DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

There's a world where I start writing up all Slim J matches. That's a world where Punk officially doesn't come back or Dustin retires. We are not there yet. That's a good thing as the 12 man had a lot of moving parts. Yes, I get that contract situations in AEW are pretty old and stale and overdone. but Page and Private Party are performing the hell out of this angle and it's almost always entertaining. Anyone who isn't enjoying it probably isn't watching it. Page rushing past Hardy Party to try to get the pop was amazing. I love how delusionally earnest he was for a lot of the match, patting Dante Martin on the shoulder at the start, working the apron, his hands going everywhere. I would have liked him a bit more vocal on the mic. He only came in (past telling Takeshita not to dive) when it was a specific story beat which made it all seem more contrived and less organic. If he was cheering on Top Flight doing their thing or Takeshita hitting the Blue Thunder Bomb it would have been better. I liked how well the heels worked together even if it was a bit awkward between the two units. The Trustbusters are obviously working out a lot of stuff and only Avalon seemed to interface well with them along those lines. Bononi was outside the whole match, which on paper was to build to the big moment where he and Takeshita faced off but they should have both teased it better and then paid it off more by framing it visually more; the timing just seemed a bit off. That's not to say it wasn't great fun, because it was and AEW should do this sort of thing more often.

I still need to hit the main but everything else was fun. Shafir looked like an absolute pissed off killer in there. Moreover, for the first it felt like she really knew it (I want both Statlander and Hirsch back to wrestle her). Bunny was just so supportive for Emi and her stuff and Emi figured out how to be in the right place at the right time for all of Bunny's. I had no idea who Ember Moon was supposed to be but I 100% know who Athena is and she's the best thing in AEW right now. For some reason I had it in my head that Ortiz/Kingston were wrestling the Workhorsemen so I was kind of disappointed but I liked some of the new tricks they had. That one I do have to write up so I'll give it another look later. Ortiz's sliding backbreaker to set up the finish was cool. Eddie doing small bits to interact with the crowd with just his eyes is probably what I'll write about. Shinno was more fun against Angelico. And hey I still have Claudio/Yuta vs Workhorsemen to go. This was one of those Elevations that had everything I wanted so far.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

We start off HOT!  Kenny Omega!  Hagane Shinno!  Well, THIS match is awesome.  Sky High FOR TWO!  Omega is Ted DiBiase!  Shinno is Terry Taylor!  Omega with the POWER DRIVER!  Hagane's comeback is fucking awesome!  SUPERPLEX BY KENNY! FOR TWO!  HAGANE WITH THE TEQUILA SHOT! FOR TWO!   V-TRIGGER!  ONE WING ANGEL!  That was fucking great.  Best match in the history of Dark?  I'd have to think about it.  Kenny Omega is fucking great.  It's Action Andretti!  It's Invictus Khash!  He's a member of the Embassy!  In CWFH!  Khash beats on Action!  So no squashes so far.  Tope no TOPES! by Action!  Running Shooting Star Press!  Action Andretti has a winning streak of TWO!  That was good.  Angelico Risk is spunky!  For a minute!  Marina Shafir is fun following the Athena path.  It is fashion dude, Parker Boudreaux!  He towers over his wife, if you follow him on Twitter.  He kills the mason dude!  Angelico, Luther and SERP are the DARK SUPERTEAM!  TAZ dubs Chaos Project SLUTHER.  Jerod Diaz gets the best of SERP early!  Angelico does a cameo Navarro Death Roll!  GREATEST PROMO EVER!  Hey!  It's Sahara Seven!  She's either from Norfolk or Richmond!  It's Julia Hart!  SHE HAS A NEW HAT! She is wearing Mall Goth Makeup!  HARTLESS!  The first legit squash of the night!  THE WING MEN!  SPEAK!  Jeff Jarrett on DARK!  He has to be thrilled to go back to his studio wrestling roots.  Jarrett is WAAAAAY fun in the Dark setting.  That was great.  PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  Ryan Nemeth, purveyor of Strange Style.  TAZ scats!  It's Sage Scott and Something St Patrick!  St Patrick is our face in peril.  HE MAKES THE HOT TAG!  Sage Scott goes COMPLETE STEINER suplexing the Wing Men all about the ring. Nemeth gets the win with a Neckbreaker!  It's Kaleb Conley!  He was on IMPACT! earlier! Caleb Konley- SWITCH THE LETTERS!  HE is getting wads of offense in!  Awesome Fisherman Suplex with a Bridge by Konley!  Kip Sabian is Springboard Crazy!  Dream Girl Ellie!  Red Velvet is being PROBLEMATIC for Jade Cargill!  Dream Girl Ellie is from OVW, if I remember correctly.  Jade has hair like Storm of the X-MEN!  It's Cezar Bononi!  He's from Brazil!  It's Ricky Starks!  He is OVER in Orlando!  The match is over!  

• Like 1

Still playing catch up but I do sort of feel like, in Julia's absence, Athena walked into the space she was taking. I know the characters are different, but the big thing Julia had going for her over the summer was the cruelty and intensity with which she was demolishing people and Athena's kind of lapping her on that. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Has Page called himself a tag legend to Hardy's face on TV yet? That's an insult that's ready to be seen by as many people as possible. 

He has! He said that he won tag belts everywhere he went and that Kassidy could learn so much from him.

• Thanks 2

Elevation looks WAAAAAAY fun.

