Jump to content

Reminiscing about board member of days gone by


Recommended Posts

So I've been on DVDVR off and on, mostly on, since the login-free green board days.  Sometimes I'll be posting here and I''ll think about someone who used to post here and wonder what ever happened to them.  This is my listicle of people I remember from the old days and maybe random notes for your enjoyment, feel free to add or elaborate!

  • Josh Zhixel (lost the the Kaiju/CKC drama and never heard from again)
  • Andrewbulous (same)
  • Jeremy, the guy with the pentagram avatar who sent me cracked MCSE braindumps and helped my career
  • Ripclawe
  • Eviliraqi
  • Throughsilver
  • *FH*
  • The guy who got married in a lucha mask.  Probably got divorced in the lucha mask, too.
  • Jerseykidd (laughs for other reasons)
  • Kurt Hopke
  • Mike NAIMARK~!
  • Gancarski who I think went off the deep end or something
  • Harpo Garza

I'm sure more will come to mind!

 

Edited by Technico Support
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopke is still here. My guess is Ganc is too.

I still check in on whatever Winnipagan is up to on Instagram, which is some fancy bartending. I used to do the same for Devin Intervention, but he doesn't seem to post online as much anymore. I'll always remember when Devin checked out of here though, and it was when Sprewell Rimz was announced as being the mod for the MMA folder. 

Naimark last got on here awhile ago. He's moved around a bit and is likely very wrapped up with family life and brain research.

I have no idea what Hollinger is up to these days, but I wish he were on here when the Cubs won the World Series. I'll never forget getting a message from him on AOL IM that started with "Dude. Eddie. WTF." And that was how I learned Eddie Guerrero died.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I feel bad for forgetting his name at the moment, but his dad died in the 9/11 attacks. He's been gone from here for awhile now, but I always hope he's doing ok around that time of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And I feel bad for forgetting his name at the moment, but his dad died in the 9/11 attacks. He's been gone from here for awhile now, but I always hope he's doing ok around that time of the year.

Sven Mascarenas!  (sp?)

The shit my 47 year old brain suddenly remembers when I can't remember yesterday's lunch. 

I assumed Hopke was Lawful Metal but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trying to remember everyone who left the board in the exodus to Kaiju and then CKC.  Bunch of fucking cynical edgelords we were.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Hopke is still here. My guess is Ganc is too.

I still check in on whatever Winnipagan is up to on Instagram, which is some fancy bartending. I used to do the same for Devin Intervention, but he doesn't seem to post online as much anymore. I'll always remember when Devin checked out of here though, and it was when Sprewell Rimz was announced as being the mod for the MMA folder. 

Naimark last got on here awhile ago. He's moved around a bit and is likely very wrapped up with family life and brain research.

I have no idea what Hollinger is up to these days, but I wish he were on here when the Cubs won the World Series. I'll never forget getting a message from him on AOL IM that started with "Dude. Eddie. WTF." And that was how I learned Eddie Guerrero died.

Hollinger and Naimark are both on twitter and both seem to be doing fine.

I will always remember Rabid Wolverine/Whatever he changed his name to after the murders and his "I have to run into a meeting but I'll respond after" dodge whenever he was on the losing end of whatever argument he started.  Also him saying he could tell Jerry Lawler was a sexual deviant just by looking at his eyes.  Why do you know so much about pervert eyes, dude?

e: Also Ripclawe was the first out-and-out fascist I ever met.  Used to post all kinds of nRx shit about how we need a king before it was trendy.  He must be happier than a pig in shit these days.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, speaking of Kaiju I remember Bix of all people was on there talking shit.  He seemed like a pretty smart guy before then but that was when I realized there's better places to find one's opinion on things.  I also remember they were a bunch of keyboard warriors there with some wanting to run me over which was fun.  At some point you just stop caring about their shit and move on.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

What was the Kaiju thing?  I must have missed that.

Consider yourself lucky.  I forgot who was in charge but it was a bunch of asshats from the board who splintered off and used that talk shit about board members.  I want to say it was around '07 or so.  I'd check for an archive of it but I forgot the web address and it's likely for the best for my sake.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Consider yourself lucky.  I forgot who was in charge but it was a bunch of asshats from the board who splintered off and used that talk shit about board members.  I want to say it was around '07 or so.  I'd check for an archive of it but I forgot the web address and it's likely for the best for my sake.

