DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Just watched Flash.  God, I'm digging this show (and this week's ep).  I even enjoyed Mark Hamill's performance (I generally find Hammill really hammy). 

Not sure how to feel about the Wells' flashbacks.  Right now, it doesn't seem like it adds much to the story and seems to needlessly complicated.  Is the body switch part of some Professor Zoom story I'm forgetting?

The body switch is, I think, intended to solve two problems. 1) how did "Harrison Wells" exist with top-level credentials and the resources needed to launch STAR Labs? 2) Why isn't his blood on the wall? Because all his medical records are for a different person. (Presumably his access to Gideon provides him with medical tech that keeps him from needing to go to a 21st-century doctor).

That said, I genuinely didn't "get" the reveal at the beginning of the episode because of the shitty lighting, and had to watch it 3 times to figure out what actually was going on.

Those are good points.  Wasn't considering number 1, and I was assuming Wells just appeared out of thin air one day and built STAR Labs up without having any background or credentials whatsoever (super science and knowledge of the future for the win), but what they're actually doing makes more sense.

I'll echo what others have said, in that the teaser was immense.  I love that parts of the season will be this big team up with the Arrow gang.  Leads me to believe the rest of the season for both shows is going to be huge.

Anybody else feel that last night's episode of Arrow was an extreme let down after the awesomeness that was The Flash this week & that teaser trailer?

Honestly, no. If anything I thought it was one of the better episodes this season, but I'm at a point where I can't compare Arrow or AoS to Flash as it just isn't remotely fair to them. Both were good this week, but the Flash is on such a ridiculous role with its entire season its not even funny.

Can someone help me out on this?  Seems I can't find much info on whether or not the "Batman" 1966 television series collections (the complete series, not the season sets) have started to be replaced ... apparently there's some glitch in one of the episodes in the second season.  Most of the stuff I find through google refers to the glitch itself & the subsequent return/replacement program, but nothing about a corrected set being issued.

Anybody know anything?

Can someone help me out on this?  Seems I can't find much info on whether or not the "Batman" 1966 television series collections (the complete series, not the season sets) have started to be replaced ... apparently there's some glitch in one of the episodes in the second season.  Most of the stuff I find through google refers to the glitch itself & the subsequent return/replacement program, but nothing about a corrected set being issued.

Anybody know anything?

First I've heard about this. I got it last Christmas but only watched the extras so far.

Finally saw Wed's Arrow. That was easily a top five ep for the entire series, and by far the best of the season. Still felt a little bit of a step down from Flash, but that's just because both series fucking BROUGHT it this week. So jazzed for Ray and Felicity coming to CC next ep.

Yeah, I liked this episode of ARROW a lot. There were some plot issues, but that's par for the course on the CW DC shows. (I mean, if I'm Capt. Lance and I'm trying to bust the Arrow, the first thing I'm doing is putting a tail on everyone that I KNOW is on his crew.)

They've kinda written themselves into a weird place with Felicity, because all the shippers are invested in seeing her ultimately get together with Oliver, but the way this season has played out, it would make absolutely no character sense for that to happen. Her position is so at odds with Oliver, and Ray has been written as so perfect for her, the only logical conclusion is for her to leave with Ray when he moves over to whatever the new show is going to be.

Yeah, I liked this episode of ARROW a lot. There were some plot issues, but that's par for the course on the CW DC shows. (I mean, if I'm Capt. Lance and I'm trying to bust the Arrow, the first thing I'm doing is putting a tail on everyone that I KNOW is on his crew.)

They've kinda written themselves into a weird place with Felicity, because all the shippers are invested in seeing her ultimately get together with Oliver, but the way this season has played out, it would make absolutely no character sense for that to happen. Her position is so at odds with Oliver, and Ray has been written as so perfect for her, the only logical conclusion is for her to leave with Ray when he moves over to whatever the new show is going to be.

Maybe the point of the current story arch is to strip the team back down to just Ollie and Diggle?  Maybe I'm way off, but I feel like this could easily go that route.  The team has a great deal of distrust in him already, at least on certain things.  They've questioned his motives like never before.  Now either he, Roy, or both are about to be locked up.  I could see this as their way to write out Roy, and possible Thea to a partial degree

Anybody know anything?

they just shipped out the replacement discs mid-February, so if you find a newly produced set, maybe. but how you could tell the difference is anyone's guess. 

i'll second Zeidler's idea

Here's your Suicide Squad cast.

CCHA5eqUoAAvnXB.jpg

Some of these parts are rumored but let's just fill them in for now.

Top: David Ayer (Director), Joel Kinnaman (Rick Flagg), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Adam Beach (Ravan), Jim Parrack (Deathstroke), Ike Barinholtz (Hugo Strange).

Bottom: Will Smith (Deadshot), Karen Fukuhara (Plastique), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Cara Delevingne (Enchantress).

Missing: Jared Leto (Joker), Scott Eastwood (Steve Trevor),  Raymond Olubowale (King Shark), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor)

• Like 2