Spoiler
Tag Team Match
Marina Shafir & Nyla Rose vs. Karizma & Leva Bates
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Tag Team Match

• Like 3

It's Karizma and Leva Bates!  It's Marina Shafir and NYLA!  Karizma and Bates gets in a couple of things.  HEY! It's Promise Braxton! She's the latest big thing out of Booker T's ROW.  Daddy Magic shows up!  Braxton doesn't get anything in.  Vickie Guerrero turns on NYLA!  The Bunny!  Madison Rayne! Penelope CHEATS!  The Bunny IS Mr Wrestling II!  The Bunny has the best Tarantula in wrestling.  The Bunny is OVER in San Antonio!  POSTMATCH!  SKYE BLUE SAVES RAYNE!  HEAT IT UP!  Ethan Page!  BOXING DAY!  MAtt HArdy is BREAKING!  AWESOME!  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  Up against FRANKIE KAZARIAN!  This should be good.  Takeshita is OVER in Texas!  KAZ procuring the Headlock!  Great Vertical Suplex by Soup to escape!  TAKESHITA LINE!  FLOAT OVER DDT!  Great Lariat by KAZ!  KAZ with the Russian Legsweep!  GREAT FUCKING BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  KAZ with w SWANK Swinging Neckbreaker!  FUCKING BEAUTIFUL EVEREST SUPLEX FOR THE WIN!  That was fucking AWESOME.  WILLOW AND RUBY!  VERTVIXEN!  MADI WRENKOWSKI!  Ruby bumps big to the floor!  She assumes our face in peril!  Willow makes the HOT TAG and CRUSHES Madi/Vert with a Lariat.  WILLOW VERSUS ATHENA ALREADY!  It's Keira Hogan!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Hogan attacks with her buttocks!  SUWA DROPKICK on the floor!  ATHENA rips on Hogan's face!  ATHENA mangles Hogan's skull!  ATHENA takes a DDT like RVD!  ATHENA is making Hogan look like a killer.  TOPROPE POWERBOMB by ATHENA!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  ATHENA RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!  AWESOME!  Oh man, DRALISTICO vs BLAKE CHRISTIAN!  I heard this was good.  Man, Dralistico is wrestling like he is the brother of RUSH.  Blake Christian is Ginger Jesus!  450 SPRINGBOARD by BLAKE!  MEXICAN DESTROYER! And that's the end!  That was good. That was a great episode.  I'm going to watch this again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's the Holiday season! That means I have time to write up a YouTube show! And... It's one of those sneaky GREAT Elevations today. Huzzah! 

last time, Shafir tied people in knots to wear them down so Nyla could crush them. This time, Nyla crushes people and leaves them lying so Shafir can tie them in knots. Neato!

Julia's got her big black hat on! Yay! And we get two nifty submission finishes in a row! 

will Bunny make it three? (Of course not). Setting up Bunny & Penelope vs Madison & Skye. 

what do you figure Madison is coaching? I honestly can't see what aspect of wrestling she's clearly above-average at. With Deeb, for example, it's pretty clear why you'd wanna learn from her. Rayne? Not so much. 

Kaz is VERY tan. Huge pop for Takesoup! i like Big Paul comparing Kaz's punches to Ronnie Garvin's! Rather than reigning Lard Lad in, Frankie sped himself up. Neato!

another huge pop, for Willow! Love this crowd! Her positivity is rubbing off on Ruby, and the crowd pops again for the fist bump. First-rate character work there.

Kiera IMMEDIATELY taking it to Athena is great psychology. She's been scouting! Athena busting out a secondary finisher is cool, too.

super fast paced main event, but it is a curious choice to end it with a simple common transition move like a Canadian Destroyer.

It would not surprise me in the least if all four of the last matches, Takeshita through Dralistico, made DEAN's poll this week. It's a tough choice! They were all really entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

another huge pop, for Willow! Love this crowd! Her positivity is rubbing off on Ruby, and the crowd pops again for the fist bump. First-rate character work there.

This is what Madison Rayne is bringing to the table- projection of character!  Or so I've heard.

• Like 3

It's quickly apparent that I won't get very far tonight.

But.

• Leva had a good idea with the book fake but then I have no idea what she was going for after that with her weirdo strikes. And I'm not on board with the Nyla thing. Unless you're Evil Uno or maybe Emi, you shouldn't be forcing opponents into contrived situations. It almost never looks good. It has to be a once every 15 matches sort of thing, not a signature bit and I've seen Nyla do it before. She sort of gets away with it due to her strength but it relies on so much stuff and I don't like her ending it with the jumping neckbreaker. Just a massive lariat forcing the DDT would have been way cooler. And um, so yeah, what was Shafir doing with her tongue at the end there? Because that was a thing that happened.
  • Julia Hart's new gear is a hell of a thing. Objectively. Obviously she has a bedazzled heart while doing an evil cultist gothic Danish thing. But it still somehow totally worked. And Brody's shirt was very swank too, just saying. Just great presentation all around and the way she traps the arm under her folded legs at the end to force the leg tap. Just a hell of a thing there. And it was good that Menard finally showed up. I was scared for Wight.
  • And I've got to brush a 5 year old's teeth so I'll hit the rest of it tomorrow.
  • Hell of a thing, though.
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Gordlow said:

It would not surprise me in the least if all four of the last matches, Takeshita through Dralistico, made DEAN's poll this week. It's a tough choice! They were all really entertaining.

With no RAW, the Bunny/Madison Rayne might make the cut for 40!  You never know!

• Like 2