DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-28-13

MGFanJay

Other than the Shield breakup tease, this was an enjoyable show. Cash-in was exciting, although it didn't feel very important after it happened. Lots of progression with some things in mysterious ways with Kane, the Wyatts, HBK, and Bryan. They teased Bryan-HBK, which timing-wise makes more sense for Survivor Series given that they've traded finishers, but should definitely be saved for WM. They gave the Wyatts a massive one-night push and actually gave the Real Americans a win - this means some great matches on Main Event are in our future. Show-closing angle was fine, but made the roster seem like geeks compared to everyone else.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/10/raw-10-28-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

FATALITY!

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8u83c2cxvheah27ls942ezons7uw1bsa

• Like 1

Rhodes brothers/Real Americans was really good.

If Bryan had the belt and got laid out and had to just lay there like that for that long people would have already lost their shit. But it doesn't exactly make Orton look very good. This feud over the belt is a giant excercise in who will get knocked out and suck the least.

I loved this show a lot more than the shows the last few weeks. Thought the stuff with the Wyatt family was really interesting, Bryan/Shawn was good, a very fun show. The cash in was really well done and I think Sandow got a lot more out of it in losing than he would if he had actually won.

All I want is for Bray to be Hunter's spiritual advisor like Rasputin or something. That would make me a very happy boy.

• Like 1

I just don't see Shawn vs Bryan actually happening. What it does look like is we have Orton vs Big Show and Cena vs Del Rio as our main event feuds for the next few months, Bryan/Punk vs the Wyatt's, and Goldie/Cody rotating against the tag rooster. The last two are perfectly fine but that's a stale top of the card (to say the least). Show has been great in this role, though.

Rhodes brothers/Real Americans was really good.If Bryan had the belt and got laid out and had to just lay there like that for that long people would have already lost their shit. But it doesn't exactly make Orton look very good. This feud over the belt is a giant excercise in who will get knocked out and suck the least.

Except Show's KO Punch is the current most protectes finish in WWE, abd established that is ko's anybody. So its cool.

Shield dissension + "The Devil Made Me Do It" + Kane joining The Authority is the tip-off where this is all headed. AND I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT!Rhodes vs. Real Americans was great. Glad the RAs are now elevated into the upper echelon of the tag ranks.

Real Americans -v- The Rhodes Bros. was very good. Cena -v- Sandow was promising until it became a John Cena circlejerk, And it's nice to see young up and comers like The Big Show being pushed to the main event. 

I missed most of the first hour and a half, so I only saw the Bryan and Cena stuff in clip form, but seeing Sandow's MITB go nowhere is absolutely fucking hilarious.

Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatts...  This could be an awesome upper mid-card distraction.

Show/Orton has potential to be fine, and I think Cena/Del Rio should deliver well as Cena knocks off the rest of the ring rust.

There was this King Of The Hill where Hank's rival high school team by the state trophy in a flag football game. 

After Arlen won, the opposing kicker yelled "Why did we agree to this, we had nothing to gain." 

That is how I think Stephanie should act now.

• Like 2

Natty needing a distraction to help her win against Summer Rae doesn't speak too well for her.

Well if the promo for the new season of Total Divas was her actually pissing her pants in the middle of a match, losing to Summer Rae is the least of her worries

Natty is worse than either Bella. Her fucking up basic match finishes borders on performance art at this point.

Kane squashing Miz was tremendous, and did way more for both than a back and forth match would have. I liked the stuff with Wyatt too, and I'll be interested to see if they tie it together.

I thought the Cena match was great, and I like the idea moving forward of him having the belt while rounding in to shape. I would say it could make for some interesting match ups, but I have no faith we will get anything beyond him v. ADR for three straight pay per views.

I thought the Cena match was great, and I like the idea moving forward of him having the belt while rounding in to shape. I would say it could make for some interesting match ups, but I have no faith we will get anything beyond him v. ADR for three straight pay per views.

He'll probably squash Sandow/Swagger/Cesaro on a few Smackdowns inbetween too.