DVDVR Message Board

NXT - WINTER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Looks like he's in, BT Sport's WWE twitter featured him. Now whether he goes to NXT Florida or rejoins the rest of Ringkampf in NXT UK, that'll be a question. Although I think there's a decent chance that the UE are main roster bound after Mania, with Imperium going to Florida to fill the spots thus vacated.

Still, whilst I quite like the idea of Timothy Thatcher having Timothy Thatcher matches on the bigger stage, I'm not too keen on seeing Timothy Thatcher having generic WWE matches, when he's capable of being so much more interesting than that.

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Looks like he's in, BT Sport's WWE twitter featured him. Now whether he goes to NXT Florida or rejoins the rest of Ringkampf in NXT UK, that'll be a question. Although I think there's a decent chance that the UE are main roster bound after Mania, with Imperium going to Florida to fill the spots thus vacated.

Still, whilst I quite like the idea of Timothy Thatcher having Timothy Thatcher matches on the bigger stage, I'm not too keen on seeing Timothy Thatcher having generic WWE matches, when he's capable of being so much more interesting than that.

Do you realize how many times that's been said over the past like, two years? I don't think you'll see moves like that anymore since NXT is on cable now, either. It's gotta be treated like an actual brand - if Cole and company leave, it needs to be because of a trade, not that they've graduated to the big time or whatever.

And I really doubt WALTER is going to cave and move to the States. He's said he's hated working the Survivor Series match, for example. And has no desire to live in the United States. I saw a post on Reddit that it wouldn't be WWE if they didn't sign an indie guy with a indie storyline in mind to rehash, so yeah I'm sure Thatcher will join Imperium (and Ilja will be the one to defeat WALTER eventually).

9 hours ago, Casey said:

And I really doubt WALTER is going to cave and move to the States. He's said he's hated working the Survivor Series match, for example. And has no desire to live in the United States.

He did say that many many times, but on the other hand money talks. ?‍♂️

For what it's worth he's  barely working any Indies anymore, not even the WWE-affiliated ones.

He was the head trainer of the wXw Academy and he handed that position over to someone else in January of this year.

I also remember a time, when he was only working for wXw and said on podcasts he has no interest in working the Indies, especially talking very negatively about what he called "dream match factories" like PWG and Revolution Pro. A year later he was working for both of those promotions and everywhere else.

Edited by The Z

NXT has a house show in Oshkosh, WI in a couple of weeks. It looks like they have only sold a few hundred tickets in an arena that has a 3,500 seat capacity.

NXT is running Milwaukee the day before, and only SRO tickets remain for that show. Oshkosh is an odd choice. I’m a little surprised NXT didn’t try running Madison, LaCrosse, or Rochester since their Sunday show is in St. Paul. 

For what it's worth, and that's not saying much since they kayfabe everything...

The NXT injury report listed Tomasso Ciampa as having an ankle injury, status unknown. 

(Also Adam Cole got 3 staples, bay bay.)

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Derp. My bad. I thought he was married to Scarlett Bordeaux, but they're just girlfriend/boyfriend now. 

No worries,  I googled it and for some reason it was a bunch of articles about him attacking John Morrison and his wife in TNA.