DVDVR Message Board

MOVIE COMMENT CATCH-ALL THREAD

jaedmc

Weren't they broken up in two different vans on their way to the airport? The people in one van could've thought he was in the other van, and when they got to the airport they were in such a rush running through that nobody even thought to look for a missing person.

The first scene of Inglorious Basterds is probably the best single thing he's ever done, but I think the rest of the movie is "merely" good, and not great.

The bar scene with Fassbender and the strudel scene are both incredibly awesome also.

RE: Home Alone. I've had this discussion a couple times with people but the McAllisters are fucking filthy rich. Look at the house and his father paying for a vacation like that for 15-20 people...  Kevin was a spoiled brat. For the longest time I thought the "Filthy Animal" film was a real movie.. I'd sad that it's not.

Did we ever find out Mr McAllister's job? Considering his wealth and callous indifference to his son, as well as Kevin's (presumably inherited) violent tendencies, I'd go with international arms dealer.

Truthfully, Macaulay Culkin's such a mess I'm wondering just how long it will be until we can no longer enjoy this film without the really sad "Oh, but he later died" context.

Although I like to think he'll pull a Keith Richards and still be around at 70.

1) I saw Anchorman 2 today. Quick review: THIS IS LITERALLY THE SAME MOVIE AS THE FIRST ANCHORMAN. I love the first Anchorman. This was exactly the same. I don't think they shared any lines but I wouldn't be surprised.

2) I watched some of Olympus Has Fallen last night. It is one of the dumbest movies of all-time. I got too tired to keep watching it but it was pretty enjoyably horrible.

I saw the trailer for Olympus has Fallen and thought it look dumb. Then I saw the trailer for White House Down in which the president, played by Jamie Foxx, was trying to shoot a bunch of terrorists with a giant rocket launcher, and decided that movie took the biscuit for stupidity.  

I've been trying to get Netflix to send me that blu-ray for months now. Every time I think I've got it, it seems to come up as "short wait" as soon as I send back my previous disc.

Yes, I am one of the 5 people in America still paying for the disc service.