DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

If WWE went the route of a 4-man title unification tournament a la Vengeance 2001, composed of Cena, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and a fourth wrestler not named Randy Orton, Mark Henry, or the Big Show who ends up winning the unified title, who would be the best and worst realistic choices for that slot?

Doesn't matter.  There's not a chance in hell Cena doesn't win that, so the 4th is inconquensial.

I actually think there is a great chance that Cena would win his first match and lose in the finals in that scenario.

3 months ago I might've agreed.  Right now not-so-much.

I'm working on a comp for a friend ... 120 matches of varying types, chronologically over the course of 30 yrs ('84-'13) ... May end up going nowhere ... but, was anything other than WWF/E going on around 2000/2001/2002 ... WCW dipped sharply in quality, ECW was on its last legs, ROH doesn't come along until 2002 ... I was looking up some stuff, and it's pretty much WWF/E.

I'm working on a comp for a friend ... 120 matches of varying types, chronologically over the course of 30 yrs ('84-'13) ... May end up going nowhere ... but, was anything other than WWF/E going on around 2000/2001/2002 ... WCW dipped sharply in quality, ECW was on its last legs, ROH doesn't come along until 2002 ... I was looking up some stuff, and it's pretty much WWF/E.

Attached to this:

AW SHIT!  Where did the DVDVR "Best of the '90s" stuff go?!??!

Attached to this:

AW SHIT!  Where did the DVDVR "Best of the '90s" stuff go?!??!

I might want to get in on this.

• Like 1

I was going to recommend Wildside Also the ECWA Super 8s during that time had Kendrick, AmDrag, Amazing Red, Reckless Youth, Low Ki, Daniels, Styles, Noble, etc. So here's probaby stuff there.

It might be fun to go back to that time period and check out local indies that got a TV slot because wrestling was so hot. There's bound to be some forgotten brawls between a couple of cats that was only seen by 23 people at 2 in the morning on a Saturday.

UPW and JAPW were both putting out some fun stuff during that time period.  At least I enjoyed it then, I don't know that they've aged well.

If you're going for historical completeness maybe a CZW or IWA-MS deathmatch, too.

I was going to recommend Wildside Also the ECWA Super 8s during that time had Kendrick, AmDrag, Amazing Red, Reckless Youth, Low Ki, Daniels, Styles, Noble, etc. So here's probaby stuff there.It might be fun to go back to that time period and check out local indies that got a TV slot because wrestling was so hot. There's bound to be some forgotten brawls between a couple of cats that was only seen by 23 people at 2 in the morning on a Saturday.

I actually have some stuff from Southern States Wrestling/ NWA Smoky Mountain/ New South Wrestling during this time frame that I might add ... if I can find it in my storage unit ... I think there was a swank Kid Kash/Josh Cody match on this one release I used to have ...

But overall, thanks for the recommendations so far, everyone ... still looking for more input, of course.

There's also Cornette booked OVW with all the future main event superstars like Batista, Orton, Cena, Trailer Park Trash...

Also the man declared as The Next Big Thing in OVW...Nova.

All the ref bumps.