DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Full trailer for The Killer

Director: David Fincher

Michael Fassbender, Tilda Swinton, Charles Parnell, Sala Baker, Sophie Charlotte, and Kerry O'Malley.

Soundtrack is done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

• Like 1

Anyone But You

Directed Will Gluck (Easy A, Friends with Benefits)

It is impossibly beautiful people fucking and then pretending they don't want to fuck some more. Getting attention mainly due to Sydney Sweeney

On 10/27/2023 at 10:15 AM, RIPPA said:

Full trailer for The Killer

Director: David Fincher

Michael Fassbender, Tilda Swinton, Charles Parnell, Sala Baker, Sophie Charlotte, and Kerry O'Malley.

Soundtrack is done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

The graphic novel series this movie is based on is intriguing if you like stories that are morally grey (and I do) so I am looking forward to this.

Edited by J.T.

The Fall Guy

Directed by David Leitch

Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt, Winston Duke, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Stephanie Hsu

It is inspired by the TV show that maybe three people on this board remember

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

All the old guys here prob remember  Heather Thomas in the opening credits. 

And the pink bikini poster. 

Thomas apparently quit acting in 1998 because of persistent stalking. 

That doesn’t surprise me. How many Rebecca Schaefer incidents would an actress need to say it’s not worth it, especially if you have money in the bank already?

although, as a teen, I was Team Locklear in the battle of the Heathers. I think teen me was disappointed Heather Thomas used a body double in Zapped.

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The Comedian said:

We'll be getting that "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" movie any day now...

My money is on either a Hardcastle & McCormick or a Dempsey & Makepeace movie getting made first.

• Like 1

My wife always tells a story of how, when they were kids, her middle brother fell down the steps to their basement. He was probably 3 or 4-years old. She and her parents are standing at the top of the stairs, looking down all worried about him. He pops up and says, "Just like the Fall Guy!" and runs off just fine.

• Haha 4

Darius Martin, when he still wore a mask, his wrestling name was Air Wolf. When he worked for MLW his entrance music was the theme from the Airwolf TV show. He had no idea what it was, because the show ended 12 years before he was born.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm here for an Airwolf reboot, as long as they keep the banger of a theme song.

Works for me as more people remember Airwolf than they do Blue Thunder(either the movie or the series), but some exec will do a deep dive on Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith Miller Lite commercials and then "rediscover" the Blue Thunder series and green light a reboot.

LIFT

Directed by F. Gary Gray

Kevin Hart, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Vincent D'Onofrio, Úrsula Corberó, Billy Magnussen, Viveik Kalra, Yun Jee Kim, and Sam Worthington

Basically Ocean's 11 on a plane