DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

It's Brian Cage!  It's Schaff!  Schaff is OVER in Seattle!  Brian Cage tells a little story!  Cage is awesome giving Schaff a bunch of stuff.  Schaff hits a NICE Lariat!  Schaff kicks out of a Death Valley Driver!  This match is great!  ANOTHER NEARFALL!  GREAT NEARFALL ON A SCHAFF TIGER DRIVER!  This is fucking great!  K-DRILLER and Brian Cage continues his magnificent ROLL of good matches.  Ethan Page!  THE BOLLYWOOD BOYZ!  MATT TAVEN AND MIKE BENNETT!  Well, this should be fun.  Maria is stunning.  GREEK GENETICS!  The Bollywood Boyz are OVER in Seattle!  Bennett and Taven are making them look great.  The Kingdom are fun JAW JACKIN with the rubes!  Mike Bennett is fucking awesome.  He is a HEAT MACHINE!  The Bollywood Boyz are the Rock n Roll Express of Seattle.  THIS match is fucking great.  GREAT HOT TAG!  Taven and Bennett are fucking awesome as an old school heel tag team.  Taven is a HEAT MACHINE!  The Kingdom hit a wacky double team BackPack Thingy for the win!  That was great!  Claudio is INTENSE on the STICK!  PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  Though he is less pretty without the flowing, beautiful hair.  He is sporting a beautiful Member's Only jacket.  Ryan Nemeth and Ari Daivari join PPA in taking a total ass beating, I'm assuming.  House of Black are going to destroy them.  Brodie King will bring his hellish fury.  PPA gets in a Dropkick!  Malakai Black is awesome in the ring.  DAIVARI CHEATS!  Buddy Matthews becomes our Gothenburg Metalhead in Peril!  Brodie King makes the hot tag and slaughters everybody.  PPA and crew actually get some stuff in.  Brodie King CRUSHES Ari Daivari and it is awesome!  Powerhouse Hobb!  He beats on a dude!  Daddy Magic is so awesome.  GOOD LUCK, VINNY!  Jesus!  What a crushing impact into the corner!  Unprotected VErtical Suplex!  GNARLY Spinebuster and that's that.  It's Amira!  She's British!  She is awesome.  I'm assuming she won't get much in.  And she didn't.  Marina Shafir and Nyla's finisher is NASTY.  Claudio Castagnoli and Josh Woods should be 300% Steiner.  Okay, this is fucking great.  Josh Woods works over the knee!  Claudio makes a fiery babyface comeback!  Woods goes back to the knee and goes Steiner with the German Suplex While Grabbing the Knee!  Claudio makes with the Giant Swing!  But his knee gives out!  Toprope STEINERING! Josh Woods is awesome.  GREAT FINISH as Claudio CRUSHES him with European Uppercut!  That was as good as I thought it would be.  Josh Woods and Claudio are awesome.  Ethan Page dances very Canadianly!  Sonico is OVER in Seattle!  Page garners all the heat in Seattle.  Isiah SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!  Page gets the pin with the TWIST OF PAGE!  Dancing Ethan Page is the best Ethan Page!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Viva Van!  Viva Van is really good.  SHE LAYS IT IN!  Athena responds by totally fucking KILLING HER.  Makes her submit!  THEN!  Beats on her more!  Marina Shafir comes out and challenges ATHENA for the BELT!  THAT'LL be good!  It's Midnight Heat!  Awesome!  It's Eddie Kingston!  Ortiz!  Why has Midnight Heat disappeared from CWFH and YET Eddie Kingston is challenging Danny Limelight for the UWN title soon?  Midnight Heat hits a wacky double team dubbed the Russian Back Cracker by Angelico!  GREAT Exploider by Eddie.  That was fun.  Ortiz makes with the Rick Rude groinal undulations!  AWESOME! EL BANDIDO!  It's Christopher Daniels!  Daniels working straight Lucha Libre is neat.  Daniels starts wrestling heel.  I love how they built up to Bandido hitting a wad of lowgrade but great looking offense.  LOVE MACHINE SPLASH FOR TWO!  ANGEL'S WINGS FOR TWO!  Knee to the face for the win!  That was a great low impact Bandido match.  Luther!  SERP!  Up against TRENT BARRETTA!  and CHUCK TAYLOR!  Danhausen wearing the Homer Simpson Gets To 300 Pounds Muumuu!    Luther and SERP fuck around with Danhausen!  And they pin SERP!  That was a lotta quality wrestling.  Josh Woods/Claudio and Taven/Bennett vs the Bollywood Boyz were the best matches.  PPA! PPA! PPA!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Brian Cage Vs Schaff was awesome live. I made a point to rewatch it once Dark Elevation was available. It was the second match taped but the first match aired. Bollywood Boys Vs The Kingdom was the first match. But back to the match. Schaff was over in Seattle I’ve never seen him wrestler he’ll I thought his name was Shang but I really liked this match. Cage made Schaff look like a million bucks and Schaff looked like a star. I think Schaff is probably gonna get some Indy bookings after this match. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This was the first ever Dark Elves to feature not only ONE (Vinny Pacifico) but TWO (Ricky Gibson) wrestlers who follow me on twitter.

