DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer noted that the WWE in Japan is going to be a real challenge because like Mexico - the WWE fans in Japan want to see the WWE.

They don't want to see what is basically "your country's wrestling only watered down" (that is me paraphrasing Dave's thought)

So basically they want to see RAW or Smackdown not NXT

What stops WWE from making NXT:Japan more like RAW and Smackdown?

36 minutes ago, Archibald said:

What stops WWE from making NXT:Japan more like RAW and Smackdown?

My impression from that was that they wanted to see Raw/Smackdown superstars, not that they wanted to see Raw/Smackdown styled shows.

That said, I doubt they’d have any trouble finding superstars to do a few tours for NXT:Japan.

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m telling you, just get back to back to back ads of King Cobra Malt Liquor, and Crown Royale. “King Cobra! Don’t let the smooth taste fool you.”

I mean "Crown Royale presents The Crown Jewel , live from Saudi Arabia", does write itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is surprising to me about Fox Smackdown is the sameyness of it all. The deal was announced over a year ago. Plenty of money has been thrown around (Fury, Velazquez, and a rumored Punk) and yet it feels like they put lipstick on a pig. The tired format is the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyJ said:

What is surprising to me about Fox Smackdown is the sameyness of it all. The deal was announced over a year ago. Plenty of money has been thrown around (Fury, Velazquez, and a rumored Punk) and yet it feels like they put lipstick on a pig. The tired format is the same.

It’s really hard to book a two hour show. You need 3 hours, and an overrun to make sense of it all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Problem: Your weekly TV shows should not be as long as your major shows/PPVs.

WWE's solution: Make PPVs even longer! Six-hour WrestleManias sound good! Let's go for it! Throw some pre-show on top of our three-hour shows! That should work!

NBC had a lot to do with the improved presentation of the company in the '80s, post-SNME. I take it from this thread that Fox is not exactly NBC in this regard. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

No offense to Peter Gabriel, and his marks. Prior to Phil Collins beautiful vocals, and pulse pounding drums, you could say any name you want, and anybody would believe you. That’s how unmemorable he was as lead singer. If you could call what he was doing back then as “singing”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1