DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

44 minutes ago, AxB said:

Tall girl Kel has worked Stardom using the name Rebel Kel. But she can't be Rebel Kel in AEW because they already have Rebel.

She should have come out as Reba Kel!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gordlow said:

This has to be one of the best weeks of AEW YouTube wrestling ever. Which is really saying something!

Lots of irons in the fire so I haven't been able to finish the main event of tonight's Dark yet, but some great webshows with an awesome crowd and fun announcing. Even the enhancement matches have been pretty good and Page/Hardy/Kassidy has been some great stuff. Zay saying "I hate you" when Page put the mic near him legit cracked me up.

• Like 4

Athena/Marina rules, got a great amount of time for Dark.  Loved Teal getting full entrance with Piper theme music, even though she barely got to do anything in the match, was still cool to see. Laughed at Taz calling out Ethan Page stealing his 'sing along to themes' bit. Definitely a good week of Dark/Elevation

• Like 4

Probably come back to the rest later but had to watch Athena/Shafir. Athena's acting is as broad and goofy as Omega's but here she was more channeling Zbyszko (I have to always search that name. Should just always write "the Living Legend" I guess) than anybody. It wasn't quite the potato-fest I imagined, more of a hold struggle match when Athena wasn't stalling. Shafir still feels a little green but it's more like Tony Halme/Gary Albright green, like a legit athlete who is just untrained enough to feel dangerous in the ring. 

Boy that's a lot of wrestler references. I guess I can add in Backlund with the keylock lift, but he never did a powerbomb out of it. Anyways, good match. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Probably come back to the rest later but had to watch Athena/Shafir. Athena's acting is as broad and goofy as Omega's but here she was more channeling Zbyszko (I have to always search that name. Should just always write "the Living Legend" I guess) than anybody. It wasn't quite the potato-fest I imagined, more of a hold struggle match when Athena wasn't stalling. Shafir still feels a little green but it's more like Tony Halme/Gary Albright green, like a legit athlete who is just untrained enough to feel dangerous in the ring. 

Boy that's a lot of wrestler references. I guess I can add in Backlund with the keylock lift, but he never did a powerbomb out of it. Anyways, good match. 

I always love a keylift, Backlund (and Porksweats) approved.

Shafir is leaps and bounds ahead of where she was when she was first on TV.

• Like 2

Just catching up here, but Elevation easily wins the 'Monday Night Wars' this week. I knew I should have started with AEW. Cage/Schaff, Bandido/Daniels and Woods/Claudio were all tremendous. Kingdom/Bollywoods was excellent. Mah-ree-ah! Mah-ree-ah! House of Black squash was fun. Ugh, what happened to the Puh-Puh-Puh-Powerhouse opening of Hobbs' theme? Is carrying the Book of Hobbs around while mean-mugging supposed to be hilarious? I really like Will, but he's still figuring out how to put all the pieces together. Okay, so after weeks of weak forgettable vignettes (tho i like the try) the Hardy Party has seemingly figured it out. This is the Ethan Page I wanna see, and the one worthy of a push! Technically proficient in ring whilst being a loud obnoxious asshole from 'the Hammer'. The dance and mocking of that dumb but awesome Hardy Boys theme was a great bit of television. Er streaming. Another incredibly fun squash from Athena. Loved that. A bit awkward as per usual with Marina, but looking forward to the bout (thanks for the highlight package above @DEAN). I skipped the Marina/Nyla and most of the Kingston/Ortiz tags. Is Kingston still working out a punishment for the Guevara shit? Why is he relegated to streaming and saddled with Ortiz? Oh yeah, he's got something going with Black. Let's sacrifice Ortiz to the House! Oh fun little Best Friends tag to close it out. Fun show! Daddy Magic is a fucking incredible color man, and the highlight of any show he speaks upon. He even miraculously makes Big Paul seem fine.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Daddy Magic is a fucking incredible color man, and the highlight of any show he speaks upon. He even miraculously makes Big Paul seem fine.

I think Wight is a corny dude (no shade). He works better as a commentator as the play-by-play straight man. You expect those guys to be a little corny, so it's fine.

6 minutes ago, Log said:

I think Wight is a corny dude (no shade). He works better as a commentator as the play-by-play straight man. You expect those guys to be a little corny, so it's fine.

I prefered him here doing pbp than his awful color commentary. I would prefer less 'corny' on commentary. I look forward to Menard on these Monday shows, I completely dread the unfocused unfunny Taz-Exaclibur Tuesday team. 

There's been some amazing bits of commentary in the margins on the main shows lately. Jericho got furious at Bryce for not counting fast enough to get to 8 on Rampage during one of the matches. "Are they going to say my name?".......... "What?"..... "Just wait for it... BRYCE COUNTED TOO SLOW!"

and they did a callback to the Hucklebuck line too.

Obviously that's general AEW but since we're talking about this.

Here, I loved how much Excalibur and Taz hated Ethan Page's act.

• Like 1

Travis Williams is the douchiest douche in NEW!  I knew there was a reason I couldn't place him- he was wrestling like a fiery young lion.  He usually assumes the role of young upstart jerk!  Like this match in NEW against Josh motherfucking Alexander.

• Like 1