DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

Could Jerry Springer book a wrestling show these days?

Or better yet - Get the South Park guys to buy out TNA and turn it into live action WTF, headlined by the school's wrestling coach!

Kurt Angle as the coach would be great. THATS NOT REAL RASSLIN!!!

Rebrand Manik as El Pollo Loco and I could see ODB doing the abortion angle.. Seriously though President Martin Sheen is the best thing I've heard all day. Charlie makes enough to buy two or three companys off that insane 90 episode deal for Anger Management. Worse comes to worse, he brings S.E.X. and the gogo dancers back.

• Like 2

David Stern doesn't pop up on NBATV to announce he's booked a basketball game, or punish a disobedient team by having to play the Spurs.

I know this isn't what you were going for, but I would watch so much more basketball if this were the case.

Special stipulation that whoever won the Sixth Man award could literally be a sixth man on the court throughout the following season.

According to a source, there is NO truth to Billy Corgan having talks with TNA about purchasing the company. The story was fed by Corgan's associate, Lou D'Angeli, and it caught on from there. There has been no recent communication with Corgan and management, and as of right now, no talks are scheduled. Internally there is said to be some heat on Corgan's camp for fanning the flames.- As for a potential buyer for TNA, the one company that I have heard that is interested is located outside of the U.S., but has strong ties to television domestically. I don't know if they are the leading candidate that Dave Meltzer recently mentioned in The Wrestling Observer.- TNA is in talks with a national company about coming on board to be a sponsor for their television, web site and live event tours. TNA is also looking to further strengthen key relationships with YouTube and Facebook.

There have been some things out there about the Carters telling people inside TNA that they have no intention of selling the company. I actually think that's the case and this whole thing just got totally blown up because people WANT to believe it will be sold.

- As for a potential buyer for TNA, the one company that I have heard that is interested is located outside of the U.S., but has strong ties to television domestically. I don't know if they are the leading candidate that Dave Meltzer recently mentioned in The Wrestling Observer.

International company with strong ties to domestic television?  Is Simon Cowell getting into the wrestling business?

So. . .who needs a job?

Writer/Producer TNA Entertainment

Position Description

The Writer/Producer will be responsible for the creative content and scripts of television content. He/She will work with a team of writers who will produce original, compelling content for broadcast.

Key Responsibilities

- Develop and implement creative storylines for broadcast on TNA television broadcast.

- Build compelling stories that capture the audience.

- Consistently improve and refine storylines.

- Use consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the TNA brand and each talent’s skills.

Desired Skills and Qualifications

- A creative, original thinker with great programming instincts.

- Minimum of 3 years writing and production experience in television preferred.

- Deep understanding of pop culture, trends, and topical events, especially as they relate to television programming.

- Writing and directing reality television a plus. 

- An experimental, risk-taking mindset. Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.

- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate story lines, including vision and strategy, effectively with senior management, writing and production teams, and external parties.

- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.

Please submit resumes and any other applicable material to [email protected] withWriter/Producer in the subject line.

From the age of 9-12 I booked my own wrestling federation with my wrestling toys.  I still think it was better than anything TNA or WWE has put out in the last 10 years.  When Superman made his debut and ran through the ranks, even beating the unbeatable Sting and Hulk Hogan, it took the 4 Horseman, Lex Luthor, and chair made of Kryptonite to take out and injure the Man of Steel permanently.  My fed also featured a Wargames match on every card and there were at least 15 championships at all times.  

• Like 3

From the age of 9-12 I booked my own wrestling federation with my wrestling toys.  I still think it was better than anything TNA or WWE has put out in the last 10 years.  When Superman made his debut and ran through the ranks, even beating the unbeatable Sting and Hulk Hogan, it took the 4 Horseman, Lex Luthor, and chair made of Kryptonite to take out and injure the Man of Steel permanently.  My fed also featured a Wargames match on every card and there were at least 15 championships at all times.  

So, you're saying that Vince Russo could teach you something about restraint?

• Like 1

I would hate being the person doing the interviewing for that job, going over thousands of applications from clueless idiots whose main selling point is their e-fed experience.

Some of them would be better that what TNA's got now.

So, you're saying that Vince Russo could teach you something about restraint?

I was crash TV before there was crash TV.  I'm the Ramones, Vince Russo is Blink 182.

• Like 4

- As for a potential buyer for TNA, the one company that I have heard that is interested is located outside of the U.S., but has strong ties to television domestically. I don't know if they are the leading candidate that Dave Meltzer recently mentioned in The Wrestling Observer.

International company with strong ties to domestic television?  Is Simon Cowell getting into the wrestling business?

It's probably Endemol. Their Indian branch co-produced Ring Ka King with TNA, and their US branch produces tons of shitty reality shows. A wrestling company is a perfect fit.