DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013-14: OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got, GOD DAMN IT!

And now Theo and Jed won't go after Jimenez or Santana because of the draft pick compensation. I say fuck the draft pick and sign Jimenez AND Maholm both.

God fucking dammit. FUCK. DAMMIT. SHIT. 

If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got, GOD DAMN IT!

And now Theo and Jed won't go after Jimenez or Santana because of the draft pick compensation. I say fuck the draft pick and sign Jimenez AND Maholm both.

God fucking dammit. FUCK. DAMMIT. SHIT.

Did anyone really think there was going to be any teams in play other than the Yankees or Dodgers.

Because they have to do something now. The last two to three years have been a lot of "the team will be ready in 2013" and then that turned into 2014, now it's 2015, and you see how this goes. You said it yourself, all the team is doing is treading water and it's depressing to look at one pointless move and disappointment after another.

Jimenez is pretty bad and is going to want Edwin Jackson money, and isn't worth it. Signing Maholm wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Now that Tanaka is a Yankee, it's a matter of time before he either blows out his arm because of the NPB workload or gets suspended for PED use, since one overpriced Yankee is contractually obligated to be on the stuff.

Per Ken Rosenthal - Yanks are signing Tanaka

7 years, $155 million with opt out after 4

I think Craig is gonna need a hug

And we still have no fucking infield.  We're gonna be relying on K's and Fly outs.

And we still have no fucking infield. We're gonna be relying on K's and Fly outs.

Granted, he missed most of last year, but we do have a gold glove first baseman.

And we still have no fucking infield. We're gonna be relying on K's and Fly outs.

Granted, he missed most of last year, but we do have a gold glove first baseman.

Who spent the last 2 years not being able to hit water if he fell out of a boat.

And we still have no fucking infield.  We're gonna be relying on K's and Fly outs.

And in that bandbox? LOL

I've heard Tanaka is a solid 3, maybe a 2. Nobody knows.. but they paid him like an ace. It'll be interesting.

Just to be clear - everyone who had a shot of signing him had to offer him a similar contract so it's not like the Yanks were all wacky out of line with everyone else.

Who spent the last 2 years not being able to hit water if he fell out of a boat.

If he hits like he did in 2011 (.248/39/111, OPS+ of 121) and gives you Gold Glove defense, I'm thinking that's a pretty good year from Tex.  It ain't 2009 anymore.

I've heard Tanaka is a solid 3, maybe a 2. Nobody knows.. but they paid him like an ace. It'll be interesting.

Just to be clear - everyone who had a shot of signing him had to offer him a similar contract so it's not like the Yanks were all wacky out of line with everyone else.

They weren't. The suspicion is that either Ichiro or Kuroda may have convinced Tanaka to come over. That AND the Yankees offered him a full NTC and Theo's policy for the Cubs is no NTCs.

As for the rooftops, that was inevitable. Ricketts pandered to those assholes all season and this is where it got him. In even funnier news, one of those rooftop buildings went up for sale as well.

This has been a shit day, though. Whatever. Onward and...aw fuck it.

They weren't. The suspicion is that either Ichiro or Kuroda may have convinced Tanaka to come over. That AND the Yankees offered him a full NTC and Theo's policy for the Cubs is no NTCs.

As for the rooftops, that was inevitable. Ricketts pandered to those assholes all season and this is where it got him. In even funnier news, one of those rooftop buildings went up for sale as well.

This has been a shit day, though. Whatever. Onward and...aw fuck it.

You'll feel better when he has a era in the mid 4's and a couple of DL stints in a year or two. 20 million a year for an unproven MLB pitcher is insane. . .