DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2022

The Natural

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I’m watching Okada-Jeff Cobb from G1 and if they do another Forbidden Door I’d really like to see Wardlow-Cobb. Super athletic hoss fight.

They need to bring in a gigantic guy for Cobb, too.  Acey Romero sized at least.

• Like 2

Don’t know where else to put this, but it’s struck me a few times that Austin Gunn is a Memphis Wrestler trapped in 2020’s wrestling.  His look size and wrestling style would fit right in with Lawler, Dundee, Jarrett, Brian Christopher et al.

I’ve loved the Gunn Club v Acclaimed feud.

• Like 11

17 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Why would you buy another Monday Night Jericho shirt, though? 

I would actually buy me if it weren’t probably $300 as a “vintage” tee.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

But he's not leaving until next year I'm pretty sure, he's just going back to do a DDT show.

He definitely made it sound like he's actually going back:

“I have to go back to Japan at the DDT big show on August 20,” Takeshita wrote. “I don't have much time left in the US. I hope to come back to here soon and I hope you all feel the same way.”

• Sad 2

According to Dave Meltzer, Takeshita will be performing outside of Japan for a year or so and currently lives in the United States. However, he added that even if he goes back to Japan, AEW can bring him back whenever they want. It was noted that AEW has a “good relationship” with DDT. Details of his deal with DDT are unknown.

It was suggested that if AEW doesn’t do anything with him soon, somebody else could sign him and make him a star. Meltzer specifically said that WWE is currently looking for a Japanese wrestler with a large build, which Takeshita has.

• Like 2

Look, if WWE is trying to bring back and bring in some people that's awesome. It'll help the product. You can take MJF even if you want to, but don't you damn dare take Takeshita.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Look, if WWE is trying to bring back and bring in some people that's awesome. It'll help the product. You can take MJF even if you want to, but don't you damn dare take Takeshita.

Hell, we can even throw in Ethan Page!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I will remember this MJF slander upon his return and he's instantly a big deal. ?

Oh, I never said he wasn't a big deal, but it's nice to have diversity atop the card and a Japanese wrestler would not only be perfect for AEW, but could help with potential expansion out that way if they want to become a global powerhouse like the WWE. Chess, not checkers here.

• Like 2

There are vague rumblings about Miro and Andrade being unhappy and thinking they might be better off in WWE now. 

But of course, not everyone can be pushed in WWE either - no matter who is in charge.

To be honest I couldn't give two shits about Andrade, but the Miro thing has got out of hand. The sooner Punk gets back and either turns heel or loses to Moxley the better.

edit: fwiw, Takeshita is wrestling for Progress in UK coming up this weekend. Maybe he is doing more dates in the UK.

Edited by SprintingFromAmerica

2 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

There are vague rumblings about Miro and Andrade being unhappy and thinking they might be better off in WWE now. 

But of course, not everyone can be pushed in WWE either - no matter who is in charge.

To be honest I couldn't give two shits about Andrade, but the Miro thing has got out of hand. The sooner Punk gets back and either turns heel or loses to Moxley the better.

The change in leadership at WWE is going to have a lot of guys saying things to try and get pushes/raises. And I'm sure there are lots of third-party conversations going on trying to stir or elevate some dissension/unhappiness.

• Like 4