DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I may be to blame for Lance Storm chopping off his blonde dye job rattail. I was at an ECW Arena show when someone laid him out. He was doing a stretcher job right past me and my friends and we all were screaming at him to cut his haircut. For some reason, whoever was pushing him in the stretcher stopped him in front of us for about a minute. So he was subject to our abuse about his haircut. Next time he showed up in ECW, it was gone.

On a different note but with the same picture: Ever wonder how a wrestler who wearing a European Singlet (doublehook model) like RVD urinates when in gear? Of course you have! I was at an ECW show in Asbury Park. I ran into the bathroom and was by myself. All of a sudden, I hear the gravelly voice of Bill Alfonso say "It's all clear!" In walks RVD, in his gear, who uses the urinal right next to me. He turned pretty much perpendicular to the urinal and pulled up his right pant and peed essentially down the side of his thigh.

ECW! ECW!

• Like 4

On a different note but with the same picture: Ever wonder how a wrestler who wearing a European Singlet (doublehook model) like RVD urinates when in gear? Of course you have! I was at an ECW show in Asbury Park. I ran into the bathroom and was by myself. All of a sudden, I hear the gravelly voice of Bill Alfonso say "It's all clear!" In walks RVD, in his gear, who uses the urinal right next to me. He turned pretty much perpendicular to the urinal and pulled up his right pant and peed essentially down the side of his thigh.ECW! ECW!

Ah yeah, the VanUrinator.
  • Like 4

A worst haircut in wrestling discussion is not complete without mentioning Rocky Maivia's poodle perm and Tyson Kidd's forelock or whatever the hell it was called.

Oh dear god, that Ed Grimley-looking thing?  That was horrid.

Rodney's 'do was pretty awful too.

Posted Image

• Like 1

On a different note but with the same picture: Ever wonder how a wrestler who wearing a European Singlet (doublehook model) like RVD urinates when in gear? Of course you have! I was at an ECW show in Asbury Park. I ran into the bathroom and was by myself. All of a sudden, I hear the gravelly voice of Bill Alfonso say "It's all clear!" In walks RVD, in his gear, who uses the urinal right next to me. He turned pretty much perpendicular to the urinal and pulled up his right pant and peed essentially down the side of his thigh.

ECW! ECW!

I have never wondered about this.  You, on the other hand, probably lament daily that this didn't happen a dozen years later when cameras on cell phones became standard and you could have taken a pic.

• Like 1

Is Dustin's "Final Cut" new?  The first time I remember seeing it was Monday, but it was freaking amazing!

He's been using it since 09 in ECW at least.

It was always odd at those ECW shows when the talent had to use the public bathroom.  It was quite a mystique killer to see Sabu come out of a stall after he just finished dropping a major deuce.

Did he usually miss the toilet?
There's a joke about repeating the spot in there but I'm not going to make it.

I think the infusion of new board members will be interesting in skewing the vote all over the place. It'll be a bloodbath.

Goldust never worked in ROH, which is what matters to most voters.
God I wish a motivated Dustin Rhodes would have done a few ROH shows between 05 and 07. Would have been such a different presence on those shows.

Re:Jae's great commentary piece, I'm catching up on NXT, watching the episode with the 2 of 3 falls Zayn match, and during the Bayley-AJ match, there's a point where Bayley keeps going for multiple covers on AJ. The announcers play it off as this silly, inexperienced thing. I remember someone calling a match, maybe Ventura, talking about how the person making the covers knew they weren't likely to get a pin, but it made their opponent use that much more energy kicking out, and there was always the chance to sneak a three count in. I love little touches like that.

• Like 1

I think the infusion of new board members will be interesting in skewing the vote all over the place. It'll be a bloodbath.

Goldust never worked in ROH, which is what matters to most voters.
God I wish a motivated Dustin Rhodes would have done a few ROH shows between 05 and 07. Would have been such a different presence on those shows.

Working Dustin into the Age of the Fall feud and having a Necro/Dustin bunkhouse match would have been the dog's bollocks.

• Like 1

It was always odd at those ECW shows when the talent had to use the public bathroom.  It was quite a mystique killer to see Sabu come out of a stall after he just finished dropping a major deuce. 

Did he usually miss the toilet?

OH MY GOD!!!

Harley has the hair of a man that's about to paint some nice bushes in the foreground. Then he's going to paint a lonely tree in the background. No wait... Now he's going to draw some tree friend for the lonely tree. Isn't that nice?

And if we are going to talk about bad hair...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Harley has the hair of a man who will beat the fuck out of everybody posting in this thread.

Harley had no time to worry about his fucking hair.  He had to worry about fish hookin' fools and tearing eyes out of the socket.  The best cut for Harley was a Perm.  It was permanently set and he didn't have to worry about it getting messed up when he was stompin the shit out of dudes.  Harley Race could wear a dead skunk on his head and he would still be cool.

• Like 2

I want Vince Russo back. I want him to wipe away the current writing staff and have total control. Just imagine, the first big angle is Kenny Dykstra making his return to cost John Cena the World Title. Then he can cut a shoot promo on Cena about how Cena stole his woman and then caused the end of his wrestling career. Now he's back to steal Cena's Bella and end his career. Maybe even throw in a "Who is stalking Nikki Bella?" angle into the beginning before the big reveal.

And it being Vince Russo, Nikki Bella will get physically attacked by a male wrestler, sometimes unprovoked, once a week. Then eventually her implied rapist stalker will piledrive her in the ring to a huge pop, and I'll die a little inside. 

Actually, no one type his name a third time because I hear that if you do that, he pops up on your favorite wrestling show and starts wreaking havoc Beetlejuice-style