DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The re-issue of Stop Making Sense will debut in IMAX at the Toronto International Film Festival next month.

There will also be a Q&A with all four Talking Heads, which promises to be just insanely tense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

The re-issue of Stop Making Sense will debut in IMAX at the Toronto International Film Festival next month.

There will also be a Q&A with all four Talking Heads, which promises to be just insanely tense.

I'm really excited for the vinyl reissue out this Friday. It'll be cool to finally have all of the songs from the movie on there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Well, I can stop googling to see when it comes out. Was supposed to have been August. 

Didn't realize, but they're doing a nationwide Imax premier on the 11th: https://stopmakingsense.imax.com/

Of course the closest to me is down by Chicago and my wife is having knee surgery on the 8th so I guess I'm shit out of luck.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Zimbra said:

They're all in their 70s, the only tense situation is the Metamucil kicking in all at once.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

They're all in their 70s, the only tense situation is the Metamucil kicking in all at once.

I don't want to believe that Tina Weymouth is that old, but it is true.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Not really upcoming since it's out today, but here ya go... finally.

I didn't remember even watching the last episodes of the series until I saw the next-to-last (they've been playing on Adult Swim in recent days in anticipation of this), remembered "SORRRRRRYYYYYYYY" and then realized the last one was a rock opera and that's why I never watched it.

Dethklok 4 is also out too if you wanna check that out. I recall a roommate buying and playing the first one when it came out and thinking "I have an entire library of legit, legendary heavy metal albums from actual heavy metal bands in my room and you want to listen to this instead?"

CASSANDRO

Starring Gael Garcia Bernal, Bad Bunny, Roberta Colindrez, and El Hijo Del Santo(!)

Directed by Roger Ross Williams (Academy Award winner for Music By Prudence)

Select theaters on September 15.  On Amazon Prime September 22. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For another strike against Priscilla - Sofia Coppola revealed that she was unable to get the rights to Elvis' music so all the music in the movie will be covers

"Teaser" Trailer for Zach Snyder's Rebel Moon:

Looks derivative.

Also, can he please stop ruining good songs? It's getting unbearable. What did Jane's Addiction ever do to him, to deserve that?