Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Or you have the consensus critical opinion that after he left the band steadily got worse and worse. Personally, I don't care.

You are correct sir... Genesis was nothing without Collins. They were a corpse by the time Phil, and the Ultimate Warrior teamed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

Who could pull off Phil Collins' gear the best out of the current crop of wrestlers?
 
The hood would help to differentiate the generic 'bald guy with beard' look of a lot of WWE guys...maybe Ricochet? 

Although with the H(e)art motif, Teddy could adopt it as one of his more understated looks.  

Edited by Custos
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Custos said:
  Hide contents

 

Who could pull off Phil Collins' gear the best out of the current crop of wrestlers?
 
The hood would help to differentiate the generic 'bald guy with beard' look of a lot of WWE guys...maybe Ricochet? 

Although with the H(e)art motif, Teddy could adopt it as one of his more understated looks.  

Shorty Gable of course. Seriously his trunks are currently too plain for his new name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best Genesis album is Duke, that artsy proggy Peter Gabriel fronted stuff is atrocious no matter what the Collins-hating music media try and make you think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard Dave talk about Stardom being bought and it seemed like a pretty good move.  It's basically saying they have more financial backing with some kind of TV show and more marketing coming.  I'm not familiar with any shady shit Bushiroad may have done so from what I heard this can only be a good thing for Stardom.  The only thing that may be impacted is if they decided to put their stuff on New Japan World which is now technically possible.  It may not happen but if it did that would essentially take away the need for Stardom World.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

The best Genesis album is Duke, that artsy proggy Peter Gabriel fronted stuff is atrocious no matter what the Collins-hating music media try and make you think.

Duke to Abacab to Genesis to invisible Touch is a run of four consecutive great albums...they really don't fall off until We Can't Dance...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t sleep on “...And Then There Were Three”. That’s a great mid-point for Genesis before they went completely pop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the radio show - Dave confirmed that WWE was trying to buy Stardom as they wanted the women to be the backbone of NXT Japan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

On the radio show - Dave confirmed that WWE was trying to buy Stardom as they wanted the women to be the backbone of NXT Japan

So far WWE's venture into Japan is going about as well as the UFC trying to establish a foothold in Japan.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that's two Japanese promotions they've missed out on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE has also met with Dragon Gate officials few months ago so probably that thing also went nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Colt supposed to be a reformed arsonist, or is CPD just really sloppy?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon Gate is probably worth a hell of a lot more than NOAH. I don't think Japanese companies take too kindly to American ones trying to come in and strong arm them into selling with the way WWE does their business. Regardless of how much money they throw at them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pete said:

So is Colt supposed to be a reformed arsonist, or is CPD just really sloppy?

Same twist in Backdraft.

 

...Oh fuck, spoilers.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dragon Gate is probably worth a hell of a lot more than NOAH. I don't think Japanese companies take too kindly to American ones trying to come in and strong arm them into selling with the way WWE does their business. Regardless of how much money they throw at them.

Hopefully they noticed what happened with the UK. I rather work around a big company that plays nice(NJPW), over a company that slowly sucks your blood until your corpse is dry(WWE). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Japanese scene has almost everyone signed to one company or another, with only a handful of freelancers (and even then, a lot of the freelancers seem to mostly work one company as their main). Whereas in the UK scene before WWE signed everyone, nobody was really contracted to anything, except the people with WoS deals, which all expired anyway. So Vince's usual hostile takeover tactic is not so much of an option in this environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOAH's owners have money, it's just a matter of not having many avenues to use to grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's several other promotions WWE could buy. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, D.Z said:

There's several other promotions WWE could buy. 
 

Zero-1 for instants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxB said:

The Japanese scene has almost everyone signed to one company or another, with only a handful of freelancers (and even then, a lot of the freelancers seem to mostly work one company as their main). Whereas in the UK scene before WWE signed everyone, nobody was really contracted to anything, except the people with WoS deals, which all expired anyway. So Vince's usual hostile takeover tactic is not so much of an option in this environment.

Not only that, but even if someone's contract was coming due, they probably wouldn't dare jump to NXT Japan and risk blackballing if NXT Japan doesn't succeed out of the gate. 

All of these considered, it's just weird WWE doesn't just do the smart move and say "fuck it, let's base NXT-Asia in China where we'll basically own the country and have more money".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Zero-1 for instants.

BJW and Sendai and etc. W-1 might be the best fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

It's just weird WWE doesn't just do the smart move and say "fuck it, let's base NXT-Asia in China where we'll basically own the country and have more money".

Smart move? Yeah, because the response to doing Saudi Arabia shows has been so positive!

200.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've done shows in China.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the stuff with Hong Kong started and more and more information has come out about their ethnic cleansing of the Uighur muslims?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were in Shanghai just a little under a month ago (9/21).

Edited by Casey
words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...