DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

RE: The writing position

Goes with saying the wrestlers get it pretty bad, but from what's been said the office people have it shitty too. Minimum benefits and the pay is pretty bad (it's not just the wrestlers who have second jobs).  Not to mention the place has always been hideously under-staffed, and its gotten way worse with all the cuts.

People always say "the front office is a mess" which it is. But I'm pretty sure that's because everyone is over-worked, exhausted and under-paid, rather the being inept.

I hope whoever the new owner is, at realizes that if you want good results you have to, you know, treat people decently.

The former is factual, the latter is open to debate.

Regardless, EN090 is still the biggest TNA apologist on this board by a wide margin.

Kind of hard to be an apologist when you admit that the company sucks and has for the last year. Maybe if I go into the WWE forum and heap praise on them I could be given the "#1 WWE hater" award?

I guess the answer is that you're just dumb.

We aren't talking about current passion, but potential passion.  Certainly that describes you, doesn't

Hypothetically speaking, would I be the only one on this board that could have potential passion for a company with new owners that cleans house, puts money behind it, and makes improvements? My passion isn't for TNA per se, its for a desire to see a 2nd national company to rise up to a respectable level. And if TNA gets bought out, it literally needs to be a new company from top to bottom.

- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.

I'm not sure I'd recommend they hire someone who still has passion for TNA.  Then again, where would they find such a person?  They might be better off posting that they give hiring preference to chupacabras.

Surely The Crucial Crew needs work!

James

• Like 1

I'd slowly turn it into an ongoing televised Civil War re-enactment with Abyss as Robert E. Lee, the North being played by every ex-WWE guy they've ever brought in and the South basically being the TNA frontline.

This would then somehow segue into John Goodman as Glen Allan Walken becoming the new monster heel to feud with authority figure Martin Sheen, which then leads to Emilio Estevez bringing in the out of work cast of Mighty Ducks in as TNA's version of The Shield.

Somehow in between, they put the strap on the Green Ranger. Haven't quite decided whether he continues his current MMA gimmick, but programs with both Meng and Benoit Jnr look promising.

in the spirit of pro wrestling, will they accept someone who is working the gimmick of being a television writer? just refer all e-mails for references to fake people who have your spare e-mail accounts..

My plan as a TNA writer is precise: Trying to get the WWE to hire me when they buy the company

Oh shit, I shouldn't be telling you all this, should I?

I maintain TNA TV should be written like a season of The West Wing. At the end of my first season I'd have someone try to assassinate Dixie Carter. This leads to AJ Styles having a trauma related psychosis where he can't wrestle whenever he hears music in season 2!

James

• Like 3