Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Recommended Posts

Meltzer gave Becky/Charlotte 4 3/4 stars which I am 99.9% certain is the highest rated WWE based women's match ever (based on his ratings)

Sasha/Bayley 1 and Asuka/Ember 2 were both 4 1/2 so I believe those were the two previous highs

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer gave Becky/Charlotte 4 3/4 stars which I am 99.9% certain is the highest rated WWE based women's match ever (based on his ratings)

Sasha/Bayley 1 and Asuka/Ember 2 were both 4 1/2 so I believe those were the two previous highs

I'll back you on those calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'll back you on those calls.

I think these are the rest that received 4+

Sasha/Bayley Iron Man Match received 4.25 stars

Sasha vs. Becky Lynch at NXT Takeover : Unstoppable received 4 stars. 

Sasha vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte at WrestleMania 32 received 4 stars

Sasha vs. Charlotte Falls Count Anywhere from RAW received 4 stars. 

Sasha vs. Charlotte title change from 10/3/16 RAW received 4 stars .

Charlotte vs. Asuka at WM received 4 stars. 

Asuka vs. Bayley at NXT Takeover Brooklyn II  received 4 stars. 

Asuka vs. Emma at NXT Takeover London received 4 stars. 

Asuka vs. Nikki Cross Last Woman Standing Match at NXT received 4 stars. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. I think Banks/Bayley Iron Woman match was ****1/4.

---

If anyone's interested, my top ten WWE women's matches resembles something like:

1. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks. NXT TakeOver: Respect, 7th October 2015. ****3/4.

2. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, 22nd August 2015. ****3/4.

3. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair. WWE Evolution, 28th October 2018. ****3/4.

4. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks. WWE RAW, 28th November 2016. ****1/2.

5. Asuka vs. Ember Moon. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III, 19th August 2017. ****1/2.

6. Women's Royal Rumble Match. WWE Royal Rumble, 28th January. ****1/2.

7.  Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks. WWE RAW, 3rd October 2016. ****1/2.

8. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch. NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, 20th May 2015. ****1/2.

9. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch. WWE WrestleMania 32, 3rd April 2016. ****1/2.

10. Charlotte vs. Natalya. NXT TakeOver, 29th May 2014. ****1/2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think these are the rest that received 4+

Sasha/Bayley Iron Man Match received 4.25 stars

Sasha vs. Becky Lynch at NXT Takeover : Unstoppable received 4 stars. 

Sasha vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte at WrestleMania 32 received 4 stars

Sasha vs. Charlotte Falls Count Anywhere from RAW received 4 stars. 

Sasha vs. Charlotte title change from 10/3/16 RAW received 4 stars .

Charlotte vs. Asuka at WM received 4 stars. 

Asuka vs. Bayley at NXT Takeover Brooklyn II  received 4 stars. 

Asuka vs. Emma at NXT Takeover London received 4 stars. 

Asuka vs. Nikki Cross Last Woman Standing Match at NXT received 4 stars. 

 

 

There's some missing ones there. The women's MITB match this year got 4, and the Charlotte/Bayley title change from Raw last year got 4.25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also gave Storm/Satomura 4 1/4 this week. He also said it was the best WWE women's match he had ever seen until the ppv a few days later.

I'm assuming he's not counting NXT in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

He also gave Storm/Satomura 4 1/4 this week. He also said it was the best WWE women's match he had ever seen until the ppv a few days later.

I'm assuming he's not counting NXT in that.

That is kind of ridiculous. I enjoyed the match, but wouldn't even make a top 20. Too much great stuff from the Horsewomen, Asuka, and even as far back as the JBA/GG series to be rating it that high.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be perfectly Meltzer to not count other non-main roster matches in that statement while praising a non-main roster/non-NXT match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopeful they do a full WWE24 episode, but still a nice watch, thanks.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...