DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2018

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

I'm all for this, but of course it's been met with mixed reactions. Majority of the general fans are in favor. Those opposing are mostly Madridistas.

2 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Since when has Serie A having exactly 0 legitimate cash stopped them from buying things?

Since when has the country of Italy having exactly 0 legitimate cash stopped them from buying things?

• Thanks 1

Guest Edwin

Serie A clubs don't have ridiculous budgets like the Premier League clubs, but they got a new TV deal and are doing just fine financially. Well, most of the big clubs at least...

Also, they can just sell whatever flops they have to Premier League clubs who will gladly overpay for them.

Guest Edwin
7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hope he leads Juventus to a CL title.  

Sure, but I would bet on him pulling a Neymar at PSG. Dominate locally but fall short in Europe.

Juve have to sell now and Higuaín and Rugani to Chelsea and Alex Sandro to United are the ones that seem likely.

Chelsea have sacked coach Antonio Conte after reaching a compensation agreement for the final year of his contract, paving the way for Maurizio Sarri to take over, sources have told ESPN FC.

Conte, who had refused to walk away from Chelsea unless the final year of his contract was paid in full, has been waiting since winning the FA Cup in May to resolve his future at Stamford Bridge, but difficulty in securing Sarri delayed the process.

Chelsea are expected to announce Sarri's appointment on an initial two-year contract imminently -- together with the signing of Italy international midfielder Jorginho for a combined fee of €65 million (£57.5m) -- after convincing Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis to release the 59-year-old from his contract.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Stupid fucking assholes. Now because of their actions shit is going to rain down on every other supporters group in the league. MLS is going to do an over the top crackdown. I have been told that the league is attempting to force clubs to only have one supporters group (This is why the situation in DC with two of their supporters groups essentially being cast out of their stadium happened) for insurance and control purposes. This is only going to encourage them to continue down that path.

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

Stop lighting fucking flares. Sounds like a pretty simple rule.

Trust me I'm with you. I was at RFK last year when the nitwits in the GSU had to do their "Ultras" cosplay and set off flares. It got out of control melting a plastic seat and the genius threw it off the upper deck where it narrowly missed a hospitality tent. Even worse: had we been in the upper part of that upper deck all the seats are made of rotten wood. If this had taken place there you could've ended up with a replay of the horror of Bradford City. That group was stupid and bragged about it online despite the fact that it's common knowledge the front office monitors social media, which made it easy for the club to essentially take away their status as an official recognized supporters group.