DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

I've been thinking about re-installing this and giving it another run-thought with some of the newer and cooler mods.  Any recommendations in that regard?

Naturally I'll never actually finish the game, Witcher 3 will be out soon.

I tend to stick with the basics: the unofficial patches, Immersive Armor and Immersive Weapons, a thing that makes unread books glow, various hair/tattoo additions, and a no-helmet hack.  If you can play at high-res, you can find a lot more things that clean up the textures.

I may have asked this - anyone here playing Elder Scrolls Online now? Kinda wondering if it would be worth buying an XBox One for. I told myself I'd buy an XBox One for a standalone Elder Scrolls game, because I loved Skyrim so much, but I didn't wanna pay $10 a month for Elder Scrolls Online.

Online reviews seem mixed.

I may have asked this - anyone here playing Elder Scrolls Online now? Kinda wondering if it would be worth buying an XBox One for. I told myself I'd buy an XBox One for a standalone Elder Scrolls game, because I loved Skyrim so much, but I didn't wanna pay $10 a month for Elder Scrolls Online.

Online reviews seem mixed.

After June, you won't have to pay the monthly fee.

I did the beta last year, and was not very impressed. I thought it needed a lot of work. Closer to the "re-launch" in June, I'll look for some Twitch.TV or YouTube videos to see if it's improved any.

• 1 month later...

I was moving my Sykrim files last night and I was seriously debating just deleting it all and starting over.

I barely touched the main quest - ie: I never did The Way of the Voice so I never finished even Act I

I got so lost in the random shit that I still dumped over 100 hours into the game.

Plus - I know when I last was playing it - I was at the end of a cave about to fight a boss demon and I have zero memory of the control scheme. But that was over 2 years ago.

Stupid Thieves guild distracting me

I want to be head of the Thieves Guild but I also don't want to give up that unbreakable lock-pick.

HA! That was exactly my thinking too.

I was planning on keeping it until my lockpick skill is 100. Then there is no need for it.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've heard, there won't be a subscription fee for the ES:O on the XB1

That being said, I also heard some very not good stuff about this on PC...so I am divided on whether to get this on the XB1.  Neverwinter is free on the XB1 and it does so much RPG right, its not even funny, quite possibly the best game on the XB1 right now, FREE mind you....and its an MMORPG, my first...kinda sorta

From what I've heard, there won't be a subscription fee for the ES:O on the XB1

That being said, I also heard some very not good stuff about this on PC...so I am divided on whether to get this on the XB1.  Neverwinter is free on the XB1 and it does so much RPG right, its not even funny, quite possibly the best game on the XB1 right now, FREE mind you....and its an MMORPG, my first...kinda sorta

They're dropping all subscription fees come June. So all you'll have to do it buy it once, then go.

I was part of the original beta and was not impressed. As you've pointed out, there are other completely free MMOs (Neverwinter, Lord of the Rings, etc.) that do so much better. At this point, I kinda wish Bethesda would back away from the MMO scene and just work on whatever Elder Scrolls VI will be.

I may need to pick up a new version of this with all the DLC. 

This is the game that got me back into gaming but I so quickly moved on to Red Dead/GTA5/Destiny that I never really gave it a good shot.  I'm pretty sick of all those, so it really is probably time to go back before dipping into the thousand other games I eventually need to get to.

This is the game that got me back into gaming but I so quickly moved on to Red Dead/GTA5/Destiny that I never really gave it a good shot.  I'm pretty sick of all those, so it really is probably time to go back before dipping into the thousand other games I eventually need to get to.

Yeah - I saw you playing it the other day at Level 1 and was all like "FUCK! Chris is going to make me finally finish Skyrim"

Yeah - I saw you playing it the other day at Level 1 and was all like "FUCK! Chris is going to make me finally finish Skyrim"

Yea I picked up the Legendary version because apparently I traded in my old game at some point that I don't really remember. 

I went ahead and deleted my save file and started over as a Brenton.  I tried to load my old game and had pretty much no clue what was going on it had been so long. My last play through was as a Khajiit, and as anyone who plays games with me knows, stealth and long rang weaponry isn't exactly my style. 

And of course within 5 minutes of getting through the Keep I'm off doing random sidequests again whenever they come up and I'm pretty sure I'll be 20 hours in again before even getting to the main story.

I still have to beat Witcher 2

Oh the pile of shame...

I almost want to get an XBONE just so that I can give up on my insane backlog of games I have from not buying a 360 until the system was 7 years old and just basically starting over.

My last play through was as a Khajiit, and as anyone who plays games with me knows, stealth and long rang weaponry isn't exactly my style.

I'm not a stealth guy either. I basically just built my guy into a walking tank.

• 1 month later...

I have been without internet at my new house for five terrifying days so offline gaming is the new hotness and Ra'Viir The Ghostclaw lives again.  It was good to see that I haven't lost my gift for bandit ambush.

Bleak Falls Barrow is not as intimidating when you know where all of the Draughir are. I also remembered to let the boss Draughir beat on me to near death to boost my Light Armor and Block skills a bit before snuffing that mother.

• Like 1