Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW


Peck
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tony Khan's contract with WarnerMedia means he can only have his wrestling brands on WarnerMedia related channels and streams.

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/33689914/tony-khan-navigating-roh-acquisition-cody-rhodes-departure-new-talent

Sorta confirmed sending people down to ROH, if no room on AEW shows.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

TruTv could be the home of ROH & probably has some open nights for new shows. 

Yeah put all the comedy guys in ROH and book them like AJPW 90's comedy guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, DEAN said:

I read somewhere (Twitter?  Facebook? Here? Info Wars?) that Gresham is being cut out of the Progress shows on the network because he is signed to AEW.

 

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - in what will be heartbreaking news for you the Gresham/Dean Allmark match from March isn't on the Network

Rumor has it lately that WWE only cut out the Anthony Ogogo match from Ch. 127, but it was PROGRESS' own decision to cut out the Gresham matches from Ch. 128 and 129 to give people an incentive to buy PROGRESS' own streaming service.

Of course since then Gresham competed for and won the PROGRESS World Championship at Ch. 130 and of course he also competed in and won the entire wXw 16 Carat Gold 2022 tournament. None of those shows aired on the WWE network yet, but obviously it would be utterly insane to release any of those shows without the Gresham matches.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This week's ROH TV Pure Title Finals Punk vs. Styles, from Ring of Homicide Danielson vs. Delirious & the anniversary show where Tyler Black beat Austin Aries for the ROH Title. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the chatter suggests the new ROH is likely to feature a lot of contracted AEW guys, which I'm fine with, as long as a few of the final roster finds a place - namely the Briscoes (please), Dalton Castle, Josh Woods, Kaun, Gresham and Bandido.  Perhaps a Dragon Lee and Rush could join that list.  I'd like to see some of the former stars get a shot - like those that have already shown up like Cabana, Sydal, Christopher Daniels (I'd like a new Prophecy and more importantly a heel persona), Lethal, and Joe.  Depending on where the TNT title run goes, I think Scorpio Sky would be a nice fit.  Frankie Kazarian could be a nice gatekeeper midcard heel. Jack Evans could contribute some solid job duty.  Austin Gunn had a cup of coffee with ROH pre-AEW, and I think the whole Club could benefit from an Honorable experience.  I wonder what a guy like Trent Beretta might be capable of in a situation where he could shine solo, or heck bring in Taylor and let them have a title run.  Of guys that were never there but could be of value, obviously Angelico's style would make him a nice potential challenge for Yuta's Pure strap.  I love the idea of some of the lower end teams like the Blonds and the Privates getting a shot.  I would absolutely consider giving Reynolds and Silver a run with ROH tag belts.  A feud over said titles (or with no titles at stake) with Grayson and Uno could be magnificent (or is that too much of a potential AEW feud)!  I wonder if maybe initially rounding out the roster with the likes of Sabian, Sonny, Solo or Lee Johnson would be good to avoid - as to not make it seem like the Job Squad is running the show.  But all could certainly contribute.  Johnson in particular might nicely benefit from a run in ROH.  So too Brrrrock.  AQA has already been in, and developing her honorably might be a good call.  I'd love to see the Renegade Sisters get a shot.  Kiera Hogan would look pretty darn good with a title belt strapped around her waist.  Oh, and of course the Martin Bros could have a helluva ROH run.  

EDIT: And I really hope the Workhorsemen get a kick at the can.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Glad to see Tea Leoni getting work after all these years. 

Goddammit.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tea Leoni is so beautiful!  She'd be a great get for ROH.  Maybe she could manage the Workhorsemen?  Tony's shown he's not afraid of similarly named acts.  Have any of you guys seen the early David O Russell classic 'Flirting with Disaster'.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA changed the title to RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW
  • RIPPA pinned this topic

I have moved this thread to the AEW folder due to the complete blending of the brands at the moment.

Once the TV situation is settled I will see if we need a sub folder... or a thread at all

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

So happy to see Dalton Castle get another shot at the Battle.  Hoping he and Gresham bring their best and get an interested and excitable crowd.  

A couple years ago I got the chance to hang with a member of the ROH roster and he told me how beat up Dalton's body was. I hope he's healed up because he's so charismatic and a great competitor when he's healthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

A couple years ago I got the chance to hang with a member of the ROH roster and he told me how beat up Dalton's body was. I hope he's healed up because he's so charismatic and a great competitor when he's healthy. 

Yeah, that ominous backbrace reiterates that talk.  He did however take some fairly substantial bumps at Supercard.  Here's hoping he has a few more rounds in the tank.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still maintain that the best story ROH never told was after their long feud for Silas Young to come out and save Dalton Castle from a 2 on 1 because he had earned Silas' respect with his toughness, then had them team together with Young constantly frustrated with his partner's embellishments but always had his back no matter how annoyed he got. Then he could have turned on him after Castle won the title. I so badly wanted Castle preening in the ring with his Boys while Young shook his head with disgust on the apron.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, caley said:

I still maintain that the best story ROH never told was after their long feud for Silas Young to come out and save Dalton Castle from a 2 on 1 because he had earned Silas' respect with his toughness, then had them team together with Young constantly frustrated with his partner's embellishments but always had his back no matter how annoyed he got. Then he could have turned on him after Castle won the title. I so badly wanted Castle preening in the ring with his Boys while Young shook his head with disgust on the apron.

That bit of booking is worlds better than anything Delirious came up with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, Blue Dragon said:

Tony Khan's contract with WarnerMedia means he can only have his wrestling brands on WarnerMedia related channels and streams.

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/33689914/tony-khan-navigating-roh-acquisition-cody-rhodes-departure-new-talent

Sorta confirmed sending people down to ROH, if no room on AEW shows.

Except there is no ROH...Just a bunch of belts and a tape library.

Tony needs to crap or get off the pot already with ROH because now AEW is the AEW & ROH show. 

Edited by TheVileOne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Except there is no ROH...Just a bunch of belts and a tape library.

Tony needs to crap or get off the pot already with ROH because now AEW is the AEW & ROH show. 

He's literally had it run 1 show 2 weeks ago and is pretty clearly trying to get a TV deal. What exactly are you expecting him to have done already?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

He's literally had it run 1 show 2 weeks ago and is pretty clearly trying to get a TV deal. What exactly are you expecting him to have done already?

Something other than tweeting about anti-AEW bots and big announcements. If they need it go dark for a while. Go dark until they come up with a plan. 

Edited by TheVileOne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t it be better to keep the name out there by putting it on a few AEW shows until things are settled? 
 

Going “dark” isn’t a good idea. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...