DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics.

14 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

That's impressive, 7 big matches (including a 6 man and regular tag match) with only 9 wrestlers on the card.

I'm not sure the world was ready for three Joey Maggs matches on one show (assuming he was part of the Memphis Mafia tag).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I'm not sure the world was ready for three Joey Maggs matches on one show (assuming he was part of the Memphis Mafia tag).

If it was Joey Maggs in the 6 man, there's only 8 wrestlers on the card, I assumed it was Eddie, Doug and DWB as the Memphis Mafia.

Was Memphis running a split crew in 1991? Lawler is conspicuous by his absence on this card but maybe he wasn't working all the small towns at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

If it was Joey Maggs in the 6 man, there's only 8 wrestlers on the card, I assumed it was Eddie, Doug and DWB as the Memphis Mafia.

Was Memphis running a split crew in 1991? Lawler is conspicuous by his absence on this card but maybe he wasn't working all the small towns at this point.

Also leads more credence to Maggs being in that trios match if Eddie is tied to Lawler on the theoretical other show.

34 minutes ago, WholeFnMachine said:

They can say what they like, and I bet I love them all, but they’re not DM. 

So, like, you just can't get enough? Are they, like, your own personal Jesus or something? Hey. People are people. Like what you like, or enjoy the silence if you prefer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

So, like, you just can't get enough? Are they, like, your own personal Jesus or something? Hey. People are people. Like what you like, or enjoy the silence if you prefer. 

Just as long as you're not staring down the barrel of a gun 'Cause it's no good.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, christopher.annino said:

Platinum Max with a lil ditty...

I'm really looking forward to the inevitable Acclaimed face turn, both dudes rock my world. 

Does the face turn involve Max Caster giving in to his Tegan & Sara fanboy nature? Dude is always wearing their shirts. Do the Acclaimed turn into and indie-folk-pop duo? New finisher called the Vibe Shift? Will this just make them MORE HEEL? Which one is Tegan? Which one is Sara???

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

extra card information

1) this show was held on January 10th, 1991 in Jasper, Indiana, the advertisement was printed 3 days before the card

2) the results aren't on Cagematch

3) Eddie Gilbert vacated the Southern title shortly before this card (the January 14th MSC card was a tournament for the vacated Southern Heavyweight title). He noshowed a card at MSC in January and left... until February.

4) the January 7th MSC main event was Fabulous Ones vs Doug Gilbert and Tony Anthony, with an extra match of Fabs/Cornette/Lawler vs Doug/DWB/Sam Lowe/Joseph Magliano

5) the January 14th MSC card had all of 16 wrestlers (Terrance Garvin, Chris Champion, King Cobra, Don Bass, Tony Anthony, Jerry Lynn, Jeff Jarrett, Doug Gilbert, Danny Davis, Joseph Magliano, Brian Lee, and Cody Michaels in the tournament, and a main event of Fabs vs Lawler/Dundee)

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Everybody, you’re working at least twice tonight. For the same $25.

Jerry Jarrett: “Boys, I’m working with New York and might be able to get you a spot up there. They’re testing for a shoot, be sure you’re not on them steroids if they decide to have a look at you.”

Dutch Mantell: “Jerry, the way you pay us, we’re not even on food.”

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

They can say what they like, and I bet I love them all, but they’re not DM. 

If you ever find yourself in Estonia, I can recommend the Depeche Mode Bar in Tallin where I spent a night back in 2003 drinking vodka Red bulls listening to non stop Depeche Mode and wondering why what seemed to be the entire Baltic leather scene were all out for a boogie on a Tuesday night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1