DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

It's not Marino's fault... no team from a warm weather city has a compelling story in the NFL except the Dolphins in the 70's and the one year the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl. Between the Dolphins, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Cardinals, and Chargers.... it's been spotty at best, and that continues if you includes the Saints. Players go to the beach or the golf course and forget that they hit people for a living.

'Cept Incognito... he extorts people for a living.

Really? Is it not warm in Texas?

It's not Marino's fault... no team from a warm weather city has a compelling story in the NFL except the Dolphins in the 70's and the one year the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl. Between the Dolphins, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Cardinals, and Chargers.... it's been spotty at best, and that continues if you includes the Saints. Players go to the beach or the golf course and forget that they hit people for a living.

Or San Fran apparently

EDIT: Or Oakland!

• Like 1

A follow up on Ozzie Newsome - the only thing released so far is that the Ravens said that Newsome "didn't feel well" and doctor's recommended he not flight back with the team.

That was around 9 pm last night and nothing since

On his way back to Baltimore now, feeling fine, expected to be back in the office this week. And...exhale. For now.

I hope this wasn't a Jets fan

TM6gxtl.gif

The best part about that, the guy who fell only ended up with a bruised shoulder. This is why being extremely drunk while in Western New York is not only beneficial but encouraged. 

Of course, I can't say the same about the poor guy he fell on. 

BTW - the Eagles would currently be the 2nd WC in the AFC and the Cowboys and Giants would be 1/2 and game out (respectively)

But - WORST DIVISION IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL~!

SOMEONE has to win those interdivision games. . . .

I never read King. The KSK takedowns of his columns are enough for me.

If you want to know why sports writing mostly sucks ass on a national level, consider that King has won "Sports Writer of the Year" how many times now?

Or San Fran apparently

EDIT: Or Oakland!

You think San Fran is warm in November/December, especially at frigging Candlestick?

Average high temp for San Fran (per Weather Channel)

Nov - 64

Dec - 57

That is paradise to someone like me who grew up in the Northeast

New York

Nov - 54

Dec - 43

And it is just as infamously windy in the Meadowlands as it is in Candlestick

DC

Nov - 58

Dec - 47

I never read King. The KSK takedowns of his columns are enough for me.

If you want to know why sports writing mostly sucks ass on a national level, consider that King has won "Sports Writer of the Year" how many times now?

I had never seen KSK before. . . thanks.