DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

Oh Lydia - how you died 5 minutes after I met you... whoops

She is my Housecarl so she stays in the fucking house.  I cannot have any clunky Nords following me while I am being all Khajiiti and stealthy and slicing dudes' tendons from behind with two daggers..

I am a clunky Nord and I still wouldn't have her trap falling ass following me around. Her job is to sit there and look at my empty bed.

Went into Walmart today and Legendary was priced at $60.

Hmmm, maybe it's just my Walmart, but I'm positive about the Legendary game being $30. Walmart.com has the Legendary game for $55 and the regular game for $30. You could actually save a buck or two by buying the regular game and downloading the DLC at those prices.

I went in to the store thinking of buying Grand Theft Auto 5 for a poor friend of mind so we could play online after I noticed it's available at walmart.com for $40. It was $60 at my store. I know they'd price match it if I brought them a printout of their own damn website, but I still thought that was funny.

The PC version was priced at $30 but the Xbox is still $60 (which I don't get because Skyrim without the add-ons is down to $20).

Got an email from best buy

A premium collector’s edition for the latest chapter of the award-winning franchise, The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition, is now available for pre-order. Choose your own style of play as you embark upon an epic adventure across all of Tamriel, playing alone on a heroic quest, exploring the huge, rich world with a few select friends, or playing with hundreds of others in massive PvP battles to save the Empire.

As a bonus, if you pre-order the Imperial Edition or the Standard Edition, you will receive The Explorer’s Pack, which includes the Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps, and the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance. Early Access will also be offered to those pre-ordering the PC/Mac version, five days early access for the Imperial Edition and three days for the Standard edition. The choice is yours!

Plus, MyBestBuy customers get $10 in reward certificates when you pre-order and purchase.²

Valid on Xbox One and PS4 versions only.

Was thinking about making a return to Skyrim. Finished the main game and the Dawnguard DLC. Is the Dragonborn DLC worth a visit? 

Absolutely is. You get a whole new huge area to explore as well as the usual new armor/weapons, etc

BTW - Jenn definitely downloaded the Online Beta

I am assuming that is why she no longer posts :-)

LOL

I can't say much of anything about it, but while it's very pretty, it still needs some work, IMO. Mostly balancing opening areas and such.

What are the general thoughts on Oblivion?

Maybe it's because I played Skyrim first, but I found Oblivion to be a total mess. 

I've had multiple people tell me that Oblivion's decent if you played it before playing Skyrim, but Skyrim's game mechanics are so much better than Oblivion's it ruins Oblivion for you if you've played Skyrim first. Not the graphics, which were bound to be better, but the spell/weapons/inventory system, things like that.

I remember I had played Oblivion for a bit and I asked folks around her if I should finish it before going to Skyrim and the answer was a unanimous "play Skyrim"

I never figured out if that was because of how awesome Skyrim was or because of the problems of Oblivion but yeah...

FWIW my girlfriend played Oblivion before Skyrim ever came out and she considers it one of her favorite games of all time. If you're starting it, I would highly suggest finishing it (if you like it) before even touching Skyrim. Once you go Skyrim, you'll never look back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...