DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

So Pacman Jones... does this mean we have to endure at least two more spots where he distracts the referee by making it rain? Or will they get clever on the second and have him make it hail to break up a pin? Why cannot some team in the NFL sue them to save TNA from their own stupidity?

Dave Meltzer from the Wrestling Observer is reporting that the Carter family wants to throw the towel in on TNA and sell the company to the highest bidder. There are parties interested in purchasing it, but no word yet on who they might be. Obvious candidates are Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom, and the WWE.Dave Meltzer revealed the news on his radio show today that they've been wanting to get out of the wrestling business for several months now, after they've thrown everything at the company without any results.Meltzer is quoted as saying:“There’s a lot of moves being done behind the scenes. There are, no matter what anyone is gonna say right now, big things behind the scenes as far as the future ownership of the company and at that point God only knows where it goes…. There’s people looking at getting it and I think the Carters are looking to get out. They’ve lost enough money and all that and as far as what that means, who knows? But they’ve been looking to get out for awhile, now everyone is going to scream at me and all that, but that’s a 100%, but that’s the stuff they don’t want you to know…. They’ve been looking to get out when they stopped, you know, when it became incumbent, when they didn’t want to fund them anymore….”

This entire shitstorm of rumors started with Meltzer and now it looks like they might not be selling after all. If that's the case, he should be held accountable.

Flogged in the streets might be excessive although the visual is funny.

I'd settle for his stuff being treated as, at best, speculation instead of gospel, like it often times is around here. Especially when it comes to the "TNA is dying" line that he's been pushing for years now.

Alright, here is my fantasy booking pitch....You don't even need Wrestlers on the books or anything. We pool enough money in to buying TNA, and then call up Mike Quackenbush, Jim Cornette, Ian Rotten and Vince Russo telling them they are booking TNA and have a blank check to do whatever they want. When they all show up to HQ, lock them in a room with take out Chinese food and Crystal Meth for three days with the cameras rolling. That's a season or two of reality TV right there. I'll bet it would bring in a 1.0 after Shoemaker mentions it on a Grantland podcast and Simmons writes an NBA article using it as a metaphor for the NBA in an effort to seem hip. 

• Like 1

I'd settle for his stuff being treated as, at best, speculation instead of gospel, like it often times is around here. Especially when it comes to the "TNA is dying" line that he's been pushing for years now.

Still waiting for any actual proof he said that.

You know TNA would have died multiple times if it was run as anything other than a tax write-off, right? They're not some sort of plucky underdog scraping by - they're an absolute failure on every level.

• Like 6