DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

So wrestlers wanting out of WWE this year: Dean Ambrose, The Revival, Sasha Banks, Luke Harper, Rhyno, Gallows/Anderson and Tye Dillinger. Dean Malenko was an Agent and he's also gone.

Edited by The Natural

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

So wrestlers wanting out of WWE this year: Dean Ambrose, The Revival, Sasha Banks, Luke Harper, Rhyno, Gallows/Anderson and Tye Dillinger.

Don't forget KENTA

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Why has this Lars thing reappeared? Because he's getting a push? And why are WWE stars falling for being bated? Social media is the dirt worst

This has less to do with social media and if anything, social media is being useful in this regarding because it's putting more attention on someone that is a piece of shit.

This came back up again because a posted on Reddit compiled each and every single dirty thing Lars has said on forums and elsewhere with either links or screenshots and it was a whole lot more than what originally came up months ago. That quickly gain traction and attention from multiple people in WWE and elsewhere.

• Like 3

God, this may be crazy talk, but it feels like there's a ton of money being left on the table if we never get Charlotte w/ Ric in her corner vs Tessa w/ Tully in her corner.

Also, be warned about the room getting dusty.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Look I love Steve Weber, but I don’t think adding another old NBC sitcom as another WWE alternative to my line-up is the right thing.

15 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This post is gonna make Tromatagon mad about you. 

I don't know about you guys, but I don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

...and yet they trot out Mojo Rawley out there every week yelling at --- whatever purple demon monster his steroid fucked brain has hallucinated in front of him.

Just you wait! One day yelwaR ojoM, which is Mojo Rawley spelled backwards(This will be repeated on commentary) will debut.

Actually a wrestler who does everything in reverse doesn’t sound like a bad payoff to this angle with Mojo, and the mirror. He can always do a reverse version of wrestling moves. Enter, and exit the ring in reverse. Cut a promo in reverse. Etc, etc, etc...

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Just you wait! One day yelwaR ojoM, which is Mojo Rawley spelled backwards(This will be repeated on commentary) will debut.

Actually a wrestler who does everything in reverse doesn’t sound like a bad payoff to this angle with Mojo, and the mirror. He can always do a reverse version of wrestling moves. Enter, and exit the ring in reverse. Cut a promo in reverse. Etc, etc, etc...

It won't feel right unless Mike Tenay is telling us yelwaR ojoM is Mojo Rawley spelled backwards.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

God, this may be crazy talk, but it feels like there's a ton of money being left on the table if we never get Charlotte w/ Ric in her corner vs Tessa w/ Tully in her corner.

Also, be warned about the room getting dusty.

I don't know, man. I can't see WWE letting go of Charlotte. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

You know Eric Bischoff is somewhere wishing that he could have ruined WCW and then tried to buy it at a cut-rate price about fifteen years later. Fusient would have definitely gained a TV deal somewhere to keep the company going. 

36 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Big E and Becky have a funny and slightly lewd Twitter thing going on today about Ma Lynch.  Who was definitely settle down material in her youth.

Sorry to double-post, but I just checked this out, and honestly, it reminds me of something that the great Roger Ebert used to say about bad movies with great casts. He'd say, and I'm paraphrasing, that he would have rather just watched ninety minutes of the actors having lunch and talking to one another because that would have been more interesting.

You can probably just map that onto current day WWE, I'm guessing. Who needs three hours of RAW or Smackdown? Just get ten or twelve of the wrestlers on the show to sit around goofing with one another for three hours, and you have an immediately better show that people will actually enjoy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Sorry to double-post, but I just checked this out, and honestly, it reminds me of something that the great Roger Ebert used to say about bad movies with great casts. He'd say, and I'm paraphrasing, that he would have rather just watched ninety minutes of the actors having lunch and talking to one another because that would have been more interesting.

You can probably just map that onto current day WWE, I'm guessing. Who needs three hours of RAW or Smackdown? Just get ten or twelve of the wrestlers on the show to sit around goofing with one another for three hours, and you have an immediately better show that people will actually enjoy. 

You're right on that one.  I was thoroughly entertained with Becky and Big E's Twitter exchange.  I also love how Becky got a pic of her mom in response to what Lacey said (EDIT:  DouglasC put it up in the pictures thread)

FWIW I know they have done Youtube shows where it's people watching the shows.  They were advertising it for Wrestlemania and it was actually pretty neat while skimming through it.  If they do it again I might check out the next one but hope that they have people entertaining enough to make it worthwhile.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I think y'all are really overestimating some people's appetite for watching other people "goof." 

I'm not saying I prefer that over great wrestling.  But if given the choice between the horribly wooden promos they do weekly and people shooting the shit I'd much rather take that.  And you could make feuds out of that if you bring in some antagonists to stir shit up.

But hey, I'm just a guy bored out of his mind at work brainstorming.  I could be way off base but it's not like they'll do it anyway (unless you count the WM video I mentioned earlier)

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I think y'all are really overestimating some people's appetite for watching other people "goof." 

Not really.

At least not in comparison to the sub-mediocre shows that people are increasingly watching less.

If the shows were good, you'd have a point.