• Like 5

Great episode… I don’t know who Schaff is. He seems pretty popular. But he did not look skilled in the ring whatsoever. Either nursing an injury, or just completely uncoordinated. The crowd reactions were very impressive still. I just can’t see them signing him on his extremely mediocre ring technique. There are quite a few similar indie guys that can do his brand of wrestling a lot better, and they have Darby Allin. If they need Darby’s opposite, they have Brody King, and I believe dark haired Evil Darby. Happy they gave him time to prove himself.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Splitting this one in two (long episode). 

Finished up with last week's Dynamite. Starks/Jericho was just fine but Acclaimed/Memphis was glorious for all the ga-ga. Jarrett running his crotch into Aubrey's face was the cherry on top of all of his bullshit in this match. I also liked how even the high flying was basic and old school: slingshot plancha to the outside, simple crossbody from the top. 

Cage/Schaff definitely fills your Meat-Slapping quota for the week. I think everybody -- wrestlers, ref, announcers, probably the crowd itself -- was surprised at the crowd reaction. (Parker's Italo-Montreal accent tickles me to no end, btw.)

Skipped Bollywoods/Kingdom as my only interest in that match was Maria's hind end. (Settle down etc.)

Hey, Pretty Peter looks like an adult now! Amazing. Speaking of ga-ga Trustbusters are great at it, but they can't ward off the triple homicide of the finish. 

Hobbs squash was great. It's probably what Cage/Schaff would have been if Schaff wasn't a Defy guy. I want Hobbs vs. Brodie. The tag squash was even more fun because Shafir is a nut. Taking off her shoes and socks to wrestle? Then she just mauls the jobbers. I guess she had a stinker recently and everyone was down on her but she looked positively evil here. 

Since JR isn't here it behooves me to mention Josh Woods' shooter boots. Him and Claudio work a game match with actual limbwork! And then Woods falls like a tree (heh) to the uppercut. It wasn't as vicious as the last one Claudio won a match with but close enough. 

• Like 3

That Woods/Claudio match was a masterclass in how to put someone over while still beating them. Even in the finish, Woods didn't look outclassed, he just made one tiny mistake that gave Claudio an opening. I'd love to see more showcases for Woods like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Skipped Bollywoods/Kingdom as my only interest in that match was Maria's hind end. (Settle down etc.)

That match is great.  (As is Maria's hind end!  HEY OHHHH!)  It was a great approximation of a mid-grade Rock N Roll Express- Midnight Express match with the Bollywood Boyz being as over as the RnR Xpress in Hampton, VA in 1986.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Great episode… I don’t know who Schaff is. He seems pretty popular. But he did not look skilled in the ring whatsoever. Either nursing an injury, or just completely uncoordinated. The crowd reactions were very impressive still. I just can’t see them signing him on his extremely mediocre ring technique. There are quite a few similar indie guys that can do his brand of wrestling a lot better, and they have Darby Allin. If they need Darby’s opposite, they have Brody King, and I believe dark haired Evil Darby. Happy they gave him time to prove himself.

I don't know, he looked good.  I think they would sign Jake Something since he is a better version of Schaff, though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I don't know, he looked good.  I think they would sign Jake Something since he is a better version of Schaff, though.

It’s just he was taking some bad bumps on his ass like if he was early 2000’s Vampiro, and his offense wasn’t any special. Like I said, happy he got a chance, but needs a lot more seasoning. He should get a short contract, and see if he can really impress outside this hometown reaction. I’d like a match with Will Hobbs, or Wardlow. Maybe he needs to work  with other big guys that can slow him down a little more.

• Like 1

Parte DOS~!

"I think that's detrimental to tag team continuity." - Big Paul. I don't know what the deal is with the Hardy faction and I don't mind Page goober-ing it up double time since he is real good at that, but I still want to see him make a big face turn like Ricky Starks sometime. 

Athena's matches are now basically a repeat of Meiko Satomura legit dropkicking the trainee in the face in GAIA Girls after yelling "You're taking the piss!" Love it. Marina and her are gonna harvest some potatoes. 

