DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 5/25/2022

Pretty good show with no real bad segments, don’t want to write a lot but my favourite moments were:

Wardlow murdering that one dude. It looked like when Freddy Krueger pulled Johnny Depp into the bed on the first NOES.

Eddie looked great in shorts, wouldn’t mind if he kept this look.

Thank god for Ricky Starks being on my TV every week, he’s been on quite a roll since the Jay Lethal match a few months ago. Guy is so entertaining to watch and he maximises every second of screen time he gets. Laughed out loud when a fan yelled at him for missing a stomp and he INSTANTLY shouted “your dad should have missed when he came you punk ass bitch”

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 7

Yeah that three way dance was very good, especially in how it started with a lot of smooth/rehearsed-looking stuff but got stiffer, more chaotic and less cooperative-looking as the match progressed. Those three could easily do it again a few times and it would still rock. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh he is having way way way more fun than those 2 tweets.  They may have to physically push him back on the plane to Japan if he keeps this up

Just promise him some hololive and you'll get him back.

The Hangman/Punk promo seemed like it was supposed to be a red herring. Both guys kinda teased a heel turn, but odds are the match ends clean one way or the other.

Had a horrible thought of Cole and Britt becoming the King and Queen of Harts. Not that I dislike either, but that's definitely not what the company needs. Cole winning is ok, but Kris or Ruby need a signature win on the women's side badly.

Jericho fireballing randos backstage is ridiculous sports entertainment. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the presentation of the fireball being a heinous breach of decorum to the old-school wrasslin guys like JR and Kingston, while the new age sports entertainers play it as over-the-top comedy is some excellent meta-storytelling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

LMAO at that plus all the little taunts and shit he does between moves.

He's in that Kevin Steen/Owens level of maximizing every second he gets in the ring. I prefer this so much more compared to two guys being mute whilst wrestling for 30min.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

The Hangman/Punk promo seemed like it was supposed to be a red herring. Both guys kinda teased a heel turn, but odds are the match ends clean one way or the other.

Hmm .. I think neither can win clean over the other. Hangman certainly can’t eat a clean pin. Punk probably can’t either - given he’s already gone through the indecisive “old man Punk” arc with MJF and come out the other side, reconciling his old/new selves. Originally thought Punk would go over here but now expecting to see Hangman win with a turn .. let’s see.

Damn, there was a moment there, where Spears realized everything he has done in the past how damn long, has come back to pay him back. I hope it was worth it, dickwad! MJF knows the same thing in the back of his mind, but it will really sink in come Sunday. I wonder if it plays out as an absolute annihilation or will MJF pull every possible Hail Mary out of his ass to muster up some credible offense?

FTR v Roppongi was getting hot before the interference, but seeing Jeff Cobb and some dude almost made it worth it! Is this Forbidden Door promotion?

Mox and Kingston kicking ass like old times, I don't really see how Jobber Appreciation Society will come out on top on Sunday, unless there's a new surprise member or something?

Britt beating Storm took out the intriguing possibilities of the Women's Owen finals, but as we have seen on other PPV's, either one of the possible matches should be good. I know now that I wanted Storm vs Statlander in the finals. I'm crying on the inside.

The three way was super. I kinda figured this was the outcome, but I could have seen Jungle Boy being the one getting pinned amidst the confusion. Well, by the way things are going, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus may find a way to retain and that is fine by me, until they are across the ring with PAC and Buddy Matthews. THEN it's ok for them to drop the straps.

Hardy's being middle-aged and extreme hit all the right notes with me! I identify with that SOOO much! I'm middle-aged, TOO!

I've noticed those marks on O'Reilly at other times, too! Cupping, you say? They do that over here, too! This reminds me not to try it, ever! The match was brutal and exciting, O'Reilly emoting before passing out was good, too. I have no idea what I figured the finals of Men's Owen would end up being, but I'm guessing Adam Cole vs Samoa Joe would not have been it. I'm sure the match will be good, though.

Page vs Punk build hasn't been too exciting, but the match should be something else. I'll be rooting for Adam Page until he's across the ring with Jungle Boy, PAC or Buddy Matthews! THEN it'll be ok for him to drop the strap. Of course, Punk winning and dropping it to MJF would of course be a beautiful redemption story of "in life, assholes always wind up on top", but I think we have other companies for that sort of thing?

• Like 4

The 'student of wrestling' finish is for Hangman to pin Punk with his feet in the ropes, as Joe tried to do to Punk in ROH's Joe-Punk III.

Punk is pissed, but Hangman is like 'ok boomer, yeah like you a choir boy' lol and he's right enough that they can do the rematch with noone having to go full heel.

Personally I think fully turning Hanger would be a tremendous mistake. I'm not really convinced turning Punk is the thing either.

Got really busy in the middle of the week. Let's see if I can remember my thoughts from Thursday morning. I'm worried about my memory. Recently, if I close a window/app on my tablet I immediately forget what I was gonna do next. If I open the fridge my mind tends to blank on why I did so.

But, I can still remember the date of my favourite tag match. (6/9/95, obviously).

Anyhoo: Cage match was just tremendous! Road War(dlow)riors pop. Busting the cuffs. Yeeting the security guy. Too much fun.

Punk vs Page is a tough match to pick! There's something to be said for using the belt to elevate guys. There's something to be said for having your biggest star be the champion. 

Bronx Combat Club is the best thing. 

FTR vs RPG for the ROH TTTs. THAT is how you do a fuck finish without disappointing Gordlow. Jeff Cobb is one of my absolute favourite guys to watch in all of pro wrestling. I was undecided on O'Khan but his "amateur" match with Yano and his real life heroics (and enjoyment of Las Vegas) have me firmly in his corner now. Khan on the Cobb vs FTR at Forbidden Door? Oh hell yeah! Yes, please!

Absolute Jurassic Swerve was indeed very fast-paced and exciting. If Limitless House go on to take the Tag belts after Swerve winning here, that would be a nice subversion of predictable WWE style booking.

I liked Rosa's hat.

Both Owen semi-final matches were stiff and hard-hitting. My kind of wrestling. Or,I suppose, one of the kinds of wrestling that I really love. Joe just beat the hell out of Kyle. That was great.

Edited by Gordlow
Changed Brooklyn to Bronx. Yonkers CC?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2