DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

I can only counter with the following image of Cardinals fans:

Posted Image

Now, this is what I see in my own mind, and I'm sure the reality matches up pretty closely.

I was at the game last night, and this is pretty much exactly how all of us sensational, intelligent, pure-hearted Cardinals fans celebrated the win.

I'll say it forever and ever, I absolutely love being a fan of a team everyone else hates/is sick of.  It allows me to sleep like a baby during the entire NFL playoffs and after the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs every year.

I eagerly await piranesi's thoughts on all the TRADITION which we are seeing in the League Championship Series matchups.

I agree about the awesomeness of this final four.  Now that we have expunged the vagabonds, bumpkins, and reefer mules we can have ourselves a tournament.

Let's go....to the videotape:

Cardinals/Dodgers

Cardinals/Red Sox:

Cardinals/Tigers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YgODaIxgE

• Like 1

I don't follow baseball nearly as much as I used to, but I was a hardcore Cardinals fan long before I was a hardcore wrestling fan.  I got started in 1985 for that near-miss...they went through a long dry spell and I wondered if I'd ever see them win a World Series.  As it turned out, I go to see it twice.

So, to quote a certain someone, they've gone from being the Red Sox to being the Yankees?

I can live with that.

I much prefer this Tigers/Cardinals video:

I'm a fan of three of the teams left (all but the Dodgers) but really will only be happy if the Tigers win it all.  Been too long.

That Deadspin article was all over my Facebook feed yesterday, because I live in St. Louis, so do most if my friends. And all I could think of the whole time reading it was an Asian dude with long white hair and a sword screaming "Guardians!"

Even with the traditional archivalry with the Giants, AND having to see the clip of that fucking Kirk Gibson home run every fucking year around this time, somehow the Dodgers still feel like the least loathesome of the four remaining teams, and I never thought I'd be in that position.

Sour Grapes is a funny thing :)

• Like 1

Being from Detroit, when I think "Kirk Gibson World Series Home Run", I think of the one from '84 where he hit a mammoth home run off Goose Gossage.  Dick Williams wanted Goose to walk him, Goose thought he could strike out Gibby, leading Sparky Anderson to needle at Gibby from the dugout "He don't wanna walk you!  He don't wanna walk you!"  Gibson then hit a home run that went about 5 miles and basically ended the Series for the Padres.  The clip of the home run with audio from the mound and the Tigers' dugout is just awesome:

Being from Detroit, when I think "Kirk Gibson World Series Home Run", I think of the one from '84 where he hit a mammoth home run off Goose Gossage.  Dick Williams wanted Goose to walk him, Goose thought he could strike out Gibby, leading Sparky Anderson to needle at Gibby from the dugout "He don't wanna walk you!  He don't wanna walk you!"  Gibson then hit a home run that went about 5 miles and basically ended the Series for the Padres.  The clip of the home run with audio from the mound and the Tigers' dugout is just awesome:

I really miss those old school uni's. . . for everyone, they were hideous in the most delightful way.

Ooof.  I can't believe we're still in this game.  It took forever to get Greinke out of there...but can our pen hold out that long and still leave us time to get one before the inevitable bullpen collapse?

Shit.  This comes down to Jay?  I just can't ever see his face with "hero" next to it.

Yep.