DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the wiki - that is suppose to happen and thus I am justified in my choices 

Not to make you kvetch, but it is also very possible that Kematu honors his word and takes Saadia back to Hammerfall where she receives a fair trial, is found guilty, and is then executed for her crime.

The reason for her burial urn ending up in the Whiterun Hall of the Dead being that the Hammerfall government wasn't exactly thrilled about a idea of Redguard traitor receiving the honor of being buried in the homeland she sold out to the Aldmer, so the Redguards shipped Saadia's ashes back to Whiterun for internment..

Grasping and straws and overanalysis not withstanding, that sounds like a very Redguard thing to do.

As long as it took for Ferdinand Marcos to be put to rest, it also sounds like a very Filipino thing to do.

• Like 1

It is hard to say no to Saadia.  I've been there. 

Video games decisions never incorporate the Bros Before Hos rule.

I feel less like a sucker whenever I help Kematu, but then I get the urge to take a scalding hot shower and scrub away the dishonor after the Alik'r spring the trap and capture Saadia..

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

JUSTIFIED IN MY ACTIONS!

It wouldn't be the first time we've been punked out by a video game damsel in distress.

*cough* Nassana Dantius. *cough*

At least Bioware gave us the opportunity to correct that lapse in judgment..... right before possibly getting played like a board game again by Elmyra if you don't take the Renegade option when she pulls her shotgun on you.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Shit. 

My beloved significant other in her kindness got me a 1 TB XBone Gears of War 4 bundle for Christmas.

I am going to have to find a used copy of this stupid game now, aren't I?

PS4 version if half-off at gamestop. I imagine the XB1 would be the same right now.

I am playing for the first time in a week and I was like "Okay - I can't forget what I was about to do"

And of course I fire up my save and have no idea what I was about to do

Okay - so I remembered quickly after starting. Basically I had just started the A Cursed Tribe quest and I was trying to decide if I wanted to back to an earlier save because the Orc who can be a potential follower had already been killed by a Giant before I got there.

Oh well - sucks for him

• Like 1

So if Belethor dies does anyone take over his shop/ I have to ask because I'm havin trouble trying to keep him alive at the moment. First he was murdered by Severio for seemingly no real reason. Then vampires apparently killed him during the day time. I don't like losing shop keepers so its kind of annoying me.

I just went back to an older save. I have to admit if Ysolda really does replace him I might leave him to his fate next time. So are vampire attacks like the dragon attacks where they increase in chance of happening if you fast travel? I always hated that.

Today in "Only With Lydia"

Went to return Viola's ring. Sneak in replace it and then Lydia gets trapped in the house. When I realize it and go back to get her, she yells at me that I'm not supposed to be there.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In looking around - a couple of people said Ysolda took over in their games but I am not 100% sure that is true.

It is Ysolda. However, another shopkeeper doesn't get replaced...

Spoiler

If Adrianne dies, she doesn't get replaced. When you ask her husband where he gets his stuff from, he sadly says from trading caravans.

Had another vampire attack last night. I just reloaded a save to make sure it was night time when it happened. Way easier to keep named people alive then. Then of course as I'm leaving Whiterun I find out the guys who had run the horse stable  were murdered. I'm not sure when or by who, but ti certainly feels life death is bit more random and active than when I played a few years ago. I wonder if its because I installed Dawnguard when I was in my 50s back then.

I am entertained that at Level 40 on my 2nd playthrough and I finally went and visited the Greybeards and promptly got a tutorial on how to use Shouts.

Yeah - I think I figured that out already fellas.

Trying to recall do dragons start showing up regularly once you beat the first one or after you meet the Greybeards? I originally held off on fighting the first one since it slaughtered everyone including myself, but I'm probably strong enough and now and wonder if I should. Also how early do people usually end up buying the Hearthfire home?

32 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Trying to recall do dragons start showing up regularly once you beat the first one or after you meet the Greybeards? I originally held off on fighting the first one since it slaughtered everyone including myself, but I'm probably strong enough and now and wonder if I should. Also how early do people usually end up buying the Hearthfire home?

As near as I can tell, you start getting Dragons in the wild once you do the quest at Kynesgrove.

I just bought the Falkreath home at level 25. I first bought the Whiterun house, and had trouble keeping enough money on hand for a while.