DVDVR Message Board

2018 WRESTLING MERCHANDISE TOPIC

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

As much as I enjoy Graves, I really don't need to rep for an announcer on a pro wrestling show. If Gordon Solie didn't get a t-shirt, then neither should Graves.

Plus are you really buying it to support Corey Graves or because you really hate Byron Saxton.  Which says even less about you as a person because it isn't like Saxton gets "Cena sucks' fake heat.   

Saxton must be getting paid really well to be the most disliked babyface announcer in wrestler and be perfectly fine with it.   

If they are going to create announcer WWE shirts now, I need one with the Smackdown Live logo followed by a thumb on the mute button of a remote

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

As much as I enjoy Graves, I really don't need to rep for an announcer on a pro wrestling show. If Gordon Solie didn't get a t-shirt, then neither should Graves.

Solie did get a shirt:

VALQZ4w.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

50 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Plus are you really buying it to support Corey Graves or because you really hate Byron Saxton.  Which says even less about you as a person because it isn't like Saxton gets "Cena sucks' fake heat.   

Saxton must be getting paid really well to be the most disliked babyface announcer in wrestler and be perfectly fine with it.   

If they are going to create announcer WWE shirts now, I need one with the Smackdown Live logo following a thumb on the mute button of a remote

It makes me really uncomfortable to hear him get railed on all the time. With JBL it was intensely vicious and fucked up, and with Graves it seems to just be him doing shtick, but it doesn't make it any better or make me think it's funny or entertaining to just motherfuck a guy at every turn for doing his job.

Edited by grilledcheese
spelling

2 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

It makes me really uncomfortable to hear him get railed on all the time. With JBL it was intensely vicious and fucked up, and with Graves it seems to just be him doing shtick, but it doesn't make it any better or make me think it's funny or entertaining to just motherfuck a guy at every turn for doing his job.

I can see that. But with Graves and Byron, they’re friends, busting each other’s balls. JBL is just a fucking asshole. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I can see that. But with Graves and Byron, they’re friends, busting each other’s balls. JBL is just a fucking asshole. 

Absolutely, but the fact that someone thought that his gimmick should be the punching bag is the part that bums me out.  It's not any great deal, seeing as wrestling is a medium that can be appreciated without the need for a commentary team (or, without a grasp of the language that team is using).  It's just one of the things that harshes my mellow about something I love very dearly.

Edited by grilledcheese
added a thought

I get you. Byron is pretty good. I mean, in that Japan show with Cole he was really good (both were great). If they dial down a bit, yeah, it could be pretty solid all around. I love the Smackdown team in general anyways. Tom is great. 

• Like 1