DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Oh, and if you wanted the Full Monty for Nic's dome, here you go

BUTCHER'S CROSSING (dir. Gabe Polsky)

Think Cormac McCarthy, I guess. If you don't wanna watch the trailer here's a shot of His Baldness.

Spoiler

First Trailer and Poster for Western BUTCHER’S CROSSING, Starring Nicolas Cage

The best part is the trailer ends with a shot of him scraping his head with a straight razor 😄

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

May be an illustration of text that says 'ITIS S NOT DEATH IF YOU REFUSE 2024'

EDIT: Oops. Just pretend this is the comic book movie thread.

Bill Skarsgård is an interesting pick for the role of Eric Draven.  I wonder how many incels will bitch about Shelly Webster not being a white woman?

So long as the Skull Cowboy factors into the story and they dispense with the kill the crow / take his power bullshit, I will be good.  For once, let the twist be the one from the graphic novel.  Let the bad guys find out the hard way that Eric cannot be stopped until he gets his revenge.

After the wrong has been set right, Eric will have his peace in death.  I will probably weep profusely.

Oh, and at some point in the movie, they must find a way to incorporate "Fear is for the enemy.  Fear and bullets" from the graphic novel into the dialogue somewhere.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

They need to let Michael Berryman have his day in the... moon? if he's willing to go under the makeup again. He is old as fuck now and probably doesn't want the hassle but it would be cool. Maybe just let him voice the character?

Well, it is already done and too late but hey cross your fingers.

Edited by Curt McGirt

THE HUNGER GAMES: THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES

Starring Tom Blyth, Rachel Zegler, Peter Dinklage, and Viola Davis. 

Directed by Franklin Lawrence (ConstantineRed SparrowThe Hunger Games: Parts 1, 2, 3, & 4)

ALL OF US STRANGERS

Starring Andrew Scott, Paul Mescal, Jamie Bell, and Claire Foy 

Directed by Andrew Haigh

--

This movie is going to rip your heart out more viciously than any Mortal Kombat fatality. 

The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial

Directed by William Friedkin 

Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Clarke, Jake Lacy, Monica Raymund, Lewis Pullman, Jay Duplass, Tom Riley And Lance Reddick

Lance Reddick appears to be Lance Reddicking the fuck out of his scenes and I am here for it

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

Saw X (2023) is 85% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. As a big fan of the series, I never saw that coming.

Saw Saw X (2023), see what I did there, last night. I enjoyed the film with one or two misgivings. The highlight of the film was the sole focus on John Kramer/Jigsaw. Amazing to think Tobin Bell is 81. Setting the film between Saw (2004) and Saw (2005) was a great move. This was Saw 1.5. I will say the mandatory twist and the third act lost its way with me.

10. Spiral (2021).

9. Jigsaw (2017).

8. Saw 3D (2010).

7. Saw V (2008).

6. Saw IV (2007).

5. Saw III (2006).

4. Saw X (2023).

3. Saw VI (2009).

2. Saw II (2005).

1. Saw (2004).

Teaser for Leave the World Behind which I feel like I have been hearing about forever now

Julia Roberts, Ethan Hawke, Mahershala Ali, Myha’la, Charlie Evans and Kevin Bacon

Directed by Sam Esmail

1) There's no way to make this without it being a comedy.  Intentional or not.

2) The actual movie would be them talking for two hours about crypto and the 19 year old being halfway through a sentence explaining "HODL" when the screen cuts to black, roll credits.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

1) There's no way to make this without it being a comedy.  Intentional or not.

2) The actual movie would be them talking for two hours about crypto and the 19 year old being halfway through a sentence explaining "HODL" when the screen cuts to black, roll credits.

I'm totally on board with the first 80 minutes being about how the owner skirted all the safety shit he was supposed to be doing because it was too expensive and the last 10 be the "voyage" with the just shot to black in the end.  

Really drive home that being "cost effective" killed 4 people.  

• Like 2