DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

I think the Cardinals had the right to be ticked about the ridiculous bat flip that Puig did.  Without that, I don't think the celebration on third base - which I thought was totally fine - bothers anybody.

This "Keepers of the Code" thing that the Cardinals have self-appointed for themselves has gotten more than a little old though.  And I'm a Cards fan.  As proof, here's my 1987 John Tudor jersey:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Except that they were also ticked at Gonzalez's celebration which was tame, and almost exactly like Beltran's celebration from the first game. 

There's a difference.  When The Guardians celebrate, they are celebrating for us...with us...Their joy is a celebration of The Game!

When the Dodgers celebrate, they are clearly celebrating at us.  It's an aggressive and ugly display of hubris.  They are selfishly celebrating their own success.  You see, they can't be celebrating THE GAME! because a Dodgers victory is inherently bad for THE GAME!

So...now you know:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Back in the day, it was the Cardinals violating the code by having Vince Coleman stealing when up 9-0 leading to this (apologies for the wretched VQ) brawl highlighted by Whitey Herzog vs Roger Craig:

That video led me down a rabbit hole that led to an awesome quick little brawl where Pat Corrales (Indians manager) went after Dave Stewart (A's pitcher), trying to kick him.  Stewart promptly decked Corrales.

Back in the day, it was the Cardinals violating the code by having Vince Coleman stealing when up 9-0 leading to this (apologies for the wretched VQ) brawl highlighted by Whitey Herzog vs Roger Craig:

So many trouble-makers over the years.  You can see how the work of The Guardians is never done.

Perhaps a little gratitude might be in order for holding things together for so long.