DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Excuse the double post but the more I play the game, the more the little things stick out to me. Like the above of not being able to just turn on count outs or DQs from anywhere. Or if I use a champion in a match then it's a title match automatically and I can't turn that off. Are these reasons to not but the game? No, but they're just annoying enough that they're in my mind. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I had hoped you could just do matches with no DQs and no countouts and with KOs turned out, but KOs aren't even in the game sadly. I also doubt it's something they could patch in. Plus, matches go way too fast for a KO to even matter.

13 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Or if I use a champion in a match then it's a title match automatically and I can't turn that off.

Select a champion > Options > Championship > Off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Still playing a ton, I love the game more and more as I play it. I love the entrance controls and the signature/finisher setups. As I've said before, upping the difficulty definitely improved gameplay, but I'm finding it way too hard to kick out of pinfalls. I won't even be below 50% health and get pinned after a basic strike knocks me down sometimes. 

I've unlocked Brodie Lee and Paul Wight, which is cool.  There's a reddit thread and a spreadsheet for all the different paths.  I couldn't figure out the spreadsheet but there was enough info in the thread to go on.  If anyone needs to know, I can fill you in.  Now I'm going to work on unlocking Owen.

There are some fun fourth-wall breaking dialog spots.  Ruby mentions that you're in a game.  Sammy tells you he has nothing to do because "we're not in the Inner Circle block."  When not in the DO block and you meet Brodie, he says "in another lifetime, you're with me in the Dark Order."  I love that goofy shit.

Two complaints:

The fact that there are alternate attires for wrestlers BUT you need to go in and build them as presets before you can use them is lame.  Also, I can't figure out how to change to a different preset during RTE.  There's a point in the Dark Order storyline where JR mentions that you should wear a DO shirt for a match.  I made  anew preset but couldn't see how to enable it during RTE.  Luckily, I don't think it affected anything.

Minigames are fun but there are a LOT of them outside the base 4-5, and you unlock them one at a time by completing RTE.  That's a lot of grinding.

FYI, for unlocking Owen:

Spoiler

You have to compete in 100 "Normal" exhibition matches. It doesn't seem like Lights Out or Falls Count Anywhere matches count toward that total. I hit 100 and no Owen, so I looked for answers online. Keeping it to Normal matches seemed to do it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Log said:

FYI, for unlocking Owen:

Hide contents

You have to compete in 100 "Normal" exhibition matches. It doesn't seem like Lights Out or Falls Count Anywhere matches count toward that total. I hit 100 and no Owen, so I looked for answers online. Keeping it to Normal matches seemed to do it.

Thanks!  I was wondering that.  It sucks because the "challenges" screen only records Exhibitions and doesn't break it down, so I have no idea where I am because my daughter is really into playing against me in death matches.  I'm either a great parent or the worst.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Thanks!  I was wondering that.  It sucks because the "challenges" screen only records Exhibitions and doesn't break it down, so I have no idea where I am because my daughter is really into playing against me in death matches.  I'm either a great parent or the worst.

Exact same thing happened to me. My son always wants matches with weapons or the barbwire match.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Log said:

Exact same thing happened to me. My son always wants matches with weapons or the barbwire match.

It's absolutely about wanting to do something they think they're not supposed to be doing.  We went from simple exhibition matches to her shyly asking how to get blood.  It was a slippery slope to FMW from there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It's absolutely about wanting to do something they think they're not supposed to be doing.  We went from simple exhibition matches to her shyly asking how to get blood.  It was a slippery slope to FMW from there. 

Sorry to derail this thread for a minute, but this past weekend, my son was at a neighbor's house playing Wii. He got too close to the kid who was playing and got hit hard in the eye with a controller. He came home crying and bleeding pretty good from a cut next to his eye (luckily not too close to it!). Once he settled down, I told him he did look pretty cool with the cut and blood and all. He asks me to let him see in a mirror. I hold him up, and he says, "Yeah, I look like Jon Moxley!"

• Haha 9

Always make sure the kid protects the biz.

My daughter's only contributions to watching Collision with me were that Punk "looks like a YouTuber" and that Joe was "fat."  She called out his fatness enough times that I need to have a discussion with the missus regarding whether Scott Steiner may have stopped by the house 9 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Did 2 BTE runs, 1 with Danielson and the other with my CAW, and both times in the fatal 4 way DON match at the end Chris Jericho won in literally 2-3 minutes by pinning 1 of the non-me players.

For that four way, buy the power up that gives you unlimited finishers.  You’ll win every time.

Playing as Wardlow is super fun.  I've seen complaints because the Powerbomb Symphony isn't his finisher.  But hey, he has a gutwrench powerbomb as a signature.  You can hit two of those and then do his finish and there ya go.

He also has a sweet-ass F5000 as a sig AND he still has the Casualty of War as a corner finish, which is just brutal.

• Like 4

Got back last weekend from vacation and while I had lots of fun on the Switch version it's just so much better on Series X.  I had to head out and was so addicted to playing that I had to be reminded almost constantly.  I currently am catching up on giant wads of wrestling that I missed but once done I'm playing the crap out of this.  It's limited, yeah, but it just feel so damn right.

Oh, right, AEW Games Discord is for once actually worth following.  Tons of questions being answered and there's guides which help a lot.  https://discord.com/invite/SAhKUszxCM

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Got the “Founders Fall” storyline with Wardlow.  Capped it off by powerbombing the fuuuuuck out of the Bucks in a handicap match.  Should have recorded it for @just drew

Paint me a word picture…

• Haha 2

Playing Road to Elite with my bootleg HHH CAW. Tag matches are a mess, but so far enjoying the game as a whole.

It definitely is an homage to the old AKI games of the N64 era. It’s nowhere near the legendary status those games have, but right now this game definitely scratches my wrestling game itch.

Some things I just don't get the thought process on here. In the AKI games we have very simple but effective wrestler edit for the regular roster. You could swap in any existing outfit and do color swaps on them / hair swaps etc. Every character had 4 outfit slots. That was such a simple and sweet system. You could have Crow Sting, Wolfpac Sting, Neon Surfer Sting, & Red White & Blue GAB Sting. Later on No Mercy let you swap in anyone's theme or video for each existing guy's slots too. You could even name change slot as some of the women were overlap ones. Like Linda / a Ho / two other women were all one slot. I'm just curious in a game that is such an homage to those games, why did they decide against it?

On here the presets don't save correctly. I have added new ones and they're gone next time I boot up. I have deleted some of the dumb gold outfits. They are back next time I boot up. I unlocked the Young Bucks epic outfits. Only Matt saves as a preset, but Nick will reset every time and not be there. You can't edit to make different versions of the character. Like they puit the Lionheart Jericho tron in there, but we can't even edit that into a preset for Jericho. Why did they make it so janky & complicated?

• Like 2

Finished RtE with my bootleg HHH CAW by squashing the Bucks in a 2 on 1 match thus becoming EVP of AEW. I already brutally beat up Cody, but lost to him by Dusty finish. Then I squashed Kenny. Honestly you cant make this up. 😂

• Like 1