DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I think it was justified after Jason Kidd said "hit me".

I'm struggling to think of a guy that I've seen that looks as completely done as KG. Jesus, this has to be what it was like seeing seeing Walt Frazier that last season in Cleveland or something. I've never been a KG fan but looking at his numbers and having him on my fantasy team has been really depressing.

Oh, you know how last night had what was one of the best regular season games of the year? Let's just follow it up with a 27-point comeback led by the most electrifying shooters maybe ever in front of the craziest crowd in the league. You know, just an average Tuesday night game. And also the Sixers/Orlando went to Double OT that saw dude go for 40 and two rookies have triple doubles.

And Andre Drummond with 18 boards.

Man, the NBA has been really good to start the season. Teams and players really got into it quickly. Good times.

I'm struggling to think of a guy that I've seen that looks as completely done as KG. Jesus, this has to be what it was like seeing seeing Walt Frazier that last season in Cleveland or something. I've never been a KG fan but looking at his numbers and having him on my fantasy team has been really depressing.

I would think Steve Nash, but he was already sitting, er laying down a lot the last couple of seasons with Phoenix. He hasn't done much for the Lakers when he's played, but he broke his leg early last season and I don't think he's ever recovered. I know he's said he plans to finish out his contract, but I just can't see him coming back next season.

KG's numbers are really sad to see.

Especially since Kidd has kicked Frank off the bench, probably for telling Kidd when he's full of shit. As for KG, if the falls don't fall off as some point, players wouldn't retire. . . .

Ricky Rubio has no shot whatsoever. 

36% from three and 86% free throws this year.  His career averages in those categories are a bit below that, but  are still ahead of Isiah Thomas (Pistons), for example.

It's weird because last year KG's per-36 numbers were virtually identical to his career per-36, and now this year....

Well, his rebounds per 36 this year are his 3rd highest ever, which would at least suggest that the effort to be physically active and such is still there.

He and Reggie Evans pull down a combined 25 rebounds in 36 minutes.   

Tonight there's a regular season game in Mexico City that was scheduled to start in twenty minutes between the Timberwolves and the Spurs that is on NBA TV if anyone wanted to see it.

However, I say "scheduled" as there just was an electrical short that caused a fire and filled the arena with smoke and everyone had to be evacuated. Note that this is an arena which opened February of last year. Maybe this will be the last we will see of regular season games in Mexico City,