DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

There is a vast middle ground between "makes the in-ring product suffer" and "super worker." If your biases make it impossible for you to see Nikki's improvement, fine. Don't state that she's a bad worker as if it's a fact.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

There is a vast middle ground between "makes the in-ring product suffer" and "super worker." If your biases make it impossible for you to see Nikki's improvement, fine. Don't state that she's a bad worker as if it's a fact.

Where did I say she was a "bad worker".  I can see Nikki's improvements.  The in-ring product still suffers when she is on top. There are more than a dozen women who put on better matches.  Yes,  that's my opinion just as you have your own. 

• Like 1

To be fair is 3 hours of the broadcast is Steph making a dictator esque pontification of how this was all of her doing and we should be show lucky that she championed womens wrestling being taken more serious.

That was indeed a fun show.

Not a single boring match.

Unintentional Mike Chioda heel turn as he pushed the chair to Becky's hand during the Figure 8 and he then held onto her so she wouldn't take a tumble during the finishing powerbomb.

Also lol@Triple H peeping his head while the ladies posed on the entrance to close the show.

Charlotte Flair as Michael Meyers was great

1) It was seasonal
2) She is also a mountain of unstoppable muscle
3) Even when she's the babyface she's not really the protagonist
4) Speaking is not her thing

5) I am afraid of her but also happy when I hear her music hit

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Just now, nate said:

I dig Ronda Rousey the pro wrestler.

Every match they ask her to do quite a bit more than the last match and every match she absolutely masters the amount they ask her to do. I mean, I know that's probably the plan whenever they bring in someone from "the outside" but how often are they actually up to it?

She's going to be fantastic for a long time.

• Like 2

This was probably the best non-Takeover event they've put on all year.  With the production values and the booking it felt very much like a Takeover. 

Every match on the card was solid to fantastic. 

I think Becky/Charlotte edged out match of the night but both Storm/Io and Kairi/Bazler were in the running..   all 3 were tremendous.  

Becky was a machine out there and Charlotte took everything but the kitchen sink.  Becky finally put her down for what has to be her biggest moment on the main roster it was so good to see.  

I loved the arm work and all the interference in Kairi/Bazler too.  They told a great story. 

I enjoyed the Riott Squad vs. Boss Hugs and Natalya too.  The Riot Squad is really good in these six person tags now.  It could definitely be time to make some women's tag straps.  They were working over Sasha like crazy.  Sasha took some hard ass bumps out there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now if they really want this to matter, then on Tuesday it should be very clear that Charlotte is done. Whether she accepts it or not, she's had her shots and after a last person standing match, it really is over. If they do a rematch just to kill a week of booking I will be so annoyed.

Yeah there was a lot of NXT in this show.  The lighting which was actually a bad thing because it made assholes think that nobody was at the show.  The live music hype video to promote the show.   That it was only 3 1/2 hours and not 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours

She's winning the belt on Tuesday. She will start her own faction and for no reason Becky will join. This is my prognostication. Note: My bullshit tends to be right far too often for the good of all. Be afraid.