I accidentally called Menard "Parker" earlier, my apologies to Daddy Magic. Eddie dropping down into a headlock instead of jumping his opponent was funny. He wins with a simple DDT, too. More of that in these squashes please. How long until Santana is back? Why is Eddie all pissed off? Magic 8-Ball says "Reply hazy, try again". 

Heh, Chris Daniels steals Eddie's headlock dropdown with Bandido. I bet he got an earful from that backstage. The Fallen Angel works a smart, not particularly high impact match with Bandido showing off some surprising strength spots including a chokeslam and a gorilla press. We didn't get any closeups of Daniels' gnarly red eye, sadly. 

Not sure if Danhausen wearing a muu-muu or Luther dressed like Kane after the Inferno Match is stranger. 

Hey, this was quite good! I really should pay more attention to Dark and Elevation. 

• Like 4

It's ROCK HARD JUICE ROBINSON!  I think I've seen Travis Williams.  Maybe not.  Juice is making him look like a million bucks early.  Juice is fun on offense.  Williams is a good fiery young lion!  So Portland is as good of a crowd as Seattle?  GREAT DDT by Robinson.  AWESOME! EMI! EMI! EMI! And Diamante!  Against Ruby Soho and Willow Nightingale!  This should be good.  This starts with a crazy double bump to the floor by RubyWillow!  NICE kick to Ruby's face by Diamante!  FUCKING DEATH VALLEY DRIVER ON THE FLOOR ON EMI BY WILLOW!  Okay, this match is great!  GREAT SUWA DROPKICK BY DIAMANTE!  THIS MATCH IS GREAT!  POUNCE!  BY WILLOW!  Aww, then it's over.  I wanted that to go for forty-five minutes.  It's Steve Migs.  Where do I remember him from?  Secret Wrestling Machine, JAKE HAGAR!  Migs touches Jake's hat!  Hagar is awesome!  MIGS PUTS ON THE HAT!  And gets slaughtered by Hagar!  GRREAT fucking Lariat.  It's Canadian dudes, the Voros Twins!  I could see them getting signed to ROH.  HERE, I can see them getting murdered by Big Bill.  AND THEY DO!  JESUS!  Moriarty applies the CRAVATE~!  Big Bill tags back in Chokeslams one Voros onto another Voros!  That was one of the better squashes on Dark lately.  JUICE ROBINSON SHOULD JOIN DARK ORDER!  It sounds like he isn't.  I've seen Kel before, on something.  Hey!  It's Roddy Piper's daughter!   Tay Melo FLIPS EVERYONE THE BIRD!  They are working to Teal Piper and Tay Melo beating each other to death.  Tay Jay are fucking awesome as heel JERKS!  Teal Piper tags in and she is a HOOT!  Tay finally cuts her off and Kel tags in to ACCEPT the Queen Slayer!  That was fun.  ETHAN PAGE IS DANCING!  So great!  It's against three Portland dudes!  Who are WAAAY over in portland!  Isaiah Cassidy is Spectacular!  BAD AUDIO DYNAMITE!  This match got good.  Ethan Page is so fucking great.  TWIST OF PAGE! FOR THE WIN!  So great.  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  YESSSS!  Marina Shafir!  Well, this should be good.  Or STIFF at least.  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  They take it to BattlARTS! And stays there!  They go from the mat to Athena and Shafir beating the fuck out of each other.  Oh man, this match is fucking GREAT.  FISHHOOK!  Crossarmbreaker into a Powerbomb!  WELL.  I see what we need a Best of Seven series between.  Oh man, this is so fucking good.  This is the style they should push in ROH- more Shootstyle and STIFF!  JESUS CHRIST!  GAAAAHHH! THIS MATCH IS TOO AWESOME!  TOO FUCKING GREAT!  EVERYTHING I WANT IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!  ATHENA RULES THE ENTIRE MOTHERFUKCING WORLD!  So fucking good.  AEW channeling BattlARTS.  Jesus, that was great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This has to be one of the best weeks of AEW YouTube wrestling ever. Which is really saying something! The DVD and POUNCE in the floor in the Emi & Diamante vs Ruby & Willow match were GREAT spots. (also, Ruby vs Diamante seems like a natural match-up. As does Ruby vs Jade. Who is the true precious stone of AEW?) Will AEW be able to re-ignite the Bullet Club trend and sell a billion t-shirts?  Mark me down as a doubter here. HAT BASED PSYCHOLOGY is the best kind of pro wrestling psychology. Athena vs Marina was straight up great professional wrestling. Can they keep up this momentum with the STACKED Dynamite card tomorrow? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Tall girl Kel has worked Stardom using the name Rebel Kel. But she can't be Rebel Kel in AEW because they already have Rebel.

• Like 2