DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

It's not just the voice but how he says things. The line that really showcases it is "Ohhhh get your heart doctor. Get your cardiologist." It's a very Heenan thing to do, to say something then say it again with different words.

Davidson when he was a Rangers color guy was the ultimate homer for them. But it is amazing how It did sound very much like Heenan saying that.

For some reason Hogan's skullet never seemed weird to me. I just accepted this was okay, but also that only one man could wear it and it was The Immortal One, brother. I think I feel that way about most wrestler fashion choices. Zubaz, for example feels totally acceptable if your job is bodyslamming other men.

It's amazing to think that when I was a kid, it didn't seem unusual to me at all for a man to appear on a talk show wearing long blue athletic spandex tights with cowboy boots and tube socks sticking up out of them, fingerless workout gloves, a torn up t shirt, and have a blonde skullet. 

Hogan might still be the final word in bad wrestling haircuts. A bald guy with a bleach blonde skullet. However, don't discount the fabulous mullets of Eddie Guerrero and Mike Awesome. I can't recall if we've ever done a poll of fabulously bad wrestling haircuts, but it'd be a fun one.

There is a Snowden mullet article at least. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1671418-party-in-the-back-wwe-style-wrestlings-all-time-best-mullets

hahaha, I love that you say Gorilla, because I thought it was more Heenan.

Yeah, I thought it was uncannily like Heenan as well.  Maybe it really is certain people hear it.

What's even weirder is that the play-by-play guy there (Sam Rosen) is a Rangers institution and is still calling games to this day.  He doesn't sound like it in that clip at all, but I swear that today, he sounds a lot like Ventura.  Here's a sample video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHp6hBE5E4M

He doesn't really sound like him when he's doing his shouting voice (which is most of that clips video), but his standard play-by-play (like the first few seconds) is uncanny, I think.

The worst hair cut is either Davey Boy's poof on top with dreads look or Shawn Michaels' ridiculous mullet at Wrestlemania X.

Best hair is Kevin Nash & always will be.

Terra Ryzing has something to say about that

Posted Image

If there's any justice, it's Goldust's year.

I think we've been at it long enough that you know the answer to that question. March Madness is a lawless land, overrun with barbarous brutes and swindlin' scalawags. The Lord of the Flies kids had it better than us.

• Like 2

I want Vince Russo back. I want him to wipe away the current writing staff and have total control. Just imagine, the first big angle is Kenny Dykstra making his return to cost John Cena the World Title. Then he can cut a shoot promo on Cena about how Cena stole his woman and then caused the end of his wrestling career. Now he's back to steal Cena's Bella and end his career. Maybe even throw in a "Who is stalking Nikki Bella?" angle into the beginning before the big reveal.

A worst haircut in wrestling discussion is not complete without mentioning Rocky Maivia's poodle perm and Tyson Kidd's forelock or whatever the hell it was called.

I fucking swear I wanted to be the shit out of Kidd each time I saw that fucking stupid haircut. But it was even more terrifying when he was bald gor a bit. He looked like some punk trying to impress a bunch of Neo Nazis. He is just one ugly guy.
  • Like 1

I want Vince Russo back. I want him to wipe away the current writing staff and have total control. Just imagine, the first big angle is Kenny Dykstra making his return to cost John Cena the World Title. Then he can cut a shoot promo on Cena about how Cena stole his woman and then caused the end of his wrestling career. Now he's back to steal Cena's Bella and end his career. Maybe even throw in a "Who is stalking Nikki Bella?" angle into the beginning before the big reveal.

You have to throw in a pregnancy angle as well. Perhaps a DNA triple threat match with Cena, Dykstra and D-Bry. Nikki starts pushing a stroller around with everyone wondering if a baby is actually in there and the big reveal is that it's just a picture of Goldust or Yoshi Tatsu.

• Like 1