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait, Wood Harris isn't in the second season? Shit. 

According to the Roger Ebert website review they don't really get into Magic vs. Bird at all this season when according to the reviewer it should have been a focal point. Maybe next season?

I guess the idea is that because this season ends with the  84 Finals, the rivalry doesn't really kick into high gear until after that? Idk.  That said, the first scene of the episode was great. I had to screen shot "these crackas done lost they damn mind" for future use.

Edited by RandomAct

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Full Circle is exactly the type of mystery drama show I love. Reminds me of Mare of Easttown. Man, I miss that show.

I REALLY likes Full Circle. A very unique show, for sure.

• Like 1

Today I learned Jack Bannon, maybe best remembered for being on Lou Grant, was the son of Bea Benaderet l from Pettycoat Junction and voice of Betty Rubble. 

I was watching an episode of Pettycoat and he played the deputy who gave Kate a traffic ticket. 

Holy hell, Reservation Dogs episode 3 was a tough watch as it deals with abusive boarding schools for native youth, but it definitely needs to be seen. Really intense but great episode.

Episode 4 was much more of a traditional Rez Dogs experience. I'm going to miss this fucking show.

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Holy hell, Reservation Dogs episode 3 was a tough watch as it deals with abusive boarding schools for native youth, but it definitely needs to be seen. Really intense but great episode.

Episode 4 was much more of a traditional Rez Dogs experience. I'm going to miss this fucking show.

One thing I loved about Episode 3:

Spoiler

I feel like a lot of shows would've let the old guy off the hook. "Aw, he's got a family. He's just an old man now. He can live." Fuck that. I'm glad they didn't give him a pass.

• Like 1

Season finale of Warrior was probably the 2nd best episode of the shows 3 season run. Really hoping we get a season 4 to finish the story because they left it in a very interesting place.

Since no one here besides me is watching it, here is the season 1 trailer:

I know some of you would love this shit and we need a season 4. Gotta give it the hard sell. 

11 minutes ago, Log said:

One thing I loved about Episode 3:

Hide contents

I feel like a lot of shows would've let the old guy off the hook. "Aw, he's got a family. He's just an old man now. He can live." Fuck that. I'm glad they didn't give him a pass.

Spoiler

Fuck, if anything the fact that he lived as long as he did is an injustice. Dude deserved a million times worse.

• Like 1