And then Zhixel and Andrew had a big disagreement, causing Josh to destroy the board over a Thanksgiving weekend and then Andrew brought it back as CKC.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't even know what CKC was but one of those things is bad enough.  At least on Discord some may mention things going on with the board but it's mostly civil.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Technico Support said:
  • Jeremy, the guy with the pentagram avatar who sent me cracked MCSE braindumps and helped my career

 

 

Shit, that was his name! I remember he sent me some .iso files for Comptia tutorial DVDs that I first used to start preparing for those exams back around 2006.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Consider yourself lucky.  I forgot who was in charge but it was a bunch of asshats from the board who splintered off and used that talk shit about board members.  I want to say it was around '07 or so.  I'd check for an archive of it but I forgot the web address and it's likely for the best for my sake.

TBF, this describes like, 90% of people who've come through here at some time or another.  I should know. *cough*

HarpoGarza is on Twitter quite a lot as well, using that name.

I actually looked at some of the Archived versions of the Old Green Board and found myself in ridiculous arguments with a guy going by "Takayama's JOCKSTRAP".  I'm assuming that was a Ganc sock puppet; it's not like I actually remember who I thought it was then, because nothing I thought then was worth thinking twice to begin with.

20 fucking years (off and on, anyway), some of us have been here.  Yeeeeesh.  Why did I buy wrestling tapes when I was thinking of buying Amazon stock after college instead?  Fucking stupid.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people didn't stick around when we had the issue with server hosts, etc... and completely rebooted the site in July 2013.

Of the original list mentioned - throughsilver posted a little during the early days of the pandemic but hasnt been around in almost a year (with the caveat of how accurate the "Last Day Visited" number is)

Ganc is/was covering politics in Jacksonville, FL. He is still active on Twitter but again it is all political

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of banned members, I think of Fat Spanish Waiter and Victator. Thibs was one of the few posters on my ignore list. Who was that misogynist asshole? Hollywood Cybernetico? Remember @Brian Fowler putting him well and truly in his place.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was also the guy (may have been Cibernetico, I don't remember) who was way, way too into Ice Ribbon and got really furious whenever people criticized it.

On a more positive note I remember Khanouchi writing detailed NBA season previews for all 30 teams for the, like, 10 of us who regularly posted in the basketball thread.  Or Mookieghana's spreadsheets of wrestlers' win-loss stats for the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Of banned members, I think of Fat Spanish Waiter and Victator. Thibs was one of the few posters on my ignore list. Who was that misogynist asshole? Hollywood Cybernetico? Remember @Brian Fowler putting him well and truly in his place.

I think that's the only time I've lost my temper on this board in the last like fifteen years.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do wonder what happened to Bryan Nimmo.  Vanished from here, Facebook, and a film review blog him and I both frequented a few years back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Zimbra said:

There was also the guy (may have been Cibernetico, I don't remember) who was way, way too into Ice Ribbon and got really furious whenever people criticized it.

On a more positive note I remember Khanouchi writing detailed NBA season previews for all 30 teams for the, like, 10 of us who regularly posted in the basketball thread.  Or Mookieghana's spreadsheets of wrestlers' win-loss stats for the year.

I miss Mookie, but it's awesome seeing where he's wound up.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe I'm just in a bad headspace but all that's coming to mind are the dudes I'm glad are gone lol

shout out to satanpro and rickvirginianwa or whatever his name was, the traveling road show that destroyed the politics sub. every time someone complains about the politics ban I just imagine the next post is that penny arcade avatar and want to skip to the next page inherently, like a reflex or a stress response

also shout out to that guy who quit posting here because he didn't like Nakamura's Boma Ye (that was the entirety of the reason), and to the dude who got cashed like ten minutes after trump won for taking his victory lap in the monthly photos thread

also someone else mentioned the "I HAVE A WORKOUT BIRTHDAY MEETING BUT TATU IS THE BEST FUCK JERRY LAWLER" guy and the few days that SLL followed him around like the arrows from Throne of Blood is the thing I most regret not taking screenshots and logs of from the old board.

tragically he was kind of right about jerry lawler, but that was still funny. dude started putting roleplay wrestling entrances with music in his replies. legendary L

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I mostly post in the puro folder, especially back in the day, I miss Alan4L and Ditch. Alan4L is still very active with wrestling and he is as enthusiastic as ever. Last I heard from Ditch he was getting active in politics. They were such big drivers of keeping the puro section active, that area got noticeably quieter once they left the board.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ditch works for the god damned Heritage Foundation as a policy analyst. I'll leave it at that. If you know what that is, you already know what you probably think about it one way or another. End of topic.

Edited by Ryan
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...