DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

12 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

As near as I can tell, you start getting Dragons in the wild once you do the quest at Kynesgrove.

I just bought the Falkreath home at level 25. I first bought the Whiterun house, and had trouble keeping enough money on hand for a while.

Cool then I think I might do both soon. I only realize now after heading through some of the area that I've never even been to Falkreath area until now.

The Dragons start appearing after you fight the one at the West Watchtower outside of Whiterun.(Which is the quest before seeing the Greybeards)

So yeah - there are people who will go and hit all the Word Walls before going to the West Watchtower as the dragons aren't protecting some of them

Also - I have bought two full properties now (meaning the ones that come with the DLC)

I added a library to one of them and now am in heaven. So many bookcases...

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Dragons start appearing after you fight the one at the West Watchtower outside of Whiterun.(Which is the quest before seeing the Greybeards)

So yeah - there are people who will go and hit all the Word Walls before going to the West Watchtower as the dragons aren't protecting some of them

Thanks, this is good to know. I think I will wait a while. I don't plan on hitting every word wall or anything. I just want to be able to do some of the big stories w/o having to worry about dragons flying into cities to murder me. I already have to worry about this crap with Dawnguard and vampires.

I am really starting to think my saves are corrupted which is going to eventually piss me off

I noticed really early on that each of my save files was one off. Basically - the save would be like "Whiterun" (and whatever time) but the picture would be of me in Riften (because this is where the next save took place). Basically - the photo that accompanies the save was wrong. But everything loaded probably and I was like "It is Skyrim being Skyrim"

But the new thing (that has been happening since the weekend) is I will load up a game and it will immediately save I am over encumbered. And I act like I am over encumbered. So I have to them go into my item screen and then back out and suddenly my weight will reset to the correct amount.

And this isn't even counting the normal Skyrim issues 

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hmmm... I don't remember slaughtering this many Wizard's Guard the last time I tried to get to Calcelmo's Lab.

I must have done something wrong

I did this part a couple days ago, and you do seem to need to have more sneak points than before. They also didn't die as much to the traps in the room as before. I had Calcelmo's nephew actually survive, which was a first.

Yeah - I got to the end and killed his nephew and I was like "Oh man - I feel bad about that"

Because my first playthrough I definitely remember being able to get to the lab and then him showing up with the guards and being able to avoid the whole fight by just exiting the room

God bless late birthday presents - just got this from my buddy and I might as well just give up on finishing all the Mass Effects cause this is gonna suck away my time for the new few months.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CSC said:

God bless late birthday presents - just got this from my buddy and I might as well just give up on finishing all the Mass Effects cause this is gonna suck away my time for the new few months.  

Yeah - I basically told myself that if I don't beat it before March 21 - I never will.

I do need to take a break one weekend to do the Telltale Batman game but other than that it is all Skyrim right now.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I basically told myself that if I don't beat it before March 21 - I never will.

Yep, probably why I will probably skip this in favor of beating Gears of War 4 and Watch Dogs 2 and then abandon my life to Andromeda for four or five months before tackling Skyrim SE sometime this summer.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's cute you think we will be done with ME:A multiplayer by this summer

I'm talking about the campaign.  I will be playing ME:A multiplayer until 2025 or something.

Man ... One wrong turn out of Helgen and I'm a level 1 in the middle of a snowstorm staring at a Wispmother.  I forgot how mean this game is. 

So after that first glorious death, I stayed on the pathway to Riverwood picking flowers like the good little Nord that I am. 

• Like 1

I have played a Khajiit since these games started coming out and I have never fucked up that jump in Helgen and I am nearly total shit at platforming.

And yeah, the game can be unforgiving hence my save now / save often policy.   Nothing sucks worse than running into an Atronach when you're out hunting for pelts.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I bought all three "plots" of land for the achievement but I only built out one of them.

Honestly Lakeview Manor is the only one worth a shit. Fantastic views and reasonable distance to Falkreath. The catch iirc is you're more likely to have a random encounter outside. In games before I've lost 3 stewards and that poor bard...

Going back and reading this thread is really bad while in the middle of playing the game.  I'm now super paranoid that I sold the Skyforge Steel Sword after getting it from the Companions quest because I was in super "I need sell everything to furnish my house because I can't stand my books having to be stored in a trunk and not out looking all beautiful on a shelf" mode.  And now I'm at work so I'm going to worry about it all night until I'm able to get home and check on it.