DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So I doubt we're going to have a March Madness this year, but I'd be up for running 1 round/week (maybe 2, maybe; the diminishing returns hit quickly) of Secret Santo* if people want to do it instead. 

*1. People add their names to the pool. 
2. People get matched with a random draw.
3. People research some of their match-ee's posts to get a sense of what they like, their blind zones, etc. Maybe ask what they have access to.
4. People suggest a match for their partner to review, something they think their partner would like but hasn't seen (or would hate hilariously, but come on, don't be a jerk). If they haven't seen it yet, they take the next week to watch it and write it up.
5. Redraw on week 2 if the first week goes really well.

If there's interest, I'd start a thread. 

Edit: Glad to see one or two people responding. So we don't flood the thread, give me a like here if you're interested and we can see if there's enough to go with it.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 9

So this month, AEW has a not-Wargames double ring cage match on the 25th, WWE has the Elimination Chamber event on the 8th featuring like three Elimination Chamber matches, NXT has two Cage Matches on Wednesday the 4th, and Impact has Lockdown (an all cage match show) on Impact Plus on the 28th.

By April Fool's Day, we're going to be sick of chain link.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, Jun Akiyama is going to guest coach at the PC and meet with Triple H. Insert "NXT Japan" speculation here. (Apologies if this is already in a different thread)

It isn't too late to run Cena/Akiyama at Mania

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I kinda do hope he goes to AEW and revives the Broken Matt gimmick as the leader of Dark Order.   But that saddles him with Dark Order and he deserves better than that.

I think it would be great to see Broken Matt Hardy with the Dark Order. Imagine all of the great vignettes we'd get from the compound. I know they'd probably shell out a lot of money for production. He doesn't even have to wrestle. Just let everyone else handle his dirty work and then wrestle one big match at the end of the feud. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, Jun Akiyama is going to guest coach at the PC and meet with Triple H. Insert "NXT Japan" speculation here. (Apologies if this is already in a different thread)

PLEASE GOD NO.

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

I bet RoH outbid AEW and give Matt Hardy control of the company if he signs for them instead.

It could lead to a good storyline having Matt Hardy's team Vs Marty Scurll's team and the winner gets the power of ROH.

27 minutes ago, AxB said:

I bet RoH outbid AEW and give Matt Hardy control of the company if he signs for them instead.

ROH changing head booker for this month's hot free agent, every single month, would be amazing.

Sorry Marty but Matt is my best friend now

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Now I'm wondering who the current NXT equivalent of Tyler Breeze is that they could give Akiyama to open a card with... that isn't Tyler Breeze, I mean.

Probably Dijak. Doesn't win title matches, wins and loses, but a big deal is made out of him.

I would have shot Dijak and Lee both to the main roster forever ago, but if I was running things, I'd do a hell of a lot of other things differently too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What is Brother Nero's contract situation? 

He has had time added on due to all his injuries.

How much is probably only known by Vince

(If I was guessing - probably a year was added)

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Probably in rehab or something

He was just announced as appearing on one of those random WWE talk shows this week (either the Bump or that one that CM Punk occasionally shows up on)

I still don't even know what the Bump is on. I just see clips for it pop up here and there. Then I wonder why they have the Bump when they already have Backstage. I assume the Bump is internet only.