DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

"Life passes by in a flash. One moment you're a smarmy adolescent television star and the next you're a D-level reality show producer who's made a career in wrestling by telling Eric Bischoff he looks great on a motorcycle and yes, for sure, next week I'll definitely bring my girlfriend to that club to meet his wife. Still, I think of a time when people thought I was photogenic, and a wrestling promotion ruined by Hulk Hogan, like a lot of wrestling promotions ruined by Hulk Hogan, and I look back in wonder."

"Can we go outside and play catch?"

"I'll be right there, Scott Baio." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

"Life passes by in a flash. One moment you're a smarmy adolescent television star and the next you're a D-level reality show producer who's made a career in wrestling by telling Eric Bischoff he looks great on a motorcycle and yes, for sure, next week I'll definitely bring my girlfriend to that club to meet his wife. Still, I think of a time when people thought I was photogenic, and a wrestling promotion ruined by Hulk Hogan, like a lot of wrestling promotions ruined by Hulk Hogan, and I look back in wonder."

"Can we go outside and play catch?"

"I'll be right there, Scott Baio." 

That one wrestling promotion was ruined way before Hulk got there. 

I don't think Hervey was ever considered photogenic. He just had a really punchable face that was perfect for an obnoxious sibling. Anybody remember the Wonder Years where Kevin told Wayne off and went way too far?

Back to wrestling, at the height of Big Show's ego problems in WCW. Regal tells Show "Do you know the difference between you and Ron Reis? They give you a push."

6 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I wish there'd been a Wonder Years invasion of WCW around that time.

a Vader vs Fred Savage match that turns out to be Big Show/Mayweather twenty years earlier. Dan Lauria as the Ole Anderson manager. A Madusa/Becky Slater match.

Well Vader later came close to a match with Fred's younger brother.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victator said:

It could be a plain old DUI which WWE has no problem with. 

For Jeff's employment sake I hope it was just alcohol. Either way I'd hope the company gets him the help he needs. Jeff is almost as bad as RVD when it comes to fucking up at one of the worst possible times.

Just now, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Isn't the Orton rule that the strikes reset after a while? Or does that not count because he didn't work there

I think if you get a second strike, there is a program you can do to go back down to one. But they said repeatedly that leaving doesn't erase strikes back years ago.

• Like 2

Okay - hold up

Y'all need to remember that an arrest is NOT a Wellness violation.

A Wellness violation is for a failed test.

The WWE could still go ahead and suspend him since they can play fast and loose with arrests. I mean the one Uso just had a DUI earlier this year and missed a week.

And Jeff didn't violate the alcohol clause of the policy because he wasn't drinking alcohol within 12 hours of performing at a WWE event.

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think if you get a second strike, there is a program you can do to go back down to one. But they said repeatedly that leaving doesn't erase strikes back years ago.

You can petition to have a strike removed - you just have to stay clean for 18 months.

• Thanks 1