DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2018 - WEEK ELEVEN

RIPPA

16 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Skins are bringing in EJ Manual, T.J. Yates and Mark Sanchez for tryouts.

No Kaep, of course, even though the Skins QB coach was part of the 49ers coaching staff.  PFT speculates it might be because Bruce Allen is a political conservative.

Hey Sam Bradford and Nate Peterman are available as well. . . .

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Washington has signed Mark Sanchez, because he is better than other people who are currently suing the NFL. 

It might only be for this week.

Remember WFC plays Dallas on Thanksgiving. Sanchez has played for Matt Cavanaugh (DC's OC) before. PLUS, he has been with the Cowboys sorta recently.

Talk all this morning was they would sign him for this week and then sign someone else for the rest of the year.

14 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

Trubisky has crashed back to earth after a couple of games where he was able to shred defenses, although to be fair, Cousins wasn't marginally better. Also, checking the stats for the season, his overall rating is 101.6. Aaron Rodgers is 102.2

It was funny to listen to the announcers raving about this unstoppable Bears offense through the whole game last night.  Meanwhile, Trubisky was throwing for 165 and 2 picks and they put up like 310 yards.  

I didn't understand that shit at all. Trubisky has been wildly inconsistent. He's had some amazing success, but even the Bucs game where he scored 6TDs he was throwing some inaccurate passes. Often time it gets swept under the rug because he gets bailed out by a flag. I like the kid, but he's not The Man yet.

Also, - it's great that he makes so much happen on his feet, but I HATE IT that they design plays where he's supposed to run it. We have two running backs who don't suck. Let them do that shit.

• Like 1

The thing that seriously annoys me, as a Bears fan, is that the big argument for why the Vikings would win was because the Bears hadn't beaten anyone with a winning record. But, look at the Vikings 5.5 wins: Tie with GB (admittedly, better than Chicago managed), San Francisco, Arizona, Detroit, NY Jets, and the Eagles. They haven't exactly beat the cream of the crop in the NFL.