DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

I bought it for Xbone...and I love it again....except for...

Already found my first bug. Got the golden claw and dragon stone now all the guards in Whiterun and Riverwood are attacking me. Oh Skyrim...never change.

I'm hoping someone can create a save conversion tool soon for Xbox 360 to Xbox One or whatever, so I can convince upgrading my copy. My wife has a 60 hour save that she will probably never touch but doesn't want to give up.

That's interesting since mods don't shut off Steam acheivements.

They got some of the good ones on that list so far.  They need the "no-blur Kill moves" and the ebony dragonbone mods.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I legitimately can't remember what race I played at the last time

Now I am remembering why it takes me so long to play these games - I will spend today making sure I created the right character

Having to create a new character is what is preventing me from playing this.  I'd like to play the DLC, since I never got round to it before, but no way am I putting the time in to level up as much as I did last time again.  I understand why the would not have characters carry over, though.

I was at the point where I remembered nothing about my character except being trapped in a death cycle

I did feel that moment of panic already because I couldn't remember if I started with the Imperials or the Stormcloaks at the start. 

Oh well - already accidentally spend all my gold because bartering doesn't work the same as Fallout 4 does

• Like 1

If you're a PC player, I just realized that Steam dropped Skyrim Special Editioon on everyone that already owns Skyrim and the add ons for free.  Once the mods are running for it, I might actually DL it.

Oh yeah - its all coming back to me now

Battling that first dragon at Whiterun.

It is is basically dead so I get ballsy because I want to deliver the killing blow via my axe (not through archery like we have been picking away at it)

Get to the dragon - it swings its head and immediately grabs me and flings me across the map insta-killing me

• Like 4

On 11/27/2016 at 6:18 PM, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - its all coming back to me now

Battling that first dragon at Whiterun.

It is is basically dead so I get ballsy because I want to deliver the killing blow via my axe (not through archery like we have been picking away at it)

Get to the dragon - it swings its head and immediately grabs me and flings me across the map insta-killing me

Yeah, you totally forgot how unforgiving this game is. 

Nothing is worse than almost making it to the town you're trying to get to only to be randomly attacked on the road by a dragon or a gigantic fucking bear.

• Like 2

Dragons were never that difficult for me, but those fucking bears were another story. I remember one of them chasing my ass for the longest time when I was first traveling to the Greybeards's area. I never did beat the game or finish the one DLC I picked up. I keep wondering if I should do that before or just restart with SE whenever I pick it up.

Clue 3 is when you get 100% Enchanting, and you make it so your helmet, armour, gloves and boots all take 25% of the Mana cost of destruction spells away. Because that 100% of the cost and you're now a living lightning machine gun.

• Like 1

That really is the problem with the Bethesda games. The jump from nerdlinger to indestructible bad ass is too quick and too powerful. Fallout 4 went from a pretty damn fun challenge to a slog because the skill tree and power armour are heck of over powering.