DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

It's funny that you said that because this morning I got my first time she tried to bail mid-dragon fight.

I really need to get another follower I can trust because she needs to rest at Whiterun for awhile

I have no idea why people take Lydia out adventuring.

She is your housecarl.  Let her carl one of your fucking houses and not get in your way when the shit goes down.

Lydia got me into too much trouble anyway.  I accidentally punched an innocent bar patron while in a fistfight with that dumb Nord Bard in order to get him stop harassing that female Breton merchant and suddenly Lydia is trying to fucking kill everyone in the tavern..

I had to reload my game.

• Like 1

I have never had any problems with her like that.

Well except that one time she charged head first at a Giant but that worked out just fine since she was a literally meat shield as I safely sniped that fucker 

The reason I like using house carls is because when the game eventually fucks up (and it always does) I know they will safely be in my house with my crap

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

Housecarl means bodyguard or soldier. It's not House meaning home, it's House meaning noble family.

I don't really give a fuck about the definition or semantics.  If she's mine to command, then her job is to keep an eye on the crib while I go handle business.  That's my command.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When Jenn puts out a Dark Brotherhood contract on JT, he has no one to blame but himself

This is why we carry many many vials of paralysis poison and at least one Conjure Atronach scroll.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oof.... I forgot Sapphire's backstory

That was not a jolly way to start the morning

That is the saddest thing in the game.  How did you forget that?

I ninja cleared five bandit camps out of pure rage after hearing that story.

Oh and in case you didn't know:

Spoiler

Her father is Glover Mallory, the blacksmith in Raven Rock who is also a member of the Thieves Guild.  IIRC if you do the Paid In Full side quest you will get access to Glover's house and find the letter that is evidence that Glover is Sapphire's father.

If you give her the letter, you get major props and an Exquisite Sapphire that you can either sell, keep, or use in jewelry crafting.

Oh thank God - finally got my home in Riften again. Now I can finally organize shit.

As much as I with mock JT for taking forever outfitting his characters - I spend FAR too much time organizing my book shelves

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Today in Lydia idiocy

We leave a cave and as soon as we get outside "Hey look! A cave!"

You don't say Lydia. You don't say

I have long suspected/imagined Lydia has a metal plate in her head after some traumatic huscarling-related head injury in her pre-Dovahkiin career (hence why Jarl Balgruuf is happy to unload her on you) even though that's beyond the scope of faux-medieval Skyrim's medical technology.

A time traveling Dwemer Doctor put it there, I guess.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh thank God - finally got my home in Riften again. Now I can finally organize shit.

Few things were worse in Skyrim than returning back from my adventures to an unfurnished house and have Lydia just walking around doing nothing and looking sad.

I think the first thing I bought for my house in Whiterun was the dining room so there would at least be a fireplace there to keep the crib warm and there was stuff to eat.

Couldn't have my housecarl starving to death.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, RIPPA said:

As much as I with mock JT for taking forever outfitting his characters - I spend FAR too much time organizing my book shelves

The thought of you checking hint books and tearing out what little hair you have left out of your head looking for that rare volume of A Brief History Of The Empire makes me smile.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Spent 45 minutes transporting books from one crib to another and making potions.

Guilty as charged. 

My Khajiit Stealth Killer was all about making poisons, stamina potions, and healing potions for adventuring so I could literally spend a couple hours going back and forth to vendors and chlling at my house at the alchemy table making potions to boost my skill.

One thing I never did in Skyrim was find a good spell to boost my Illusion skill up early.  When I played Morrowind, I always had scrolls of Wind Walk or used an Invisibility spell to move about freely without incident and I got my Illusion skill up early by using Minor Clairvoyance and Minor Fury.

I didn't do if often since I was a Rogue type and had shit for a Magicka pool.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well Alchemy is an easy way at the start to level up AND make money - so that is another reason I am doing it

I made most of my money blacksmithing and jewelrycrafting which is why I raided a lot of bandit camps to squat on their mining operations. 

I mostly kept the results of my Alchemy dabbling for my own use because I needed supplementary healing (and maybe a disease cure) to help me drag out and survive fights where I needed to get smacked around a bit to level up my Light Armor skill. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, RIPPA said:

I really need to get another follower I can trust because she needs to rest at Whiterun for awhile

I had pretty good luck using the female Nord Warrior at the inn that you can recruit if you can beat her in a fist fight.   She was a beast with a good two hander.

There is a female Dunmer Shadowblade at The Drunken Huntsman, but I don't know how reliable she is.