DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

Those guys hired Tromeo to be the head of their online division or some shit. I approve.

Here's the story since nobody will know what I'm talking about

http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/endemol-north-america-taps-will-keenan-to-lead-new-digital-division-1200855139

Ehhhh if you see a bunch of access denied shit google Will Keenan Endemol and then watch Tromeo and Juliet you uncultured swine

Didn't Jarrett book Ring Ka King?

I'm pretty sure he did. TNA might as well just do another takeover angle, since that's their thing anyway, this time with Jarrett bringing in all the Ring Ka King Guys. Scott Steiner, Jwala, American Adonis, Barood, Isiah Cash, even the terrible Maxx B for MAXXimum fodder.  Complete with pretending Isiah Cash was never there before as DOC. Jarrett needs his Indian Lawyer with him for sure.

So is anyone else actually sending a resume for the writing gig or was it just me?

I sent in something this morning.  I wanted to check on some things first.

First time I've ever put a resume together.  I forgot to include any special skills on it:

- Handsome Hobo Name Generator

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, but the rumor did give us something to talk about. We have 24 pages of fantasy booking ownership, jibber jabber, and joking around to prove that. They never had any intention of selling. The leak was their idea to get publicity. To get viewers. It's TNA, so it would be no surprise that would be their boneheaded attempt to gather attention to let people out there know that they exist.

EDIT: I misunderstood you Matt. My bad.

Did they:

A. Never have the intention to sell, or

B. Couldn't find anyone to buy the damn thing?

or

C. They've never actively tried to sell it but they've always been willing to listen to offers. Someone came in with an offer but the offer wasn't high enough.

• 2 months later...

Prior to sending my resume in, I couldn't figure out what TNA even wanted in a writer or who was doing the hiring so I just sent some storyline ideas since that's what WWE likes.

Here's what I proposed for this Sunday's Lockdown main event...

Ben Leslie

Writing Submission Samples

November 24, 2013

Dixieland Champion vs. Real World Champion
I'm assuming that Magnus wins the tournament and becomes Dixie Carter's chosen champion with the obvious long-term payoff being a unification match against AJ Styles.

Through the regular social media/networking/whatever the fuck it's called channels, Dixie Carter plugs a celebration for the new TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion at that week's upcoming Impact broadcast.  Prior to the beginning of the tapings, a tailgate party is held outside the venue sponsored by "The Friends of AJ" in honor of the real World Heavyweight Champion, AJ Styles.  Several of the TNA babyfaces are in attendance along with some non-contracted talent like Ted DiBiase, Jr.  (Doesn't need to be him specifically but someone around that level).  Dixie Carter confronts DiBiase asking why he is there and he responds that he hoped Styles, who he refers to as the real World Champ would be there so he could formally challenge him face to face to a title match.  She tells him to get out of her building.  He lets her know that they are outside.  She says if he wants a match with a World Champ then he can have a match against two World Champs later that night against The Bro Mans.  DiBiase holds his own but goes under thanks to an interfering Magnus or he can go over due to a DQ and that can be followed up for the following week's Impact with a DiBiase vs. Magnus title match.

Similar scenarios can be repeated over the next few weeks with non-contracted talent with some name value but not major headliners like DiBiase or a Bob Holly showing up at Impact to challenge A.J. Styles, who they'll all refer to as the real World Champion, while Magnus is steaming that he is the official TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion and despite successfully defending his title (goes over free agents on TV and Hardy in January and Joe in February) he still isn't getting any respect from the wrestling world.  Eventually, Magnus demands that Dixie Carter bring Styles back for a unification match but she refuses.  Magnus issues a threat on Impact that he is going to find Styles and prove to everybody who the real World Champion is.  Styles responds via Twitter that he won't be hard to find and on the next Impact, Styles strikes first with a hit and run on Magnus.  Show goes off the air with Magnus vowing revenge and that weekend at an indy show, Magnus does a run-in on Styles and a huge brawl erupts.  The whole thing is captured on video and distributed via the usual social networking channels and is covered on the website and replayed on the following week's Impact where Styles again does a run-in on Magnus and another huge brawl erupts.  Dixie Carter has no choice but to set-up a unification match for the PPV (Lockdown) to crown the true undisputed TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion as well as a blank check contract for Styles also on the line.

In the weeks (at least 3) leading up to the PPV, in order to drive traffic to the website, polls should be publicized on television directing fans to go the website and vote for who they think the real World Champion is and who they think is going to become the undisputed World Champion at the PPV.  The same can be done for Twitter with hashtags (#AJCHAMP, #MAGNUSCHAMP) as well.  Additionally to maximize monetization for this match, special merchandise packages for both Styles and Magnus should be put together with a sales meter publicized on the website/store and on television showing which champion the fans are supporting more.

This is the first draft.  Didn't save the final draft but I'm pretty sure I sent TNA a spelling/grammar checked version and I didn't give them any 'fuck's.  Might've taken some stuff out to force it to fit on one page as well.

Sent 4 other angles as well with 3 quick hits on the second page with an X-Divsion group/angle, EC3 as TV Champ, and a James Storm heel turn and on the third page, a Stud Stable angle involving Jay Bradley and Rob Terry as a tag team, Eric Young, magic elixir, hobos, and pimps.  Had a follow-up with Jarrett, EGO, and Angle but I'm pretty sure I left that part off for space considerations.

I think I may have actually sent this as is minus the redactions...

Jay Bradley returns to Impact accompanied by a bevy of beautiful bitches and his new associates, [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], Mike Tenay knows who they are, it's Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden, The Stud Stable.

• Like 1