DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I know Raw started already and didn’t want to add it to last week’s thread. But I genuinely felt bad for Coach last week. He’s not in a groove yet, but every time he asked something or broached a subject, regardless of it’s nature, they just Art Donovan’d him. The other two had to lay out for two minutes while Cole said his dumbass forced lines, until Corey nicely went back to Coach to answer his question. 

I hope he finds a space because as much as I despise three man teams, I think he could add some semblance of something. He’d be good in a backstage role again to be honest, or at least a ringside corespondent. Which seems like a cool spot, in my opinion. Sit him ringside and he could cut in with a different perspective. But who am I kidding, this isn’t sports, it’s entertainment, pal. 

We’ll see, maybe. 

25 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I know Raw started already and didn’t want to add it to last week’s thread. But I genuinely felt bad for Coach last week. He’s not in a groove yet, but every time he asked something or broached a subject, regardless of it’s nature, they just Art Donovan’d him. The other two had to lay out for two minutes while Cole said his dumbass forced lines, until Corey nicely went back to Coach to answer his question. 

I hope he finds a space because as much as I despise three man teams, I think he could add some semblance of something. He’d be good in a backstage role again to be honest, or at least a ringside corespondent. Which seems like a cool spot, in my opinion. Sit him ringside and he could cut in with a different perspective. But who am I kidding, this isn’t sports, it’s entertainment, pal. 

We’ll see, maybe. 

Coach should always be Art Donovan'd. 

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Be that as it may, he did try to get some rapport. It seemed a bit unprofessional as opposed to just storyline being a dick. 

This is one of the main problems of commentary these days. There is so much bickering/attempts to get oneself over/rip someone else down instead of actually enhancing the show with, you know, talking about the match/product.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Booker T is a tough dude and has pulled his veteran respect card on others, which I guess could be seen as bullying. Plus, it's not like Booker T is a sane and rational person. This is the guy that flipped the fuck out because someone drank one or two of his Red Bulls (that I think the Young Bucks drank). It's a story so famous that people keep telling it and mainly focus on how crazy Booker T was. 

Booker T spoke about smart words being used against him. I mean, come on, really?

I can never speak ill of Booker after reading the story of the backstage fight between Jericho-Goldberg where Jericho calls Goldberg a "fuckin' goof" and Goldberg replies "Your mom's a fuckin' good" and Booker T cuts in with something like "Wait, did you just call his mom a goof?  That's the worst insult I've ever heard, man!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, but where’s that leave Shelton? He’s no slouch. 

Not that I’m hoping for this, but am I alone in thinking it’d be cool to have a trade at some point for say, two draft picks in the upcoming shakeup, if the person switching was worthy? 

I wish they’d utilize the sports side of these drafts. 

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

If they decide to do a Smackdown Goes Oldschool night, then having Haas coming back for one night to re-form WGTT in a match with The Usos, there would be absolutely nothing non-awesome about it.

Well, I know it’s a ways away, but the Smackdown 1000th(?) is in September, so...maybe?

• Like 1